“A real treat in east Flores”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flores
Ankermi / Happy Dive Resort
Ranked #20 of 50 Specialty Lodging in Flores
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A real treat in east Flores”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a lovely and relaxing place to stay about a 30min drive east of Maumere. It's great if you just want some downtime to read books and get some sun. The bungalows are well maintained and have a mezzanine inside and also a balcony, so there are plenty of options for chilling out. The restaurant is good, you can eat by candle light beside the sea if you wish. The highlight of my stay was diving with Kermi. I only did 2 dives but they were very good, lots of interesting marine life to see highly recommended.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in April 2013. We had come from Alor and spent the night on a boat, so were looking forward to a comfortable stay. The grounds are lovely, they have their own rice paddies. The room was also lovely. They have two beds, with oneon a mezzanine, so can happily accommodate three people. However, we thought the price was quite exspensive (345,000rp for the room, 30,000rp to swap a book) and a little too much. However, it should be noted that Indo seems to get more pricey the further East you go due to transport costs etc. The diving was ok, but we had been spoilt in Alor. We only spent one day in Maumere bay (so this may not be fully representative), but it seems that the beaches on the off-shore islands we visited were effected by plastic waste. Overall, it's a serene oasis with beautifull views, but perhaps not the best value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank andynorman2010
oosterbeek
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Ankermi in december 2012. Our intention was to stay only a couple of days before travelling on to the Alor Islands but we ended up staying 10 days. Only 5 nice, clean and certainly not expensive bungalows on the (rocky) shore, no frills, but good beds with nets and pleasant attached outdoor shower , excellent food in the restaurant but above all a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. We found Kermi and Claudia sympathetic hosts who took good care of us and although we only went snorkeling (from the jetty and from the boat; good gear) seeing the way they worked with our fellow guests who went diving and what we heard from the latter they are enthusiastic and knowledgeable diving instructors. The only thing we missed was the possibility to pay by credit card. Now we sometimes miss Ankermi.

Room Tip: Take a bungalow on the shore (there is one in the garden)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

The rooms are modest but with a lot of character. It's right on the water and has gorgeous sunsets, delicious food, and nice staff. You need at least 3 days. We only had 2 days and I wasn't able to dive because we arrived later in the day and were not able to arrange for a dive in the morning. For the reputation of diving around this area, it's not like other dive towns where it's easy to walk into the dive shop and join a trip that morning.

The food is good - get the fried rice. I've traveled throughout Indonesia and I live in Singapore - I think this place had the best nasi goreng I've ever had.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Larnaka City, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I enjoyed staying in one of the coastal facing bungalows (I wouldnt say beach front, as there were rocks in front of the resort rather than beach.) You can walk along the rickety small jetty to go swimming from there, with lovely views. The bungalows were approx 240,000 rupiah a night including a basic breakfast, which by local Indonesian standards is quite expensive. There are only about 5 rooms here so availability is tough during high season. The bathrooms are private but outside of the main bungalow - but there is a lovely view.
I briefly met an English guy from Happy Dive aswell as the manager of the hotel, and I felt uneasy so didnt end up diving. Having read a review online on scubaboard.com , from July this year , it seems that my suspicions about the safety and poor standards of diving here, were correct...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

This was a return visit five years after I first spent a weekend at Ankermi. I loved it then and it’s even better now. I echo the praise expressed by other reviewers. The (very few) criticisms don’t chime with me. Let’s leave it at that.

Just an update on some of the guidebooks. All-in afternoon tea is a thing of the past. Sadly, I think, but then I’m English. And popular demand has seen off the old ‘table d’hote’ approach to dinner. There’s now a choice of evening meal. The food remains excellent.

Ankermi is truly one of my favourite spots, anywhere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Leinfelden-Echterdingen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

If you're looking for a place to enjoy your life than you will find it at Ankermi. You will stay there in a lovely cottage (there is a second floor in it and believe me, to lay down there, it's a wonderful place to relax). The cottages are surrounded from a beautiful garden with ponds and other jewels (the flying ones are red dragonflys) and every cottage have a veranda with an oceanview, from where you can watch these amazing sunsets. Let's talk about the bathroom, in Indonesia better known as Mandi. If you don't know how to use it, there is an informationsheet right beside the mandidoor - if you can read - do it, if not, ask Spongebob Sqaurepants. Anything, I've forgotten? Yes, of course, you don't have to bring a moskitonet with you, already have and how to say: the food is very good!!! And all the people from the staff will help you to have an unforgettable stay. Oh, there's another point I have to mention - during the australian winter the temperature can be very low at night - no snow, but you will be very happy about some warming socks in your luggage.
For all the divers among you: just go out for having a real happy dive, Claudia and Kermi are the best guides to bring you very close to that amazing world under the surface of the Flores Sea, doesn't matter if you are a beginner or an experianced diver.
At last I've to say, when you're travelling without arrogance and give respect to everybody, than you will find at the ANKERMI a place very close to paradise - only close, you ask? For me it's the paradise but Kermi is constantly working for everybody to get the heaven on earth before the last judgement - I love him and Claudia for that (but that joke with the airport, heijeijei).
For more details, maybe for travelling across Flores, go directly to www.ankermi-happydive.com, there you can find also the e-mail adress.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo