Niagara Hotel and Resort
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno elevatorswimming poolhotel is locatedflying foxroom pricehill overlookingvery nice hotelplasma tvthird floorgreat viewbeautiful scenerysurroundingsjacuzzirumahfyipresident
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Negative:
- There was no help to carry our luggage to the room.
- No elevator.
- many mosquito's
- poor breakfast not included

Positive:
- spacious room
- nice view over lake Toba
- good bed
- very big and nice swimming pool

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Peterspring
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel is quite nice with a beautiful swimming pool.It is very silent at night.The view from top of it is very nice.There is no wifi at floors, except lobby/lounge (ground floor), which we also need to ask for it from the recep counters.You don't need aircon, as it is quite cold/cooling.The so called pub at the lobby area was small which can be occupied for about 25 persons in it.Can listen to song sang by the so called "singer" there.Not so nice to hear.Maybe you will sing better.Overall is satisfied just it has no lift and the food not so nice for me.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lovetravelling1113
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Staying here for a night on a ground tour. Our rooms were those facing the mountain (not the one facing the lake). Agreed, this is not an elderly friendly hotel. My in laws have to climb up and down the stairs very slowly.. But since the weather and the scenery were superb, they did enjoy staying here.

The breakfast was a simple one with not much of choices. But good enough to fill our stomach.

Would love to come back here for at least a 2 nights stay... :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank patpo
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotel has a nice exterior, with very grand lobby, a huge nice swimming pool overlooking the lake and everything else. Cafeteria/Restaurant of the hotel is located next to the swimming pool, very nice and cooling for breakfast. However there are too many mosquitoes and I wasn't really happy with little bloodsuckers stealing blood so early in the morning.

Rooms were huge and okay. However most of the euipments or furnishing is quite old and worn out. The shower curtain is stained yellowish at the bottom - not a very appealing sight. It's actually quite disgusting. The taps were old, bathtub and shower were old. However it is clean. Room for two, with a quite big bed for one person, so I guess it is possible to bunk in more than two people? You don't need aircon, as it is quite cold/cooling.

There is no wifi at floors, except lobby/lounge (ground floor), so I was pretty unsatisfied because I like to surf the internet in my bedroom.

There is no lift, only stairs, but helpful staff to carry your luggage. I find it quite intimidating because I insisted to carry my own luggage but the staff mocked my ability and strength by saying that they only have stairs and my room is floors away from the lobby. I really don't like people to handle my luggage, but the staff just took it from my hands without my permission and walked off to my room. I am not a rude person so I had to just let it go and let him carry my luggage.

The room and my sleep was okay. Pillow not fluffy enough, it's pretty soft and flat that it seemed you are sleeping without a pillow. =/

I only stayed one night here, and it was not pleasant. My sleep was okay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Melinda W
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The hotel looked impressive from a distance however is totally not friendy for elderly folks . There is not elevator to your room. The breakfast was really too simple and if you require more than the 2 breads given , you will have to pay for it . The so called pub at the lobby area was glommy and not lively at all . The reception area was also dark and not fully lit hence guest would have a hard time reading the check in documents .

Room Tip: Room facing the lake would be ideal , but you would have to pay extra for this benefit .
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple