“Perfect place!”
Review of Paradiso Village

Paradiso Village
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Padang
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in this lovely place,our OWB and the large variety of fishes brought back to me good memories of my Maldivian stays.The fusion food is nice,Dominique and Marco are very helpful and friendly.
Only one negative point:the garbage coming from the rivers and polluting the tiny beach every morning that's the reason of rating 4/5...but I'll go back!

Room Tip: if you can afford it,choose the comfy overwater bungalow or try to get a bungalow close to the beach...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bernard69

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Arrived via Jakarta at Padang airport. Pickup worked flawless and fast. After approx. 2 hours car-transfer (where we felt always safe), we reached the little harbour.

Marco picked us up to ship us the 15 minutes to the island. It was relaxing from the first moment onwards!
After settling down in our nice hut (direct opposite to a small beach with everything you need like
- reclining chairs outside of the bungalow
- fresh towels every day
- very clean bungalow with mosquito-net and fan
- mosquito-repellent spray (in case needed)
- …
relaxation started!

While lot's of different activities are offered, we were more on the lazy side and enjoyed watching the land-crabs, snorkelling (fine reef!) and a little bit hiking.
Special was the joined breakfast, lunch and dinner, which generated a very nice atmosphere among guests & team and contributed further to the relaxing atmosphere on this island.

Many thanks to the Paradiso-team for making our stay a very relaxing and enjoyable one!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank StefanW_Sgh
Reviewed May 16, 2012

i don't know where to start, from beginning till the end everything was perfect.
we stayed 5 days, you can swim,you can snorkel where ever you want,you can hike,you can use kayaks.
they arrange snorkelling trips to near islands, they arrange picnics, best hosts i have ever met.

food was perfect, we ate all together like a big family dinner.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fossadeileoni
Reviewed April 17, 2012

As a travelling diver I stumbled across this place when last minute changes of plan meant I would be travelling with my 66 year old mother who does not dive so I was looking for somewhere that met my remote island needs and her comfort needs. I needed to be reassured that she would have something to do while I was diving. Cubadak did not disappoint. Mum has never done any remote travelling before but very quickly learnt to relax, just chilling by the beach on her sunlounge. She was so relaxed she even continued reading through an 8.6 quake while I was diving with the awesome Marco. Marco and I returned from our dive to find the other guests at the peir telling us of the quake and we had time to touch base with panicking relatives at home in Australia before the second quake happened. The construction methods used ensure that the structures are safe during quakes. Accomodation is in rustic bungalows with a loft bed so it may be an idea to keep a torch beside the bed for trips to the bathroom downstairs during the night. Food is beautiful. A picnic organised on a nearby island was a highlight for mum while I dived before and after a sumptious lunch on a deserted island on lobster salad. I will say that the owners definitely seem to relate much more to the european guests which is understandable as the target market is the franco italian tourist. Can be a little awkward when you are the only Aussies on the island but the scenery, food and diving made up for this. This really is a blissful island where even the most 'organised tour' type person can truly learn the art of relaxation and simply lay back and watch the waves and kayak around and sit swim in the 30 degree warm and protected waters. As for the diving - Marco would have to be one of the best fun divers ive had the joy to dive with. Not world class diving or viz but the night dive is a definite highlight and one that I will always remember. I would travel to Cubadak again just to do the night dive and meet Grandpa the turtle even if i did surface with a few sea urchin spines in my elbow. Again Marco took care of this.
A special thanks to Marco for the interview on the quakes (I am a lecturer so this impromptu IPAD interview will be greatly appreciated by my engineering students) and also for my song. Marco you rock!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank GypsyGal_11
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was our first trip to Cubadak Island and it won't be our last! From the moment we stepped onto the speedboat in the fishing village, after out 2 hr roadtrip, which was an eyeopener! from the little orange buses, to the bigger buses and the hundreds of bikes coming at you from all directions, we immediately went into to holiday mode! I have never been delivered by boat to my room before, and it was amazing to be met by Dominique on our own private jetty, and shown round our over water bungalow!

We stayed for 9 nights and snorkelled, swam, read and generally relaxed on the decking. Marco took my husband on an introduction to diving and he's totally hooked now and wants to return to do his Padi cert with him as he was such a great instructor and great company in the evenings.

Nanni and Frederica are also great hosts and organise snorkelling trips to other islands, and picnics to other islands, all in the price!

The food we ate was absolutely fantastic and you never knew what may come out of the kitchen next! a great mix of Indonesian food with some Italian chucked in for good measure. Home made ice cream was delicious and some really yummy cakes, quiches, fruits you've never heard of, but you have to try. Nanni makes THE best Gin and Tonics, and plenty of cold beer if you're hot and thirsty.

We took a walk to the top of the hill and took a picture of the bungalows below, and we saw monkeys, hornbills and a sea eagle. We also saw turtles and more fish than you could possibly name!

When sitting on the deck looking out to sea you could be the only people there! its so quiet with only a passing fisherman every now and then.

If you want peace and quiet, fantastic diving, snorkelling, swimming and fab food this is the place for you!

Room Tip: water bungalow is amazing
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marknlou
Reviewed February 22, 2012

At first my stay was booked as 3 days, coinsidently Paradiso caught my fathers eye online and so I was forced to stay a week. Ufffff it was so hard to spend another 3 days in good company, with beautiful food, relaxing in the sunshine! Dominique organises everything for your stay with ease and grace and together with Marco they make wonderful hosts!

A must stay if venturing to West Sumatra, or even if you arn't!

Jedda :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jedda C
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Our third visit to wonderful Paradiso. We stayed for 6 days and wish it were for more. Dominique and Marco are great hosts and make you feel really welcome and part of this lovely and unique experience. Without repeating our previous reports the food was excellent especially the delicious fish and lobster fresh from the sea.
They have decided not to expand thus maintaining the resorts charm and intimacy.
Marco is also the dive-master and can take you on some great dives on the numerous coral reefs around the area.
As always we had a great time see you next year!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple