“Good Hotel with Value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Padang

Mercure Padang
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Padang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Indonesian first
Pfaeffikon, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night but our first impression and experience during check-in at the hotel was not good. We came with a couple who luckily got their booking in the system, but somehow the hotel credit card machine did not accept AMEX at the moment, so they were asked to show a different credit card. Strange. Then, we were even unluckier than them. First of all they said they could not find our booking in the system which we made from booking.com; bare in mind we use booking.com so many times, so we trusted their service and certainly things like this never happened before to us. Then, they somehow wanted us to wait until they managed to check and find our booking in the system again. They made so many excuses when we requested the room for the high floor saying that they were fully booked. After that they claimed they managed to find our booking in the system, but they first offered us a smoking room. We refused. Then, they gave us a twin room on the first floor when we clearly reserved for a superior double room. After insisting with them, somehow magically there was a superior double room available on the 6th floor. My point is, as a customer we appreciate honesty. If somehow the hotel was overbooked, or did not have rooms ready, just told us so. Somehow, so many inconsistencies in responses made us felt treated like a fool. For us, the hotel just lost more credibility. The room itself were clean and comfortable, but I would not recommend this hotel for its bad services and unreliability.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Dewi E,

Thank you for sharing your detail experience with us. We learnt important lesson from your input here. We do really apologize for your inconvenience during your stay with us. We will take some improvement on these area as we directly do one-on-one session with the department concern.

At Mercure Padang, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Many thanks again for the feedback we certainly hope the incident above will not deter you not to come back and stay with us again, as we do expect that we may show you a different hospitality than the last unexpected service you've experience.

Your Sincerely,

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Nice hotel in a crowd area (in evening). Walking distance to Padang Beach, the not so good beach.
The hotel itself is nice, however no sound isolated in the room (room# 630, ocean view)... i can hear other guests chatting, walking, banging the door and also can hear the water drainage.
About food? Had BBQ dinner there, and i think it's value for money (IDR 98K)... and my reservation was room only, hence i can't give the review on the brfast meal.

I think i'll try another hotel when (IF, but not sure in the near future) i visit to padang...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Yuzayakuza,

Thank you for taking your valuable time writing your staying experience at Mercure Padang.

I’m happy to learn that you were having our hotel as a nice and new hotel in town. Also you haved enjoyed your BBQ dinner, yet we apologize for the shortfalls concerning to your inconvenience while you are staying with us. We are committed to providing you with the highest level of service and will eliminate the problems you experienced

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback. We hope you can see the improvements on your next visit to Mercure Padang

general Manager
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

When we arrived, the check in took soooo long we could have taken a tour of the city first! Completely unacceptable in a four star hotel. the staff neither smiled or apologised. It was a chore, not a pleasure. Please train your front counter staff to smile sincerely in future. The room had no wifi reception and was only fixed by our departure. So much for conducting any business or contacting loved ones. The hotel was at least clean. Thanks to the cleaning staff who did smile. The bartender on the night of the 27th of September did not even ask my wife is she wanted anything despite being the only person at the bar. On the last day we order room service breakfast. Half the western menu was un available. What did arrive subsequently took 90 mins. The one upside was the assistant duty manager who gave us a late checkout. We might try one more time to see if we just got Mecure staff on An off day.

Room Tip: Beach view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear 13jono,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

I very much appreciate your feedback and I am disappointed that we did not deliver to your expectations. At a certain period while we were running on full occupancy, it sometimes prevented us from being able to prepare the best of check in process quickly. Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconveniences caused to you by this event.

As we always look for opportunity to enhance our Guest experience, you are very welcome to drop me a note prior to your next visit, and share any information that may help us deliver an even more enjoyable stay to you.

I look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

What can I say? Most of Mercure chain has the basic standard that most of us looking for from a decent hotel, clean, neat, tidy, friendly staff.
Start from the arrival, I didnt have my key with me, my friend fell asleep waiting for me (I arrived past midnite) the staff at the frontdesk called the security to take me to my room, and bring along my luggage. The room itself is spacious (twin bed), equipped with a sofa, a mini table, a desk and a chair, a flat tv with only few channels (I didnt bother, I was in business trip anyway) with all basic amenities of course. The great thing is, I have this sea-and-mountain view from my window! So soothing!

The shower is also spacious, modern and ,,, I wanna say super clean when I saw this small gecko just right at the corner of the toilet! I didnt complaint tho'....it was gone by morning anyway (and I didnt find it anywhere near my pillow, --well I didn't check my friend's)

The breakfast is great, variety of pastries, and mix of western and indonesian food, salad bar, cereal bar, etc. The view from the restaurant is superb, the pool which face towards the sea, a vast area of outdoor bar as well, very relaxing (but don't sit there at 12 noon)

Anyway, I havent got the chance to try the gym, and the pool, you should if you have time!

3stars because of the gecko!

Room Tip: if you find any gecko, just call the staff to remove it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear hannywishnuardi,

Thank you so much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It's a great source of inspiration to receive feedback from our valued guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your very kind words

It gives us a great pleasure to hear that you found our hotel is clean, neat and tidy !! I do apologize for the small gecko which get into you room, I have spoke seriously with my pest control to more rigorous to prevent the lizard get into the hotel building ( we never kill it but we prevent and move it, as gecko is a good natural predator of mosquitos and insects). Swimming Pool area has become a favorite for our guests to enjoy a relaxing, even during the mid of the day, this area still feels shady with the fresh sea breeze come from the beach.

I will share your comments with our staff member. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

On behalf of the all Mercure Padang family, we thank you very much for your patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Your Sincerely,

sumedang
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

hotel with nice sea view and pool side with restaurant with cozy atmosphere. children may playing around the pool area without worries. It is not far away from the airport which could take about 15 minutes by taxi and the atmosphere of the hotel is not quite busy so it is a good place for family to spend holiday as it is also next to the muaro bungo the way to the island. Recommended hotel to stay during holiday in padang, west sumatera.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear niken c,

It gives us a great pleasure to hear that you found our hotel as a hotel with cozy atmosphere !! I will share your comments with our staff member. I am sure this feedback will serve as a encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was with my family in July 2013 and I stayed about 2 nights on the deluxe ocean view. The reason is the only hotel in Padang near by the ocean only 200 meters and I can walk with my family and the culture is quite friendly and the food on my breakfast is variety. I will be back around January 2014 to having holidays and I really want to go to some island.

Room Tip: Deluxe Ocean View and Higher Floor its 6th Floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Yanto B,

It gives us a great pleasure to hear that you found our hotel as a hotel with nice view and friendly people !! I will share your comments with our staff member. I am sure this feedback will serve as a encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.