Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Ibis Padang(Padang)
Daima Hotel(Padang)
View Hotel
All reviewsocean viewnice hotelpool sidepandanpadang beachsate padangbreakfast buffetrooms are spaciousbusiness tripother hotelsbest hotel in townwest sumaterawelcome drinksurf tripdeluxe roomnon smoking roommeeting room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Location
Located about 35-40 minutes from local airport if traffic is light. The city centre of Padang is close 10 min by taxi with the beach less than 200 metre walk from hotel. There is some very basic local style Cafe's and little metal hut type shops but the area outside is under developed- quite dirty with litter and stagnant water areas, cafe/bars are basic make shift and not what you would find in places more developed like Kuta. Overall a good enough location to wonder to the beach but its not the cleanest of areas. However most tourist leave for the local islands to do surfing etc.
Room
Room on 6th floor was fairly Miami style boutique and modern when comparing to other hotels staying in Indonesia. The decor is light and artistic, wooden floors and European bathroom design but spacious. The room included a small couch and straw table. There is a desk with a lamp that adjoin to a decent flat screen TV with an abundance of TV channels. The bed was very comfortable and soft. Bathroom included a large open walk-in shower with rain and separate shower heads (water though was not very warm )Amenities are very good all branded as Mercure and look very boutique. The room had a good amount of plugs, decent air con and lighting options.
Facilities
The hotels offers a square pool with a bar, that adjoins to buffet style restaurant (quality of food is fairly good including breakfast). There is also a gym, ballroom and spa with reasonably priced massage options but did not use. The WIFI included is only for one device so bear that in mind if you have various and unfortunately doesn't change throughout the hotel(as in open WIFI in public areas etc)- it is fairly quick when it works but drops out a lot requiring you to frustratingly keep logging in (so remember your login details). The hotel is very clean and modern.
Staff
Excellent staff at this hotel, typical of the high quality of service offered by Indonesians in all areas with sincere smiles and greetings. Check in was smooth as was check out. Restaurant staff were a little hard to understand (pronunciation) but were helpful and friendly.
Overall enjoyed this hotel and would stay again if I visit Padang again.

Room Tip: Don't throw away your Internet login details as Internet did drop alot requiring you to re-login.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear docdot,

Thank you so much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It's a great source of inspiration to receive feedback from our valued guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your very kind words

I really appreciate your comments regarding every aspect of your stay and It gives us a great pleasure to hear that you found us as a modern clean hotel with nice and cozy Miami style decoration in Padang !!

On behalf of the all Mercure Padang family, we thank you very much for your patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Travelled with husband for couple nights. This is our second visit and we decided to choose this hotel again.
Nothing much changes, friendly staaffs . Quick check-in and check- out process., comfy room with ocean view, great breakfast with local and western selections. You will have no reason to choose another hotel in Padang!
Great job for all team

*Try their javanesse SPA
* Watch sunset from poolside

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear agnesyan85,

First of All, please allow me to say thank you for your continual trust and confidence in our property, It was a great pleasure to meet you and your husband again. Also gives us a great pleasure to hear that you happy with our Ocean view room and also the quality of our food.

I really appreciate your comments regarding every aspect of your stay and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Mercure Padang in the not too distance future.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Had a lovely meal and night at the Padang mercure hotel in July this year for my granddaughters birthday
The service was excellent as usual and the facilities were equal to anything in Australia
Will definitely go there again
Thank you to the staff for making our family celebration so special !!

Room Tip: See the manager he will look after you and give you excellent service
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear sylvie605,

First of All, please allow me to say thank you for your continual trust and confidence in our property, It was a great pleasure to meet you and your happy family again.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night during a recent business trip & was sceptical till we arrived. Was pleasantly surprised with the fresh & new rooms and great location. Certainly a great business hotel with free wifi & quick checkout.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Rishen ,

Thank you so much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It gives us a great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and our hotel location !! I will share your comments with our staff member. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is my first time visit this hotel, When I entered the lobby area they greeted me well and escorted me to the reception. The check-in process was quick. So, I could enjoy my room after a long trip.The pool is a delight,great venue to watch sunset.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Rizal210,

My team and I are happy that you found us as a nice and convenience hotel and you loved to enjoy our swimming pool area !! I will share your comments with our staff member. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.