“Good business hotel in Padang”
Review of Mercure Padang

Mercure Padang
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Padang
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night during a recent business trip & was sceptical till we arrived. Was pleasantly surprised with the fresh & new rooms and great location. Certainly a great business hotel with free wifi & quick checkout.

• Stayed: July 2013
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Rishen ,

Thank you so much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It gives us a great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and our hotel location !! I will share your comments with our staff member. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

On behalf of the all Mercure Padang family, we thank you very much for your patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is my first time visit this hotel, When I entered the lobby area they greeted me well and escorted me to the reception. The check-in process was quick. So, I could enjoy my room after a long trip.The pool is a delight,great venue to watch sunset.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Rizal210,

My team and I are happy that you found us as a nice and convenience hotel and you loved to enjoy our swimming pool area !! I will share your comments with our staff member. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I am so excited in my second visit to this beautiful hotel. When I entered, the staff greet me politely. They gave non - smoking deluxe room as per my request. The check-in process was quick. So, I could enjoy my room after a long trip.

One thing that I could not forget from this place is their poolside area. It still like it used to be. Clean, cozy, quiet and very romantic with candle light and live music performance at night.
I can't believe that I am in Padang. Thumbs up!!!Thumbs up!!! Thumbs up!!

Very recomended hotel in town!!

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean view are very recomended to watch both sunrise and sunset from one place.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear AdeAngkasa,

First of All, please allow me to say thank you for your continual trust and confidence in our property, It was a great pleasure to meet you and your happy family again.

I really appreciate your comments regarding every aspect of your stay and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Mercure Padang in the not too distance future.

Mercure Padang

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Built among the local houses along the river, the hotel in a relatively new landmark, very comfortable and convenient for 1st time visitor. The pool is a delight,great venue to watch sunset. Restaurant service wasn't desirable-upon checking-in abt 3pm, we are starving from the long drive from Harau Valley,during Puasa. The staff was preparing the buffet Ramdhan setup that none actually approach us after 10min seated, end up I walk up towards 1 of the guy wearing wireless headphone & he had to call 1 service staff from within,which took another 3min. Food was alright. Most choices during Breakfast suit Asian tastebud pretty well, my favourite is the pancake,waffle,dimsum &egg preparation station! except the papaya&pineapple is not sweet, the lady staff stood motionless in a corner although our coffee needs refilling. The F/O is always friendly and informative, we purchased some shirts from the giftshop, great value product.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank THAM38

Dear THAM38,

Thank you so much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It gives us a great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our Hotel design and facilities also the quality of our breakfast.

On behalf of the all Mercure Padang team, we thank you very much for your patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

After a very long flight from Sydney, we arrived local time 11.30pm (Sydney time 2.30am) to find that we had no booking.
We booked through Atoll Travel a surf company in Victoria.
The front desk staff were not accommodating, even though we had the voucher from the booking agent, we were not alone, another guy was booked in by the same company. The front desk finally found 1 room, and they wanted us to share. The other guy decided to sleep in the foyer on the lounge until amazingly they found him a room an hour later.
We had to actually make a booking and hand over our credit card. To say we were not impressed with the service was an understatement. We finally checked in, the saving grace was that the bed was probably the most comfortable I had slept in for some time. After a very nice breakfast the next morning all was sorted out by our travel agent and we continued on our way to Macaroni Resort

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Surfsydney,

It gives us a great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our quality of bed and the quality of our breakfast. We regret the check in process fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with your room reservation.

Sometimes we receive late email booking confirmation from travel agent and it caused the check-in process to be slow. We are relentlessly looking for ways to serve our guests better and continuing to renew our service and we really appreciate your feedback which we will use to improve our service delivery.

We hope that you will provide us with another opportunity in your future travels to Padang.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We spent one night in this hotel, actually this hotel in a not far from the main street, so you can walk 5 minutes from the main street and one hour from the minangkabau airport by car. They have a nice beach view and in the night they set candles around the pool area is feel so nice and romantic so you have to choose room with a pool view.

Room Tip: choose pool view room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ematyro
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear ematyro,

Thank you so much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It's a great source of inspiration to receive feedback from our valued guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your very kind words .

My team and I are happy that you loved romantic atmosphere at the swimming pool area in the evening !! I will share your comments with our staff member. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Ibu, on behalf of the all Mercure Padang team, once again, we thank you very much for your patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We travelled to Padang on June 24, 2013 in a big group of family with 20 persons. Since this is the first time of our visit to Padang, we chose Mercure Hotel after reviewing several hotels. Upon our arrival at the hotel, we were convinced that this is the right hotel. Our rooms are big and clean with a big window view direct at the sea. Wouw..... I must say that it is very good. The staff are very friendly and breakfast is excellent. Many choices of local food as well as western, all are with great taste. Check in process is fast. We highly recommend this hotel to tourist as well as business traveller or traveller with family. Two thumbs up !!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hartini T

Dear Hartini T,

My team and I are happy that you found us as a very good hotel and you loved our breakfast and staff friendliness !! I will share your comments with our staff member. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.