“Nice View, Great Breakfast, Very Recomended hotel in Padang” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Padang

Mercure Padang
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Padang
Palangkaraya, Indonesia
“Nice View, Great Breakfast, Very Recomended hotel in Padang”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was there for business. I stayed in deluxe room with sea view. I suggest you to wake up early in the morning, watch the sun rises with a cup of coffee. Perfect!

And never missed your breakfast in Atlantis Restaurant. Poolside view, various menus and welcoming smile from the staff will makes you feels comfort.

Well, There is no reason to choose another hotel but Mercure Padang. Very Recomended hotel in this city!!

2 Thank Roni S
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Roni S,

Thank you so much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It's a great source of inspiration and assistance to receive feedback from our valued guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words

My team and I are happy that you found us as a recommended hotel in Padang !! We are very pleased to inform that if the weather clear and not cloudy, sunrise will look very beautiful like a shining gold in the morning and the sunset will look very fantastic like a orange silk spread covered the sky in the early evening, and all of this can be enjoyed from the swimming pool area.

On behalf of the entire Mercure Padang team, we thank you very much for your patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Your Sincerely,

gm@mercurepadang.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Indonesian first
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

En route to a surfing holiday in the Mentawais, I stopped in Padang to do a bit of consulting. Mercure is sharp, trendy and the perfect place to do business with a view of the ocean and beautiful Sumatran sunsets. Friendly staff, decent breakfast bar and a nice poolside courtyard.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking room with an ocean view.
1 Thank Gordon808
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Gordon808,

Firs of All, I would like to say thank you for taking the time to give us the review following your stay at Mercure Padang. It's a great source of inspiration to receive feedback from our valued guests, and we do appreciate you to share your kind words

It was a big pleasure to read that you found Mercure Padang as a sharp, trendy and the perfect place to do business. I will share your comments with our staff member. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for your generous remarks, for your next visit please don’t hesitate to contact me directly, I look forward to welcoming you back at Mercure Padang

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and modern hotel with a view to the sea. Rooms are very clean and the staff is friendly. Fast WiFi is included in the room price. Gym is small but well-equipped and with a look to the pool area. Good standard for provincial Indonesia.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kai S
Dear Kai S

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experiences at Mercure Padang on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and have found us as a reliable choice modern hotel with clean room and friendly staff’s .

we are striving with a relatively new management team to lift the guest experience and journey through a process called optimum service.

Do feel free to let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Kai S, once again thank you very much for your patronage and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Mercure Padang
Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

It was a good experience staying at the Mercure Padang. I stayed there only for a night. The room is nice, clean, spacious with a very good room rate. Breakfast is also good with some nice local foods.

I was lucky that my room was facing the beach.. Nice view..

The swimming pool looks good, tho I had no chance to swim, gym is also available.

Definitely recommended to stay there...!

1 Thank Sugai
Dear Sugai,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experiences with Mercure Padang on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your positive feedback regarding nice clean room and good breakfast .

It is through constructive feedback such as from you that each and everyone of our team will personally and professionally gains valuable insights and experiences in our endeavors to enhance guests’ satisfaction and loyalty.

Once again thank you, and I hope for your for your next stay you will have time to enjoy our services at Gym and swimming pool area. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly, I hope your next visit will be more pleasant than the previous one.

Looking forward to welcoming you again

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

The room is large, clean and spacious. Located near the Padang beach. Very new feel to the hotel. For usd50 a night, it was value for money. Wifi in rooms were adequate. If I do come back to Padang, I will stay here.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear danielchansm,

My team and I are happy that our services have delighted you !!

Padang, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I visited this hotel view days ago for pleasure. It was a good hotel with good food, they have a very special pizza called pizza rendang. The staff were very friendly. Overall, I fall in love with this hotel and i will return again when i visited this city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patrick S
Dear Patrick S,

Thank you very much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It's a great source of inspiration to receive feedback from our valued guests, and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words

My team and I are happy that our services have delighted you and your family !!

Your Sincerely,

General manager
singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Let's put this in perspective... this is not a major , first tier city even by developing world standards. Once you get that out of the way, you can figure that by Padang standards this hotel is not too bad.

The service is usually friendly, if the staff are not too busy to attend to you (which they are sometimes - leaving you waiting). You can see the GM making his rounds even in the evening , so you know the management really tries.

The more annoying issue is that the staff are not adequately trained to provide information about local destinations of interest.

They could only print out pages from their website, which was already running as a display in our room ... and the scan information only in local bahasa. We had little advice of what we could do in Padang.

The staff at the poolside restaurant are really friend and helpful. They were attentive to our needs, and our most enjoyable times in Padang were there in the evenings. It had a lovely sea breeze blowing through most of the day, and lovely sunsets.

Except the coffee and tea standards are dreadful... however, after visiting other hotels in Padang I realised that there seems to be a preference for extremely watery and milky teas and coffees in Padang.

We had planned to spend our weekend by the poolside. However, the water didn't look particularly clean. In the end, we didn't spend any time there lounging. ... there were no deck chairs, so no comfortable places to lie down for an afternoon to read a book.

On weekend evenings, a lot of local families also dominate the poolside as many locals have signed up for pool memberships. It wasn't really conducive for us tourists to relax by the poolside in peace.

I can't figure why there were no deck chairs?? Only poolside tables/chairs, and a few 'sofas'.

The room was also a bit disappointing. Despite how new the hotel was, there were already cigarette burns on the counter top in the bathroom and the room smelled of smoke even though it was non-smoking.

The housekeeping was also a bit hit and miss... sometimes forgetting to provide enough replacement linens or other things.

We visited the spa once. The massage was ok, but my masseuse tried to cheat on timing but massaging me only 60 of my 90min masage... and got told off by my wife.

The only thing of greater annoyance is the taxi system in Padang. You have to bargain with the drivers everywhere and it gets tiresome.

We even had contradictions between what the hotel recept told us a taxi fare would be, and then the doorman siding with the taxi driver that a "higher" charge was normal. For that reason it was a relief just to pay more and ride the hotel limo to the airport on departure. No more haggling.

Generally, I would say the Mercure was ok or good by Padang standards.

I think the bigger issue is whether I would visit Padang again - that I'm not so sure. By my usually laid-back standards, this town is truly underdeveloped ... there are no major buildings to visit ... the street paving is often broken, rubbish is everwhere..

Padang food is not as spectacular as I was led to believe...

I hear the offshore islands are quiet and undeveloped, also meaning there is not infrastructure in place yet.

p/s this hotel is near the beach, but the beach is crowded and dirty ... and with no running water there, I'm not sure you'd want to eat at the restaurants by the beach. By this token, the hotel is a good 45min walk into town ... and if you get lost as we did, not many locals speak anything more than bahasa.

Room Tip: Pay for the better deluxe rooms which have a sea view, rather than the cheapest rooms. Most of you t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Keltzar,

Thank you for passion on your comments on Trip Advisor and thank you so much for staying with Mercure Padang. It's a great source of inspiration and assistance to receive a constructive feedback from our valued guests and I am sure this comments will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services

My team and I are happy that you have enjoyed your evening time at Mercure Padang with sea breeze, lovely sunset and attentive service from our staff.

In other part I have taken note your displeasure with some of our services as like information about local destination interest, forgetting to provide enough replacement and room smelled of cigarette smoke, no deck chair at the swimming pool area. I was quite disappointed to hear about it and for that, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Regarding your comment about cleanliness of Padang Town and Padang Beach In this opportunity I would like convey that it has become a serious concern of Tourism board and Government of Padang city, and some definite steps are currently being conducted in order to maintain and improve cleanliness of those areas.

We would also delighted to inform that Blue Bird, a big national taxi company which based in Jakarta, will operate in the beginning of July in Padang. This company is well-known for their honesty and excellent service. I believe that all government efforts will improve cleanliness and public service in Padang city.

Keltzar, once again thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. For your next stay please don't hesitate to contact me directly and we hope your next visit will be more pleasant than the previous one.