“Relatively new hotel in developing city”
Review of Mercure Padang

Mercure Padang
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Padang
Shoalhaven, Australia
“Relatively new hotel in developing city”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The hotel and it's staff are great. If you want a non-smoking room, be sure to let the hotel staff know in writing in advance of your stay. Unreal proximity to port area if heading to Mentawai Islands for surfing trips.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank LyndonWhite
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear LyndonWhite,

thank you so much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It's a great source of inspiration and assistance to receive feedback from our valued guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words

My team and I are happy that you found the hotel and the staff are great!!.

I will share your comments with our staff member. As the first choice transit hotel for professional surfers before they going to Mentawai island, we must strive to continue to improve the quality of our services. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team

LyndonWhite, once again thank you, for your next stay please don’t hesitate to contact me directly, we hope your next visit will be more pleasant as the previous one. Looking forward to welcoming you again

gm@mercurepadang.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed April 19, 2013

stayed here for business trips 2 nights.
the breakfast buffeet is Good, provides local signature dishes like rendang, a nice touch.
they provide a good gym, above most mercure gym, 2 treadmills, complete dumbell set, RPM bikes..so..it is very propper.
the swimming pool is not bad, with infinity pool desing (too bad it faces street), not really big but enough for bit of exercise or relax.

the restaurang plays nice soft music, hang out by the pool with the nice chairs and sofas (hope they can maintain the higiene and clealiness)

the spa is OK, dont have a rip off place even though not cheap also

a walking distanve to seaside (not a beach) got lots of local hawker there, not far from a row of seafood restaurant...can try "Fuza" restaurant

internet sucks...best spot is here (in front of restaurant) please fix ur WIFI coverage, it sucks cant get it in d room nor lobby....

the ballroom is big enough to hold a proper meeting to 100 participant i guess

Room Tip: make sure if you dont want the no smoking room, check the room, dont hesitate to ask to change room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tonylimz,

My team and I are happy that you found us as a very nice hotel with good service and nice facilities !!.

Tonylimz, once again thank you, for your next stay please don’t hesitate to contact me directly, we hope your next visit will be more pleasant as the previous one. Looking forward to welcoming you again

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Check in to the hotel (24th March) sometime in late afternoon around 4pm, as we are coming from Bukittinggi (BKTGI).
Front desk staffs, Adil & Rina are friendly. Glad that we make the right choice as we like the hotel décor & its environment. Didn’t choose Basko Premier as it located at the main road & can be quite noisy.
Breakfast had good choice of varieties.
We were given Room 526 on the 5th floor, which is located on higher ground with ocean view and a nice view of sunset.
Read about TA comments on the nice swimming pool with ocean-looking view and decided to try it out. But sad enough to say, the pool water is very murky & dirty and we hope that something can be done to rectify this immediately (in fact, when we look down the pool side from 5th level, the murky “greenish” water caught my eyes instantly). Since the majority of swimmers (could be outsiders as the pool is open to public) do not wear proper swimsuit, this could have contributed partly to the above.
Another point to highlight whereby some mischievous local kids were playing/throwing stones (greenish decorative colour stones at the poolside) in the adult pool, which could be very “harmful” to the swimmers. At one point, we saw the kids throwing the stones to the houses bordering the hotel below and immediately the house owners was “cursing” at the swimmers.
Perhaps such decorative stones should be kept away for the safety of the swimmers before any untoward incidents forthcoming.
Though there isn’t any shopping mall in the vicinity, there are plenty of seafood choices located just outside the hotel, by the beach road area. we are thankful to our Driver (from BKTGI) who had recommended us this seafood stall named ”Rumah Makan FUJA” at Jln.Samudra (less than 10min walk from hotel). The seafood is tasty and reasonably priced. For one red fish, one big tiger prawn, and one portion of squids (5 sticks), rice & coconut drinks, it cost us less than IDR175,000. The only setback is that this restaurant has no air-cond but it is packed with the locals.
Overall, we had a wonderful stay, even though it is just one night, and would stay here again if we ever come here again.

Room Tip: choose room with Ocean View for sunset view, higher floor.
1 Thank christong8
Dear kristopherKL,

My team and I are happy that you found us as nice decor & cozy environment hotel. Thank you for your comment regarding greenish water in the swimming pool during that high seasons period. Please rest assure that immediate steps have been taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Once again thank you, for your next stay please don't hesitate to contact me directly, we hope your next visit will be more pleasant as the previous one. Looking forward to welcoming you again

Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is our first time travel to padang,we are from bandung,when we arived to this hotel,the lobby is quite crowded many children play around he lobby, but the staff kèep wellcome.
The lobby is very nice, when we come to the room,wow the room is very nice with beautiful view with beach view and padang mountain. Our children very like the pool face with the beach,and friendly staff at dinner time the staff is very wellcome with smile and very helpfull,and rendang pizza oôoooh very2 delicious creative chef create this one. You should try this one
We really enjoy our breakfast time at mercure padang many choice of food,traditional food and the waiter very friendly and helpfull
Tree day stay at mercure feel like home, keep spirit ........ for mercure padang
I recomended to all my friend if you travel to padang don't forget to stay at mercure padang
Pokoknamah mercure padang meni hebring......:-)

2 Thank Ramon1967
Dear Ramon1967,

thank you so much for posting this review on Tripadvisor. It's a great source of inspiration and assistance to receive feedback from our valued guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words

My team and I are happy that you had a great week end at Mercure Padang and you are willing to recommend to all of your friend to stay at Mercure Padang. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Once again thank you, for your next stay please don’t hesitate to contact me directly, we hope your next visit will be more pleasant as the previous one. Looking forward to welcoming you again

Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I truly recommend this hotel for any of you who wanted to spend your days on Padang. Located quite near to the heart of city, this is prolly the best choice. Aside from they are apart of accor group chain hotels, i also found that their standard was really good. Service was great, and the staff reply your answer or request with such speed and politely as well.

2 Thank Stephanie W
Dear Stephanie W,

My team and I are happy you found us as worth to stay hotel. I will share your comments with our staff member. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular business traveler to padang, i usually travel once or twice a month.. And This is my 2nd stay at the mercure padang.. My first experience staying at mercure padang was quite ok.. Nice newly built hotel located right at the padang beach.. My 2nd experience was with my family, i already booked 5 room in advance to stay on march 29 to march 31. But when i arrived at the hotel at 4 PM they said that we have to wait because the rooms are not ready yet.. We have to wait like an hour until the receptionist called us and said he was sorry beacuse some guests are checked out late so guests who is going to check in and already booked in advance and just arrived from a long exhausting trip will have to wait like 1 HOUR to get the room.. This is really dissappointing!! I was almost leave the hotel to other hotel because i was travelling with my 2 toddlers, and they are exhausted and hungry.

When we finally enter the room, there was a plate of welcome cake and fruits on the table. The looks of the cake and fruits are not tempting so we wasnt touching it. But then an hour later a hotel staff came asking saying that the cake supposed to be for other room and they want to take it back.
I just slam the door right on his face and when i came to the door he wasnt there, so i just left that stupid cake in front of the door..

The other thing, when my wife asked for extra towel, the housekeeping staff wouldnt give it to us because he said that only 2 towels allowed for 1 room.. Whatt?? I quite often stay at 4 or 5 star hotels before and never got this kind of attitude before..

The hotel is just good from the outside/appearance... The service is just inappropriate for 4 star hotel.. For sure this would be my last stay at mercure hotel padang.. There are other 4 and 5 star hotels with good and appropriate service at Padang!

Really hope the management will follow up this service issue, because phisically this is a nice hotel...

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank AVDRamschie
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear AVDRamschie,

First Of all I would like to say thank you thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Padang. I was quite disappointed to hear that you unhappy with our responds and services and for that, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We are delighted to inform that number of people who are allowed to stay in a room are 2 adults, 2 children up to 12 years are free when using existing bedding and amenities. Nevertheless at Mercure Padang we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures and immediate steps have been taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Your Sincerely,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a real 4 starred hotel, they have a nice service right from the hotel entrance until you leave the hotel. Smiles are everywhere. Hotel layouts and appereances are also a part of a good hotel score, a modern minimalist design on a good materials, real nice combinations. Rooms are really cozy, nice coloring, nice appliances and bedding, made me and my family had a good sleep. Foods are also well cooked, it tastes enough for a hotel food.

Congrats for mercure padang management, you made a good memories during my stay in Padang

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MasMarjana
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear MasMarjana,

Thank you so much for passion on your comments on Trip Advisor and for staying with us at Mercure Padang. It's a great source of inspiration and assistance to receive feedback from our valued guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words

We are glad to hear you found us to be a real four stared hotel in Padang ! I will share your comments with our staff member. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

MasMarjana , once again thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and for your next stay please don't hesitate to contact me directly and we hope your next visit will be more pleasant as the previous one.