“The Best Option In Padang”
Review of Mercure Padang

Mercure Padang
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Padang
Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was my first visit to Padang I was recommended to stay at Mercure, as the best hotel in city (what I heard from my friends in Padang branch office). Well, I agree with them. The hotel is brand new and it has a beautiful and spacious swimming pool, a really nice one!

The room was very nice, bright, modern and was dominated with purple color, giving it a very relaxing touch with all you need for a comfortable stay. And the mattress was very comfortable, made sleep like a baby. Complimentary internet is available in the reception and lounge area and also they provide 3 unit of computer which are can use free by guest, very helpful for us.

One restaurant and all day open bar next to swimming pool, I used both and the food and service was good. If you stay over a weekend then be prepared for a noisy and chaotic couple of days as the hotel pool draws families in for a weekend break for the kids. Lots of splashing and screaming but all in good fun. Weekdays return to a "normal" business type atmosphere.

In summary, if you are in the area then stay at the Mercure as it is the best option. The trip from the airport is about 45 minutes but is worth the journey.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank dinam180
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear dinam180,

Thank you so much for passion on your comments on Trip Advisor and for staying with us. It's a great source of inspiration and assistance to receive feedback from our valued guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words

We are glad to hear you found us to be a best hotel option in Padang ! I will share your comments with our team. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and for your next stay please don't hesitate to contact me directly and we hope your next visit will be more pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went there juz a few days ago.
The hotel was definitely awesome,clean,great service,clean pools but however e location was sucha a great disappointment.
Tho its near to e beach,but its not advisable to chill or swim there.
Dirty beach there...

• Stayed: January 2013
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Gerbri,

Thank you so much for passion on your comments on Trip Advisor and thank you so much for staying with us. It's a great source of inspiration and assistance to receive positive feedback from our valued guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words

I have taken note your displeasure with dirty beaches in Padang. In this opportunity I would like convey that it has become a serious concern of Tourism board and Government in Padang and some definite steps are currently being conducted in order to maintain and improve cleanliness of Padang beach

In other part, we are very glad to hear you found us as nice awesome and clean hotel in Padang !! I will share your comments with our team. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Gerbri, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and for your next stay please don't hesitate to contact me directly and we hope your next visit will be more pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Enjoyed a beautiful day in the mercure in Padang with my grand kids and daughter in law
Very modern and so clean
The pool was out of this world children's small pool very shallow and an adult one with views of the coast
Staff were cleaning it when we arrived so good indication of hygiene
Had a delicious lunch
Soup with fresh seafood cooked at the table on gas pot
Service excellent coffee good ask for extra milk as Indonesians tend to serve their coffee
all the staff we spoke to we're fluent in English
Great experience will go there again on my last day
Swim only cost $7 oz dollars for adults and $6 for kids
Towels provided
Lunch so cheap pot for 2 people could easily have fed 4 only $10 oz dollars
Not crowded go during the week no one there
Locals can use the hotel pools in Padang for a small fee
Good idea for locals and money maker for the hotels

Room Tip: Did not stay there but my daughter in law says goprovided and has friends that have stayed there bef...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear sylvie605,

Thank you so much for passion on your comments on Trip Advisor and thank you so much for staying with us. It's a great source of inspiration and assistance to receive feedback from our valued guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words

We are glad to hear you found us to be an oasis on a hot steamy day in Padang ! I will share your comments with our team. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is on the ourskirts of Padang and itself very pleasant. The staff is very friendly they try very hard to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Breakfast is really good, good choice between local and western food. The local food in the restaurant is good, but of course more expensive than in town. The iced lemon tea is fantastic, we got addicted to it. The rooms are clean and a good size. We booked two rooms, one with seaview and one without, this wasn't really worth the money as both had seaview. The room without seaview still had some seaview and you also saw the city and the mountains in the background. If you don't mid swimmig beween rubish you can swim from the beach in Padang, if you prefer to have a clean beach - good luck, we haven't found one. The website states that the room accommodates 2 adults and 2 children, but you can't book this. The rooms are only for 2 pers., this was a bit anoying the website should just be changed. We emailed the hotel directly to ask about this but never got a reply, had to phone accor helpline. When arriving we were told it was a smoking room, which we didn't want. We ended up in two smoking rooms, but I couldn't smell any nicotin smell lingering, so didn't bother us in the end. This must be a indonesian thing, smoking is far less restricted.
Padang itself is not a pleasant city, so the surrounding area of the hotel is not very nice but that applies to most of the hotels I would say.
To summerise it, I wouldn't recommend to go to Padang for a holiday, but if you have to stay in Padang the Mercure Padang is a very good choice.

Room Tip: I wouldn't go for a room with pool view, as you don't see anything else as the pool and othe...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Gerbri,

I have taken note your displeasure with website booking as you could not able to book rooms to accommodate 2 adult and 2 children, in this opportunity I would like to suggest you for the next booking you may book through accorhotels.com or mercure.com, this websites provides more suitable choice for guests needs.

In other part, we are very glad to hear your recommendation that Mercure is a good choice accommodation to stay in Padang !! I will share your comments with our team. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

this is my first time to stay at this hotel. first impression is that this is a good hotel if you compare to the other hotel in the city. located at a beachfront, you can enjoy the beach view and mountain view at the same time. but if you need transportation, it quite hard to find it.
front officer is very helpful and warm, even tough i checked in at 11 pm.
the room is spacious and a lot of amenities ready to use.
breakfast is OK with a lot of food choice and check out process is very fast.
i like this hotel but the minus thing is breakfast staff is not so helpful.
after all still this is the best hotel at padang.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. gondel g,

We are glad to hear you found us to be the best hotel in the city ! I will share your comments with our team. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

the highlight of this hotel is the swimming pool. It's nice and offers lovely view over the coast. There is also a well equipped Gym. The rooms are spacious, very comfortable bed and sleep quality is excellent. The bathroom have glass wall to the bed side.

The reception staff are helpful, on first night of my stay I was put in a smoking room because there was no non-smoking available. But on the next day they immediately move my room to non smoking room and the reception staff ask their apologize many times in very polite manner.

There is a nice restaurant terrace for an evening drink, Best bet is a beer, as there are happy hour promo Buy 2, pay only 1

Free WiFi, but bandwidth varies, at times reasonable but sometime the speed is very low.

This is a no-frills hotel, but well above average for a 4 star hotel.

Stayed On January 04, 2013. Traveled on business

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank agnesyan85

Dear agnesyan85

We are glad to hear you found us to be an well above average 4 stars hotel ! I will share your comments with our team. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Mercure Hotel has very pleasant.... The swimming is so cool, the service and the internet connection is good. No hassle with services.. The breakfast served as well is pretty good. Totally recommended and affordable!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wilson W
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Wilson W,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Mercure Padang during your recent visit to Padang, West Sumatra, and for sharing your comments with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests

Wilson W, once again, thank you for sharing your experience. For your next stay please don't hesitate to contact me directly and we hope your next visit will be more pleasant as the previous one.

Your Sincerely,