“Good value for money”
Review of Mercure Padang

Mercure Padang
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Padang
Reviewed July 30, 2012

It was my first stay at the hotel with my family. I booked the room couple of weeks prior to our stay at the hotel through the Accor's website. I stayed in room 618 and in general the room is spacious, tranquil and clean, the beach view is great...just loved it.

Got late for dinner at Restaurant, but welcomed well by the friendly restaurant staffs. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful , Very good value and will recommend to all of our family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank deva b
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Mr. Deva B,

Mr. Deva, once again, thank you for sharing your experience. For your next stay please don't hesitate to contact me directly and we hope your next visit will be more pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We found this hotel to be great value for money, in a great location and the staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. Wont hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Rani101

Dear Ms. Rani101,

Ms. Rani, once again, thank you for sharing your experience. We hope your next visit will be more pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We arrived in Padang late at night, and had arranged a very welcomed airport pick-up. The whole Mercure team was great helping us out in organising our ongoing trip.

The hotel is brand new, beautiful and immense lobby, nice outdoors pool with the sea just a few meters away.

Certainly the best place to stay in Padang !

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank CarolineD1
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Ms.Caroline D1,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Mercure Padang. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Ms. Caroline, once again thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I recommend this hotel for business trip or family holiday. They have nice and modern room, cool aircon, nice bed with clean sheet, international tv channel, sweet amenities.. All at 4 star standard. No wonder prominent Indonesia Airline Garuda use this hotel for their crew.
I like their pool and gym as well.

But what I like most is their Ocean View. You can see sunset from your room, or when swimming at pool. Kids will love this. Alternatively you may choose mountain view, it also nice. I had a change to enter two suite rooms but strangely both suites provide the worst scenery.

Breakfast is nice, provide both local and international selection but nothing special.

Overall, it was a nice and pleasant stay. I'll be happy to recommend this hotel.

Minus point:
- Although crime rate in Padang is very low, but the surrounding environment is very dark after sunset. I saw local people walking using a flashlight cause there's no streetlamp.
- My room at 536 looks like not a ready room. Toilet was leaking, and they suppose to put a door at shower area.
- Wifi internet is very weak at room, while modem signal for Indosat and Telkomsel is not sufficient.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank kputra
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Mr. K Putra,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Padang. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests as like you.

Mr. K Putra, Again,thank you for sharing your experience. I have approach to the local authority for the instalation of Street lamp on the road leading to Hotel Mercure Padang. I wish it will get a positive respond from the authority soon. We look forward to welcoming you back and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

It is a newly opened Mercure property overlooking the padang beach. But the area is quite dark and feels like in unfiendly neighborhood, thus you need a car or taxi to go around at night time. The room was really nice, modern looks typical Mercure rooms.. White 32'Lcd TV and other soft colour makes the room ambiance modern sleek but also soothing.
Didnt have the chance to experience the breakfast buffet due to have to go out very early in the morning for work activity.

Definitely will come back if visiting padang again in the future, and will recommend this hotel to couples, bussines and family

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank AVDRamschie

Dear Mr. AVD Ramschie,

Mr. Ramschie, Again,thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

New hotel in Padang, clean since its new, and typical to mercure rooms. the swimming pool is nice although a bit crowded. the staffs are friendly. and its located near padang beach, just dont imagine the beach similar as kuta beach.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dwarisanti

Dear Ms. Dwari Santi,

Ms. Dwari santi, Again, thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you again and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Lovely clean rooms, typical Mercure standard. Staff very friendly to us. We arrived on Christmas Eve and were greeted with all staff in Santa hats (this was a nice touch given that there was not much Christmas spirit in Padang in general). We did have a few difficulties with paying with some of our VISA/debit cards however luckily we had others that managed to work, then when we went to check out the ones that worked initially worked didn't and we had to use our first preference ones - just a little strange. Pool was nice although we didn't swim in it. Unfortunately the gym was under renovation while we were there so we were unable to use that as well. We ate at the restaurant a couple of times and were always happy with our meals. Overall it was a nice hotel and I would stay here again if I return to Padang.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cara P

Dear Ms. Cara

Mrs. Cara, Again, thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you again all of my staff still remember you :-) and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.