“New hotel in Padang”

Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Padang
Jakarta, Indonesia
“New hotel in Padang”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

It is a newly opened Mercure property overlooking the padang beach. But the area is quite dark and feels like in unfiendly neighborhood, thus you need a car or taxi to go around at night time. The room was really nice, modern looks typical Mercure rooms.. White 32'Lcd TV and other soft colour makes the room ambiance modern sleek but also soothing.
Didnt have the chance to experience the breakfast buffet due to have to go out very early in the morning for work activity.

Definitely will come back if visiting padang again in the future, and will recommend this hotel to couples, bussines and family

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank AVDRamschie
Dodit N, General Manager at Mercure Padang, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Mr. AVD Ramschie,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Padang. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests as like you.

Mr. Ramschie, Again,thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Dodit Hapsoro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Indonesian first
jakarta
Reviewed May 10, 2012

New hotel in Padang, clean since its new, and typical to mercure rooms. the swimming pool is nice although a bit crowded. the staffs are friendly. and its located near padang beach, just dont imagine the beach similar as kuta beach.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dwarisanti
Dear Ms. Dwari Santi,

Ms. Dwari santi, Again, thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you again and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Lovely clean rooms, typical Mercure standard. Staff very friendly to us. We arrived on Christmas Eve and were greeted with all staff in Santa hats (this was a nice touch given that there was not much Christmas spirit in Padang in general). We did have a few difficulties with paying with some of our VISA/debit cards however luckily we had others that managed to work, then when we went to check out the ones that worked initially worked didn't and we had to use our first preference ones - just a little strange. Pool was nice although we didn't swim in it. Unfortunately the gym was under renovation while we were there so we were unable to use that as well. We ate at the restaurant a couple of times and were always happy with our meals. Overall it was a nice hotel and I would stay here again if I return to Padang.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cara P
Dear Ms. Cara

Mrs. Cara, Again, thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you again all of my staff still remember you :-) and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Unforgettable moment staying in MERCURE PADANG...

I stayed with my husband for a week spending our quality time. The view from pool side was excellent. I like the foods is very tasty. My husband really enjoy the variations of breakfast buffet. All of staff in the Atlantis restaurant is very friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank futi832
Dear Mrs. Futi,

Mrs. Futi, Again,thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you again and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Jakarta
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I stayed in this Hotel in early March 2012. The hotel is quite nice, clean and minimalist. But the service is very poor especially when dealing with reception and their Sales/Marketing. When I registered I left message and business card with reception that I want to meet with their Sales person to negotiate for long term stay. After 2 hour waiting in my room, they didn't get back to me so I called operator and found out that the intended Sales is on leave and referred me to talk with other person. So the operator directed me to the reception and I have to explain from the beginning again on my intention and made appointment to meet the second Sale person at 4. At 4 pm I went down to meet the reception whom I checked in earlier and he already forgot whom and what my intention was. So I have to explain to him again on the purpose. The reception asked me to sit down and wait, after 15 - 20 minutes, no one is attending me so I went to reception again and said that the second sales is having a briefing but will finish soon (Shouldn't I be informed earlier), so I wait again practically putting my upset face in front of the reception. Then she walked, Sales called Cinda, and I explained my intention to have a special deal for around 400 room night during May- Mid August. She promised to discuss with her superior and come back to me today after 10 am. At 11 am, I called and found out that she went out for Sales meeting and left her colleague no message.... ???? What happen to Customer Service here...? Honestly, this is my fisrt time where the Sales is not really interested to do business... It's a weird concept in this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick deluxe which has ocean view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jahjasurya
Dear Mr. Jahja Surya,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Padang. I was quite disappointed to hear that you unhappy with respond and services from my Sales and reception team, and for that, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure Padang, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures and immediate steps have been taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Mr. Jahja Surya, We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

General manager