O my second trip to Padang, I decided to try the Basko for its location, as well as the look from the photos.
its not a bad hotel, but suffers from most things not quite working right, both fittings and staff, for instance:
- despite some of the toilet comments, they do work, they just don't flush particularly well,
- room doors lock, but security chains don't fasten,
-safes work, but are not fastened to anything,
- staff are generally very friendly, but rarely have any idea of what they are supposed to do.
The food is average, but is generally reliable. The beef randang is excellent, which you would expect in Padang. Breakfast isn't particularly inspiring, but nothing particularly wrong.
My biggest issue would be the overpriced and highly dissapointing spa. Just avoid it, its not what you expect in a so-called 5 star hotel, more a back street.
The hotel proximity to the mall means a couple of cheap dining options and a good quality coffee/donut shop. This expands the options remarkably.
One real positive is the lavk of smell outside the hotel. Having stayed and conferenced in other Padang hotels, the Basko is in a relatively clean and smell free location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier Basko Hotel Padang. The First And Only One Five-Stars Hotel in Padang, West Sumatera. The Hotel is situated in a prime location adjacent to a shopping mall and numeruos restaurants as well as major tourist attractions and cultural centers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Premier Basko Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Basko Hotel Padang