““One of the best in Medan””

Four Points by Sheraton Medan
Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Medan
Medan, Indonesia
““One of the best in Medan””
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, and everything was perfect (location, value, room, service, etc.). Highly recommend it.

Rooms are beautifully designed. Very modern and luxurious. Buffet breakfast was also a treat, with a range and variety of food served. The design of the restaurant was fit for a king, although the furniture were too close to one another.

The lifts were a nice, cozy and there were a sufficient number of lifts available.

Staff were friendly and polite.

It was a good experience at Grand Elite Hotel Medan, and I will surely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Bonsita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My first time stay here and the hotel is very nice. Interior in public area is awesome as well as in the room. Free wifi and good connection, room clean, breakfast is nice with a variety meal provided. I am asking for non smoking and yes the room does not have any smoking odors at all. Staffs are nice also. Wish my next trip here will be in the same elite services..

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank merry c
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

When i come i feel comfort. Decoration is very simple but elegance. Taste of foods is hmmmm....mammamia , taste of bakery is little bit sweet but nice. The location is not to far from Brastagi Supermarket [bigest supermarket in Medan...i think], but the service is very average. To slow.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Fnras
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I did not regret at all staying at this hotel. The service was excellent, all the staff are courteous and helpful. The room is nice and spacious, with very nice interior decorations. Even the corridor has nice interior. The bathroom is clean and spacious with separate shower room. Bed quality was also good. The breakfast also has many choices and variety. We especially loved the pastries. We also tried dinner on one of the nights, and were very pleased with the menu and taste.

The hotel is also centrally located although you need a taxi to go everywhere but it was like a 10-15 minute drive to everywhere that we wanted to go. And we did not have to wait long to get a taxi from the hotel. There is also a supermarket right opposite the hotel and some warong selling local food near the hotel.

We would like to especially commend their staff (bellboy) Hafiz for being very helpful and nice to us throughout our 3 days stay at the hotel. Really made it worthwhile. Also to their front office staff Edwin, who attended our call before we arrived at the hotel, who was also very helpful. Kepada Edwin dan Hafiz, keep up the good work dan terimakasih kerana layanan anda yang baik.

We love this hotel and would definitely stay here again if we return to Medan. Hope they maintain the good service and good quality and upkeep of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Puzzledprez
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked 6 rooms for 8 friends trip to Medan. Overall, this is a great new hotel with courteous staff, excellent facility, clean and comfy rooms. Room service was great, restaurant open 24/7 and convenient to reach anywhere in the city. We loved our stay here and may return in future.

However, my credit card information may have been compromised at the hotel. Below are the excerpt of my email to their management :

" I made my bookings for 6 rooms from 26-29 April at your Grand Elite Hotel, Medan via booking.com. As per normal confirmation requirement, I provided my credit card information to booking.com, which was passed on to the hotel. In the next few days, there were at least 13 fraudulent transactions using my credit card information with 2 airlines (Tiger Airways & AirAsia). All those bookings for various destination, originating from Medan airport by an unknown, unauthorized person using my credit card information.

Upon notification from the bank, I immediately contacted the airlines and was informed individuals from Medan had made the bookings and paid using my card details. They provided me with the amount, flight details and other information required to file dispute with my bank. I endured stress, financial loss and potential loss of the money which was illegally charged to my card.

In my findings, the only link I have in Medan was the booking at the hotel, which reinforces my complaint that, the hotel is responsible for the loss of my credit card details, through a dishonest staff or a flawed process, not ensuring privacy and adequate security measures."

Otherwise, the trip would have been perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank tsashi
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I am from Surabaya and traveled to Medan for holiday with my friends. we stayed in Grand Elite Hotel and they have a very good service. The hotel has a very relaxing atmosphere and also located in the CBD area. In terms of the room, it is very clean and comfortable as well as it is quite big for a standard room. It also looks very new! we did order a room service, it was very fast and the food is so great. It is worth it for everything we pay for! Recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Marcellina M
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Elite interior, comfortable room, helpful staff..Highly recommended.
Overall.. Satisfied! Will definitely stay here again.
Strategic locstion around 5 minutes walking distance to "Brastagi" supermarket. And 15 minutes to Medan Fair Plaza.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business