“new kind of noodle”

Mie Kangkung Belacan A Hai
Ranked #146 of 485 Restaurants in Medan
Cuisines: Indonesian
Reviewed July 16, 2014

it was my first time to try mie kangkung belacan at Pasar Ramai (july 4th 2014), the noodle tasted good, but it's a little bit pricey for me, and the service wasn't as good as I expected, the space was so small and we had to share the table with other people. last but not least the table where I ate was shaking and it bothered my eating:(

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Smells like shiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt it's dirty and bad waitress's attitude damn it. I was here for a business trip for a week but this restaurant already fails my appetite to be back here again ! Never come back !!!

5  Thank Ken O
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We heard about this warung soon as we landed and some brief research done earlier but was a bit sceptical to try any local food here but this one really change my perception. Ordered their stir fried noodle and bihun. Mine was served with chunky fresh prawns and squid...my friend pulak ordered bihun kosong(vegetarian), the taste I tell you...must come back again..!!!

Their main warung is at Pasar Ramai, starts as early as 8am. They plan to have more warungs in time to come...Where u ask?? call Chef Ahai yourself to find out more....Very down to earth & easy going gentlemen whom you might mistaken as a long lost buddy...or new found buddy rather...and his wife, just like him..If you need recommendation for more best food, please ask Ahai and you cant go wrong. Cheers!!!

1  Thank Christopher M
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

i followed my instinct to have this tried. and yes, the food, the 'warung' or small resto and the boss aka the chef will definitely get me here again if i were happened to be in Medan in future.

The superfriendly bos (Ah hai) was having his lunch when i came in and asked whether or not its HALAL. he left his meal to attend to my visit and within few mins my Mie Kangkung Belacan was served. while eating, he advised me on where to get local souveniers.

Food wise: was really tasty (sufficient serving with seafood and fishballs). The warung ws really clean (almost all in white). He even offered me the WiFI svc to avoid the ridiculous telco charges.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Fiuhh.. sllrrrpp.. this the must place i have to visit if im in Medan, I love it.. mie kangkung is the best, I'm definitely must recommend this place.. wheter u'r going alone or group this place provided an enough place and very clean.. U must TRYY, the important thing is this place served very good food and best waiter attittude, and HALAL!!