“I have made a right and good spa choice!”
Review of Zengarden

Zengarden
Ranked #1 of 11 Spas & Wellness in Medan
More attraction details
Owner description: Zengarden is a premium family spa in the heart of Medan. It is a peaceful and serene sanctuary devoted to nurturing harmony and relaxation through the healing powers of therapeutic touch. Each treatment at Zengarden is customized to address individual concerns and uses the most effective products and techniques.The result is an environment with intimate essence of nature that you will hopefully consider to be your retreat and a place to refresh and renew.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

After reading the reviews from Tripadvisor, I was still thinking if I should stay in the hotel and pay for $450,000 for an in room spa or should I just take a cab out for this well received spa. I decided to take a cab and go for it! I am glad I have made a right choice.

The service from the counter staffs are excellent even though their English is quite limited for conversing but they still try their best to make me feel very welcome.

I took up the hot stone massage (90 min) at $159,000 and additional pearl white scrub with massage (60 min) at $129,000. fantastic.

One thing, I ask for medium pressure when the counter staffs "interviewed" me but ended up with a strong pressure. but that was fine cos the massage was good and the scrub left me feeling silky and moist!

I was impressed by the nice Japanese deco and own "basement" locker in the spa room. I will definitely come here again for my next trip.

Clarisse W, Public Relations Manager at Zengarden, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Hello chuaSPS P,

We are glad to hear you had exceptional experience at our place. We always strive to be better and better, though I admit we still haven't got the pressure-thing consistently right for everyone. It is very subjective on what is firm, medium and soft. Please always feel free to let our therapists know if they're getting too strong during the massage session.

Again, thank you very much for your positive review. All of us at Zengarden appreciate it and wish to welcome you back on your next visit to Medan.

Take care.

All reviews
"shower room"
in 2 reviews
"friendly and professional staff"
"therapist"
"curtains"
"session"
"deco"

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I came here due to reccomendation from TripAdvisor when I was visitting Medan for a business trip, the location was so easy to be found as it is placed near the protocol street and the places looks quite decent and clean.
when you came to the receptionist they will give you a brochure containing the package you want to take, and after you choose the package you will be asked a few things related the pressure power and part of the body which you don't want to be massaged. Then, they will fill the result in a form and give the form to the therapist.
The service was so professional and I would like to come back here again while I am at Medan.

Clarisse W, Public Relations Manager at Zengarden, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Vinz89,

We are very happy to know that we managed to provide you a great experience during your business trip.

At Zengarden, we are always looking for ways to improve ourselves everyday. Please feel free to send us an email and inform us, IF we fall short of that standard one day (I hope never! =D). I will personally make sure your opinion is heard.

Again, thank you and we would love to have you back at Zengarden!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Being in Medan for a business, i landed in Medan at 9am and had a full day of visits to my customers. I had the herb treatment and i was blown away. The treatment totally relaxed me, ans after the session was over my airway was super clear. I didnt remember the last time it felt so good to breathe. The spa experience was comparable to the one that i had at mesastila magelang (i paid $80) for one seventh of the price. Unbelievable! Definitely coming back when i am in town

1  Thank miumeow
Clarisse W, Public Relations Manager at Zengarden, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Hello Miumeow,

We are thrilled to hear that Zengarden is providing the same value as the other high-end spa but with 1/7 of the price. It goes straight to one of our goals at Zengarden. Providing an affordable premium experience.

We are looking forward to have you back at Zengarden!

Thank you. Take care.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

i really love massage because it can relax my body and mind after fully stressed work... and Zengarden is the one which i can fulfil. Starting from the welcome drink and cold towel and then goes through the massage. it's totally perfect. and i can really feel the "zen-atmosphere" while i've been massaged..
until now,compare to other spa in medan, i choose to put two thumbs up to Zengarden coz they really provide what i need for my body massage..
highly recommended for chocolate treatment..

thanks Zengarden..
keep the good work.. :)

Clarisse W, Public Relations Manager at Zengarden, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Hello Fredi W,

I and the whole crew at Zengarden appreciate your glowing review. We are thrilled to know that you had great experience at our spa. We are working hard day-in-and-day-out to ensure we can consistently meet and exceed your expectation.

Thank you.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Unfortunately i have to tell the truth that nowadays the spa isn't as good as the last time i visited. Now, i ordered the firm massage because i know that if i ordered the medium it will not be the real medium :)
So pretty much what i Am saying is i think they dont have a standard of massage technique they offered because this time it was horrible, and tomorrow im gonna have to go somewhere else because i was really unsatisfied.
Perhaps the new staff they are having are not provide as goos as service as the senior one, which i completely understand, therefore this place is still recommended, but keep in your mind that you have to request for the senior staff....

Sorry zen crew, just got to tell the truth....

Clarisse W, Public Relations Manager at Zengarden, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Hello Susan,

I am truly sorry that you didn't have as good (or even better) experience than before.

Based on your feedback, I have put it in my list to improve / work on 2 things: pressure and technique.

All our therapists are undergoing strict training and there should be no differences between one or another (though, I admit that, the experience could be very subjective depending on many factors).

Regardless, we appreciate your feedback and we will strive to be better.

Thank you.