“Religious site!”

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Religious site!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

For me, come here is an experience of praying in the holistic life of Medan. This is the biggest mosque Medan ever had, and probably top 5 in Indonesia! If you are a moeslem, and by any chance visit Medan, miss a chance to pray here is such a pity! :)

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Bekicotngesot

• Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“VERY GOOD AMAZING PLACE”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

amazing masjif a great place to pray i really loved the whole experience very spiritual i felt very sorry for beggars on the entrance poor people only 5000IDR to get in/

great place to visit

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Joshua R
Singapore
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Should have been cleaner”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Visit and prayed there, but I was really disappointed with the hygiene level.

I did not get to the Toilet, but by seeing the ablution area, I am dead sure it is worse.

The mosque itself has a remarkable architectural features. greatly admired.

As for the beggar, I did not care about that, that's a common social problems. nor that anyone asked for entrance fee.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Teds19
Penang Island, Malaysia
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“Nice buidling but $, $, $...”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just visited the place 2 days ago, with my parents, husband and kids.

1) Have to pay fee to enter the mosque, if not mistaken IDR5,000 per head.
2) Some beggers are sitting at the entrance asking for donation.
3) Visitors are requested to take off their shoes upon entering the building. When you claim your shoes, the people expect for some $$.
4) An old man approched me when I enter the building, telling me the stories and history of the mosque. To be frank I'm not interested and all my family members are not interest and they all run away, but I did not reject him because I think this is inpolite but I was wrong. I gave him IDR5,000 but he said the amount is too small and could not buy anything.
5) Parking fee

The place has not much things to see and we all left in about 10 minutes (but pay several time). I have not even take a single picture at this place. Feel dissapointed.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank datin_tan
Wrexham, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Nice architecture but be careful with people lurking around the mosque”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We visited in September and the mosque was full with children which we didn't mind at all.It was nice to stay for a bit and my mum decided to sit down and left me wandering around. Suddenly a guy approached me and started telling me about the history of the mosque. He insisted for me to follow him but i said no and he left. I went around the mosque and and saw a few people smoking in the mosque! I wasn't impressed at all! Before we left, mom decided to donate some money. Another guy came out of nowhere and grabbed the money and said he would put it in the box. Unfortunately he just put the money in his stupid pocket!!we could not say anything as he was local. Being a muslim and seeing another muslim behaving like this is unacceptable! So, be very careful when you visit. It is still a good site to see.

Visited September 2013