“Horrible Hotel”

Soechi International Hotel
Ranked #62 of 73 Hotels in Medan
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Previously managed by Novotel, this hotel is now under local management. Very ill managed, rooms have dirty stained curtains, carpets were not vacuumed, Ordered room service at 10pm, called them at 10.45pm & asked where was my food, they said it's being processed, 15 min later a waiter knocked my door asking what had I ordered. I asked for the manager, told him about the mess up, showed him the unclean carpets, the wet toilet & the stained curtains, but I got the impression that he was too young & inexperienced to manage the situation accordingly.
I don't suggest anyone to stay in this hotel, you can get better hotels in Medan at lesser rates than this hotel charges.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sunil A
Andy D, Manajer Hubungan Tamu at Soechi International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Dear Mr sunila

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your stay with us.

I was most disturbed to learn of your disappointment on your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and be assured that we will thoroughly investigate all matters concerned and corrective measures will be taken where required to ensure no repetition in the future.

I thank you for bringing the matter to our attention, giving us a chance to rectify our shortcomings in our continuous effort to improve and maintain our standards of service to our valued guests.

I look forward to meeting you personally on your next visit to Medan. I can be contacted anytime

There are newer reviews for Soechi International Hotel

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed for 1 night only in a Superior Room on the 8th floor overlooking to the swimming pool. Formerly this hotel was managed by Novotel but now this hotel standart was very low & in outdated condition. The bed room & bath room were old but clean enough. The aircon was not cold. Free WIFI connection in the room was very poor & interrupted many times. Buffet breakfast was nice & a lot of choice. Parking area at the basement was very dirty. Main road in front of the hotel was very crowded in working hour. A lot of foodstall nearby. The staff were friendly but it is not my choice for next visiting in Medan.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JohnAndre

Dear Mr Johnandre

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

The standard room is spacious. The washroom is clean and got bathtub. breakfast is inclusive in the room package. The food is average but with a variety of choices. The hotel location is near to pasar kain. Easy to get halal food nearby the hotel. The only hotel provide airport transfer service. Overall the hotel was okay. We do enjoy staying at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Siti Z

Dear Mr Siti J

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed here late September; the service was good especially at reception. Our flight was late and there were no non-smoking rooms so we were bumped up to a non-smoking suite. There was no hot water but this could of been the huge number staying here. Breakfast was chaotic due to so many large groups but the staff were very helpful and managed to find us everything we needed. Also being collected at the new Medan Airport was a huge bonus.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Caz1r

Dear Mr Cazir

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Due work I have to stay in this hotel though it would definitely not be my choice ! Although staff is reasonably friendly they still lacking basic hospitality skills ! I asked them to call a taxi for me and they said I would have to call by my self , using my cellphone... I thought this was a joke and when asking them why they said they had too many guests ordering taxis without laying them leaving them with a 30.000 penalty ... When asking them why they don't just charge to guests room they couldn't give me any clear answer .... Rooms are very outdated , bath is disgusting and I found 3 cockroaches in my room ... Also i was given à smoking room when specifically asked not smoking ! Wifi Nd Internet us very poor slow and doesn't even work in the room ! Service at swimming pool is very poor , nobody will come to you to ask you for something .... Chairs used for sunbathing are completely broken and not comfortable !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PKTVI

Dear Mr PKTVI

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here on 23rd & 25th of May with a group of friends. This hotel were booked by our tour agent and we choose this hotel from 3 option. I have asked my friends and they said they were satisfied with their room although they think the room kind of old and I personally satisfied with the room I shared with my friend (Room No. 808 & 816).
Their buffet breakfast also nice but average, with variety choice of breakfast from western to local (They got one corner where you can asked them to prepare you 'fresh' omelets). However, they should check their creamer for coffee which they prepare at the beverage corner (not the packet one) whether it's still good or not - It's turned into white solid when we add it to our coffee. I saw lots of customer leave behind their coffee untouched during our breakfast on 26th May because of this.
The only thing I m not satisfied is their front desk services. It took almost 20 - 30 minutes for us to get our room and it was really such a bummer for us since we were from long journey and arrived late and we were expecting to get to our room the soonest possible to rest.
Overall, maybe I am lucky that my friend and I got a nice room during our stay and we have no complaint of our room. I suggested the hotel management to improved their services and also try to upgrade the rooms since it's a bit old.

Room Tip: Our room was at level 8, the view was nice, so I think the higher level you can get, the better
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mr hyatimolly

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here with a colleague for one night. in general, you'll get the feel that the hotel is pretty old and need some maintenance but nothing too urgent. the front desk looked unexperienced since they charged my colleague's credit card the wrong amount and it took quite some time for them to process the registration. The room itself is very comfortable, and the bathroom is very clean. I had a very good sleep (since I was so tired) and breakfast is decent but not excellent. i'd recommend it for the good price and the nice rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business