“one of a few good quality restaurant in medan”

Trattoria Medan Sumatra
Ranked #203 of 485 Restaurants in Medan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2013

i went there there with a couple of friends, and we tried the black pasta, and a couple of pizza, it is very good actually, not as bad as the comment before, and the pizza, is indeed really great, totally recommended for pizza lover.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Quiet, relax, far from your expectation. Never come back again if your require are food. Suitable for teenager or student for chit and chat.

TrattoriaAsia, Manager at Trattoria Medan Sumatra, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Hello Piau45,
It sounds like your visit was not up to your standards. Could I ask that you give us another try. I am not sure what experience you had but I assure you we pride ourselves on good authentic Italian food at a reasonable price. Maybe there was something that happened that you can share if you return.

I personally invite you to give us another chance,

Maria - manager

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Was actually quite disappointed as some things I wanted were not available. What I ended up eating was disappointing. We were in a group with Vegetarians and this place did have quite a few vegetarian choices. Portions were really quite small , service was slow - actually quite poor and strangely for Indonesia the staff seemed indifferent.

Hello Manoj,
I just read your review and would like to extend my apologies for any dissatisfaction you had with our service or the quality of food. We consider these two areas extremely important and take this matter very seriously.

I would like to personally invite you back to Trattoria to give us another try. I do believe you will find our food and service quite good most every day.

Maria - manager

Reviewed March 4, 2013

there was one time when i visited here the chef were greet us. about the taste... as same as italia .... i like the pizza

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I visited my wife's family in Medan and I invited them for a dinner at Trattoria. The ambiance is nice, the location is quite, good for a casual dinner with friends.
Once sat down we start to order; too many things in the menu were sold out (it's the first time I see an Italian restaurant without salad and 2 kind of pasta...unbelievable).
Ordered 1 pizza margherita 4 pastas and 2 lamb chop and just soft drinks. Pizza was tasteless (no salt in the dough) and just a shadow of mozzarella. I got penne arrabbiata overcooked and the comments of my guests were not good at all.
Staff is doing his job, but is no friendly at all. I had dinner in the same chain resto in Singapore and I can see that the quality is almost the same.
The last (but not the least) is the bill. Almost 1 milion Rupia bill to dine in 6 with this kind of food is really overpriced. I will not go to Trattoria again.
Not recommended.

TrattoriaAsia, Manager at Trattoria Medan Sumatra, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Hello David,
I have read your review and it came as a surprise to me as our food has always been considered well prices and full of flavor. In fact, as our owners are both Italian most of the recipes come directly from their momma in Italy. We have thousands of Italian guests visit our restaurants all over Asia each month and most of them would say Trattoria's menu offers some of the most authentic Italian food anywhere. Just like momma made.

I won't try to change your mind, we just want you to know we would be honored if you gave us another chance. It's not very often we hear that people didn't like our food or that the price was too high.

Maria