“It is ok for this money!”
Review of Residence Hotel

Residence Hotel
and 1 more site!
Residence Hotel
Ranked #33 of 52 Medan B&B and Inns
“It is ok for this money!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I think that rooms could be cleaner, but this is, what you get for that kind of money. The bathroom was almost impossible to use, because it was to small, and position of toilet was awful.
They have nice terase on the top, so you can sit on it and enjoy.
There is also wifi in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Samosir Island, Indonesia
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I'm not really a expert in Jalan SM Raja guesthouse,but i been here for couple times,searching the right room by walk in several GH and checked the room,at the rate 70k,i think the rooms is no bad,yeap small bathroom and high floor to climb,but then again,i compared this with others,i will vote this is the best option for me in SM Raja area for a cheap room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 13, 2013

A large promise with 3 attached buildings, next to the Grand Mosque, Restaurants and shopping mall.

There are 90 rooms ranges from US 7 to 22. I stayed in a small single room with a very small and simple bathroom. No window, equipped only with a queen-size bed, a coffee table and fan.
There is not shower tap and no toilet bowl cover, smelly from the bathroom. Downstair is a large restaurant and common room. The price is affordable. On the roof, a spaceios garden for you to relaxe.

I spend for US 6.5 for a single fan room. For this tiny amount of dollars, you cannot easy to find a place to stay like this one.

Room Tip: should be aviod to take the rooms face the Mosque
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I already booked 2 rooms (economy 60idr and standard 90idr) a week before I arrived. It's quite easy to reserve the room, only via website. Because it was too easy, I asked to them by email 'is the reservation step only like this?' and they replies 'yes' (we correspond in Bahasa Indonesia).
But, by the time I arrived to this hotel (this morning) they reject me and my friends. The receptionist said that the economy and standard room can't be reserved either by phone or email, and economy rooms are available for foreign backpack tourists only. How can they say that way? They already accepted my email and confirmed that I can stay there. But now they reject us. They say so many reasons that not make sense. Although then I can take 2 standard rooms after having fighting with the receptionist.
I would not choose this hotel again. NEVER EVER

• Stayed January 2013

Travelers are raving about these Medan hotels

Bandar Lampung, Indonesia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

a cheap hotel but very comfortable. Maimoon close to the palace. yuki mall. mosque. bus terminal.

only pay Rp. 60,000 got a comfortable room with a fan. Free internet in the lobby. the price of food in the cafe is also very affordable. I will return to this hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I was exhausted after hours of travel and arrived at the Residence Hotel after finding it in a 2 year old travel guide that said it was new and affordable. The staff was very pleasant, which I why I felt awful when i packed my bags at 10pm and told them I was leaving. When I moved a bedside table to find an outlet, it was filthy with cockroaches and dust bunnies and small bugs behind it. Then I pulled back the sheets to find big stains on the bed. The sink in the bathroom was falling off the wall and the shower was literally right over the toilet. Although I did like the staff upon arriving, they were incredibly unhelpful in getting me a taxi, telling me they couldn't call one for me because it was too late and I would have to walk to the main road to find one. I had been backpacking for 9 months and this was the most disgusting experience in my time. Do not stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Nicole O
Paris, France
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We were there one night. Our room was quite small, but we managed. Ok bed, AC was working well. Cold water, bad shower (one of the worse in 10 months of travel), but at least we had a mirror in the bathroom and we could wash our teeth in a basin. No traffic noise since the hotel is located on a small street, at the back of Jalan SM Raja. The mosk is next door. We could hear it very well since we had a room with window. The staff was very nice, but their English was limited. This hotel is mostly occupied by locals.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple