“Awesome! If you like bed bugs...”

and 1 more site!
Pondok Wisata Angel
Ranked #66 of 72 Hotels in Medan
Fleamike
“Awesome! If you like bed bugs...”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Yup, definitely still bed bugs here. Staff knows it. Nothing's done. I'm confused by any review that states this place is "decent for a night." Everyone I spoke with who stayed there was bitten. I'm sure it's tough to get rid of bugs in a city like Medan but still...pretty nasty. I wouldn't stay here if I were you.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Fleamike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Beauty Point, Australia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have stayed in much better accomodation for the price!!! our 1st night 100,000 got us a twin room on the top floor, I thought i had been attacked ( and i mean attacked!) by mosquitos but maybe it was bed bugs, 2nd night we ''upgraded'' to a 150,000 oom which was basically the same but with aircon, cold water shower so close to the toilet!!! toilet didnt flush and smelt all the time, only plus was the pillows were soft! We also enquired about the turtle they have at the front window, he was in less than an inch of water, so we put some more water in for him :( his life is very sad!! Nasi goreng vegetable was nice, as was the avocado chapatti, would probably look to spend an extra few dollars next time for peace of mind and comfort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank seashell609
lismore
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The rooms are tiny, and while I didn't get bittern, my friend got attacked by bed bugs.
Very noisy.
The bed I had was good and I slept well but for the same price there must be something better.

Room Tip: If you know how to spot bed bugs then make sure you check your room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank tcnct

Travelers are raving about these Medan hotels

Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Either angel need to do some work on the place or lower the price. Rooms are tiny- one person through the door at once. The bed takes up all the room, you can't move around inside at all. We had a twin, the beds were boxed in so if the person in the far bed wants to get out they have to walk over their mates bed. The walls need some attention- stained and chipped with no paint on some patches. Blankets are from an airline- great for a snooze on a plane, not a good nights sleep in a bed. Sheets had holes in. Bathroom is awful, the drain stinks out the whole room. There's no sink and no flush- I wouldn't even mention this but the scoop provided had a hole in it- useless! Oh and don't get me started on the cafe toilet! The tap drips away all day and night. The aircon makes a clicking noise now and again- its loud enough to wake you up. The noise from the road is constant and with the mosque next door the call to prayer will wake u up before 5am. At 130000 its totally overpriced for the standards. We've stayed in far nicer places for a fraction of the price.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank pawl65
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is a favorite on Wiki travel but i was slightly disappointed because of the hype.

The stay is very basic - if you just want a place to crash at night, then it is fine. However, if you plan to spend significant amount of time at the hotel, then you may want to upgrade to better hotels around. Mattress was good - there was no basin in the room - bathroom/toilet was tiny - room is a bit noisy...

I paid 60,000 INR per night for a solo room with a single bed. It was tiny but was ok with me since i never spent time at the hotel. Food was ok, Wifi was down for sometime, service is average.

If you want quality stay, skip this one...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I spent in this hotel the worst night at hotel in my life (I didn't sleep at all). Room for 200.000 INR (not the cheapest, with tv and air con) appeared to be full of bed bugs - I killed few big ones and few very small (at least twenty). Despite that I had itchy bites for more than a week on my hands and legs (and some other places). Since that night I started to check every bed in every hotel. I do not understand why lonely planet guide recommend this hotel (as "our pick" one)

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank AnetaMi
Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

After a long day travelling we were happy to lower our standards for the right price. This place fitted the bill. The rooms were average with a badly designed bathroom and noisy AC. This was drowned out by the constant traffic noise- beeping horns all night long. Most places in medan will have this problem though. The bed was clean and comfortable. Food was good. Only thing we really didn't like was the constant sales pitch. All we wanted to know was how much to get to bukit lawang. All we were told about was the 2 day trek even though we told them we're definitely not going on the hike. Not very helpful. It wasn't until we were walking out the door with our backpacks that they finally offered us transport. Sort it out guys!

• Stayed May 2012