Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan
$38
$24
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscambridge mallrooftop restaurantsmall mallbusiness tripbika ambonstrategic locationswimming poolstaying at this hotelvisit medanbuffet breakfastnice staysmoking roomstreet foodrecommended hotelfive star hotelnice roomchecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I may say that I'm a repeated occupier to this Grand Swiss-belhotel Medan and buy their SBEC member program offered indeed. Thanks to its attached Cambridge mall facility and its strategic location which is quite near to the nice eating places in Medan. I love shopping and enjoying the night life in Medan even though that I am a local. I love to spend my weekend with friends around and having a pampered weekend with them. I was impressed to the comfort of this hotel and the luxury of its building design. I have been registered as their member since 18th of June 2010 and regularly choose this hotel as my weekend getaway destination ever since and even before.
But I am regretfully would like to announce to the whole world that my 5-8 august 2010 will be my last stay in this Grand Swiss-belhotel Medan.
oh God.. what is wrong with you FRONT OFFICE department? and what is wrong with you Mr.AGUS SALIM as a Front Office Manager who is supposed to be a good sample to your all subordinates but behaved even more rude and seemed less educated than your staffs. You have ruined and broken-up my great plan weekend by your impolite and your RUDE attitude and words during my BREAKFAST time with my friends! and for the sake of the goodness, I believe that all the people in the world consider to spend money to enjoy nights in hotel due to its basic function that is: to give a comfort away from home which is I do not get from this hotel on my last stay!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
SwissBelhotelMedan, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

Dear Miss,

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

It has been our great pleasure to welcome you at Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan and thank you for sharing your feelings about your stay with us.

We wish to extend to you our deepest apologies for the unfortunate incident that occurred during your stay. We will look into this matter accordingly.

We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you, when you next visit Medan. If we can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed March 26, 2010

It is not often that I add any significant comment to a hotel review, but after a stay at the Swiss Bel-hotel, I considered it worthy of more than clicking a few stars.

In an effort to sidestep the intensity of Medan, we chose this hotel primarily because of its location (near Polinia) and apparent comfort level. My partner and I booked through asiarooms and found a rate of $75 (just over £50 or 690k Indo-Rup) just the night before. Upon arrival, following a cramped, uncomfortable bus ride, we were delighted to find a friendly and welcoming staff from the security guard through to the reception staff dealing with our reservation. Our booking was dealt with efficiently with complimentary drinks being provided on arrival to refresh us during the process. The room facilities were excellent including a large bathroom again having all the complimentary products any traveller could require. Any queries or requirements we had were dealt with by all members of staff involved immediately without any quibble and with a smile making our stay effortless. We also took advantage of the excellent gym and spa faciliies (all complimentary for hotel guests) which included a well equipped gym, large outside pool with views over the city, sauna, steam room jacuzzis etc.
Although the restaurant seemed to provide a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere, we decided to venture out of the complex and eat at a curry house which came highly recommended (by a friend not the hotel) located only a few roads away.
After a comfortable sleep, we rose early for breakfast which was served on the 2nd floor in the restaurant. Again, all the usual foods one might expect from an international standard hotel, with the obligatory pancake chef, omlette chef, juice maker etc. While the coffee and Indonesian cuisine in pareticular was top notch, some of the other food we sampled didn't quite make the grade. During our stay we noticed that some p0arts of the hotel were still no9t operational (including the restaurant/bar on the 26th floor was still being built) and so we put the slightly below par breakfast down to initial 'teething problems'. I should add that even though some of breakfast wasn't great, because of the huge choice on offer, we didn't go hungry.

We packed up and checked out. Efficient front of house staff (again) made this part quick and painless. We requested that a taxi be arranged to take us to the airport. Front of house arranged a comfortable transfer vehicle owned by the hotel to drop us to the airport for free - which was more than we bargained for given the £50 we paid for the room!

A slight drawback for us was the slightly overpriced drinks offered at the downstairs bar, although we appreciate that the hotel will probbably be used for business purposes and settled on an expense account so this may not be particularly important to the majority. There was a couple of happy hour deals on beer and selected cocktails which made the prices more realistic.

We stay in a lot of top class hotels in the UK, the Swiss Bel-hotel was up there with the best, thanks mostly top the excellent and friendly staff and the quality of the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir,

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

We would like to thank you for choosing Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan as you accomodation choice and for sharing your appreciation with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly appreciate the friendliness and assistance of our staffs. It is our aim to be customer-focused and all guest queries and requests are handled quickly and efficiently.

For your information, we have just opened two new fabulous outlets, which are The View Music Lounge and Bar at 26th floor, and The Edge (Top Floor Restaurant) at 27th floor.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 31, 2010

stayed for 3D / 2N....... given room on 20th Floor..... excellent view from both sides......
the bathroom is done in "Black Marble" so the maids dont really clean it........can see the soap stain on glass partition..........otherwise .......everything is good as expected........
variety of choice for breakfast..........room service was rather slow......too bad they dont have "Yogurt"......Buffet lunch was good.........
service by cafe staff n FO very good as well..........will be back soon.......
On the last day ......after checking out ......reaching Airport......I realized that i have left my "Ring" in the bathroom.........asked the Tour Agent " Pak Salim" to infom the hotel..........
to my surprise it was delivered to me at the Airport before i checked in through Immigration..........thank you guys.........really really appreciate that......AND I WILL BE BACK SOON ):
tq

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

We are very pleased that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel.

Your comments on the bathroom and room service have been well noted and we can assure you that necessary steps have been taken to avoid any inconvenience in the future.

We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Medan.

An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed January 18, 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
GSBM, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed January 8, 2010

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
GSBM, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012