Prior to my trip, I made transfer arrangements with the hotel. The service was professional and the price is extremely reasonable. When I arrived at Medan airport, the staff pick me up without any hassles.
Upon reaching the hotel, I checked in easily, without fuss. The staff provided me with two room keys without me requesting for it, as well as free 48hrs internet usage.
The room was cosy but i took a while to find the lamp switches...hence the room was pitched dark for a while. Probably a corner light from ceiling would help. Bedsheets and pillows were clean, to my delight.
The toilet was spacious....and I love it. I spent sometime in the bathtub. Toiletries were great. Tissue papers plenty (unlike those hotels i visited earlier). There were also two complimentary bottles of mineral water. Fantastic really.
The only grips I have are:
1. There was no slippers provided. This was quite a surprise missing item for a great hotel.
2. The corner of the room was somewhat dark even with the bed lamps switched on. A small ceiling LED light will make the room even more cosy
3. The lifts might not be sufficient to handle the load. I had waited quite a while for the lift, and worse, it stopped at every level (I stayed on the 18th)...so you could imagine how long it took me to reach the lobby from my level.
Breakfast was ok. The restaurant was spacious and the buffet spread laid out nicely. However, the selection was somewhat lesser than expected. In addition, no staff actually came to ask if I would like to have coffee or tea. Probably everything was self-service?
When clearing my plates, they removed my fork and spoon and I had to ask for them again. Perhaps the restaurant should consider placing the utensils at the food spread so that we could get it at the same time when going for our next rounds.
Overall, I would certainly come back to stay in this hotel the next time i visit Medan.
Hope that the restaurant would be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan is the first multi-facility complex of our kind to grace Medan, the capital city of North Sumatra. As the first 5 star international business hotel here, we are conveniently located right next to the Cambridge Condominiums and Shopping Mall.We offer 242 rooms and suites that feature a sleek and modern design, and are outfitted with a marvelous range of amenities to make sure that your stay with us in Medan is the most comfortable it can possibly be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan Hotel Medan