“Probably the best in Medan”

Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Medan
Singapore, Singapore
“Probably the best in Medan”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Prior to my trip, I made transfer arrangements with the hotel. The service was professional and the price is extremely reasonable. When I arrived at Medan airport, the staff pick me up without any hassles.

Upon reaching the hotel, I checked in easily, without fuss. The staff provided me with two room keys without me requesting for it, as well as free 48hrs internet usage.

The room was cosy but i took a while to find the lamp switches...hence the room was pitched dark for a while. Probably a corner light from ceiling would help. Bedsheets and pillows were clean, to my delight.

The toilet was spacious....and I love it. I spent sometime in the bathtub. Toiletries were great. Tissue papers plenty (unlike those hotels i visited earlier). There were also two complimentary bottles of mineral water. Fantastic really.

The only grips I have are:
1. There was no slippers provided. This was quite a surprise missing item for a great hotel.
2. The corner of the room was somewhat dark even with the bed lamps switched on. A small ceiling LED light will make the room even more cosy
3. The lifts might not be sufficient to handle the load. I had waited quite a while for the lift, and worse, it stopped at every level (I stayed on the 18th)...so you could imagine how long it took me to reach the lobby from my level.

Breakfast was ok. The restaurant was spacious and the buffet spread laid out nicely. However, the selection was somewhat lesser than expected. In addition, no staff actually came to ask if I would like to have coffee or tea. Probably everything was self-service?

When clearing my plates, they removed my fork and spoon and I had to ask for them again. Perhaps the restaurant should consider placing the utensils at the food spread so that we could get it at the same time when going for our next rounds.

Overall, I would certainly come back to stay in this hotel the next time i visit Medan.
Hope that the restaurant would be better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HoteLExpat
GSBM, General Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this review, March 3, 2013

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan!

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan.

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel.

It is feedback such as yours that enables us to adjust and better serve our guests and meet their satisfaction.

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan.

Management of Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time ever that i felt being over-powered by the rooms ;)
I booked the deluxe room, and got the room at the corner, which gaveme a very transparant looks of the surrounding. All left sides wall made from glass,as if like u are sleeping in the open air under the sky.

The bathroom was huge, have seperate toilets, shower and tubs. Breakfast area is not as big as supposed to be though...
Nevertheless the location and also the conencting door to the shopping mall was avery plus point.
I will surely be back here again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank ILMO-Mrs
GSBM, General Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this review, February 14, 2013

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan!

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your preferred accomodation during your recent visit to Medan.

We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is encouraging as our guest's satisfaction is our primary concern.

europa
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just stayed at the Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan
on February..

The price is NOT the same value as the rooms

Rooms are small with very bad smell and secondhand
furnitues and some rooms have no windoes

the walls are very thin so you can hear everything
from your neighbor

Then I come to the bathroom - the toilet is ok
BUT the towels was very bad and smell very old
so my clothes still smell like the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank EuropaLund

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan!

Thank you for bringing to our attention the problem you have encountered during your visit in our hotel. On behalf of Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience you were caused during your stay with us.

Your remark has been carefully noted and We can assure you that the necesssary steps have been taken to avoid such inconvenience in the future.

We hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again in Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan. In the meantime, We remain at your disposal should you require any further assistance.

clevedon
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here for buisness as booked by a local. Rooms very good and the staff were very good, but not too confident with English.

Facilities good and wifi worked throughout the hotel. Used the hotel restaurant and bar and all very good service and choice, though quite expensive for the location.

Room Tip: Higher floor the better!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CliveB
GSBM, General Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this review, February 6, 2013

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan!

It has been our great pleasure to welcome you at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan and thank you for sharing your feelings about your stay with us.
We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan.

Port Douglas, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I arrived from KL in the morning and not expecting the room to be available but not feeling all that well I headed straight to the hotel intending on dropping off my luggage and going for a wander. The lovely young lady on the desk took pity on me and directed me into the lounge with a cool drink while she organised me a room. After a nap I went downstairs and organised transport to Bukit Lawang the following day.
Because of the professionalism and the assistance the staff extended I decided to use the hotel for my final night in Sumatera and didn't regret the choice.
I would stay here again without a qualm.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RobynS1962

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan!

We would like to thank you for choosing Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Medan and for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased that you appreciated the assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all looking forward to welcoming you again soon to Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'm went there for business trip for 2 days.
The location is very strategic in downtown Medan area and the hotel connected with shopping mall, so its make easier to buy something. The room is big enough for 1 person, very clean and staff very helpfull. Will recommend for others travellers, for business and family holiday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank dhanupras
Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Medan and for sharing your appreciation with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. Your comments on our service are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Management of Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Overall is perfect but one thing need a little bit improve on food (breakfast). Almost the same menu.

Second is room facility, some is old or tear. Example like window curtains very difficult to move.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank OoiCB
GSBM, General Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this review, January 27, 2013

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan!

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give your comment on Trip Advisor during your recent stay at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan.