“What else can you get in Medan...”

Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan
Ranked #4 of 69 Hotels in Medan
Vientiane, Laos
“What else can you get in Medan...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Located in centre of city, big rooms, placed on top of a cafe mall, walking distance to kampung keling (food haven) and Sun plaza is just across. What else can you get?....If you want more than that, try JW Marriott with double rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GSBM, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this review, August 29, 2012

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan!

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your comment on TripAdvisor during your recent stay at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan!

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the room and facilities that we offered and enjoyed your visit in our hotel.

We thank you very much for your patronage and look forward to having you back with us at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan.

Management of Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
sidoarjo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

i never go to medan. when my husband was on business affair, i accompanied him. it was may 2011. the hotel is located in downtown. not far from polonia international airport, just 20 minutes in peak time. there is a mall in first floor, you can shop there. many branded shops have their boutique there. reservation and service are good. nice place. the swimming pool is on 6th or 7th floor. it is not big but comfortable. you can choose any cuisine at breakfast. choose everything you like.

Room Tip: if you like downtown views, ask for street side room. other wise, take the pool view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jok_family
GSBM, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Valued guest,

We would like to express our gratitude to you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Medan, and for sharing your appreciation with us.

We are very pleased to read that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our products and services as it is what we strive for everyday.

We thank you for your continued support and hope we will have the pleasure of serving you and your family again soon.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

though check in time is 2pm, our flight wasan early one and we were readily checked in around 11am. thank you. buffet was ok. it is a gd location abt 15 to 20 mins walk to Sun. hotel is rite next to cambridge mall we had most meals at the various outlets at the mall during our 5 days. so there is no worries as to what to eat for lunch or dinner. esp if you are travelling with young children.there is a shop at basement i hv bought some perfumes cheaper than duty free shops. ck eternity, burberry. u can checkit out. many coffee outlets too if you are a coffee lover!!

• Stayed June 2012
GSBM, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this review, August 20, 2012

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan!

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment regarding your recent stay with us!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and in the meantime, if we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your patronage.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I never went to Medan before so I didn't know what to expect. During my first business trip there I did some research about which hotel should I stayed in. My friends and my colleagues suggested that I should stay at Grand Swiss Belhotel. At first I was doubtful that the hotel would be nice, I mean after all it is Swiss-Belhotel. But ever since my arrival at the hotel I was greeted with something that was beyond my expectation. I took a morning flight and arrived in Medan at 10 a.m. The traffic was very friendly as it only took me 15 minutes from the airport to the hotel. Most hotels have a strict policy regarding check in time. But I was surprised when the receptionist officer asked me if I want to have an early check-in. The room is spacious and clean as well as the bathroom. But I was a bit regretful that the hotel doesn't provide bath mat. The hotel is also located next to a shopping center so it is very convenient. But overall my experience with this hotel has been nothing but enjoyable one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan!

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Medan and for sharing your appreciation with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and particularly value our hotel.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed one night and was very pleased with the spacious and comfortable room, good bathroom, quietness on the business 8th floor and exceptional service at the restaurant on the top floor. Food and service were very good, highly recommend that establisment. The view of Medan at night is nice. Internet worked great. Breakfast was not "continental" but I have no problem with that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GSBM, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this review, August 13, 2012

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan!

It has been our great pleasure to welcome you at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan and thank you for taking the time to write us regarding your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and particularly value our room, buffet breakfast, our roof-top restaurant called The Edge and the services that we provide. It is encouraging as our guest's satisfaction is our primary concern.

Best regards,
Medan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

- Hotel with shopping center (Cambridge Mal)
- Easy to find food, public transport such as taxi, rickshaw
- A few steps to souvenir shop
- A lot of convenience store, department store, restaurant below this hotel
- Room is very clean and best
- Large room
- Nice hotel staff
- Best security
- Nice gym and swimming pool
- Good breakfast
- ATM, Bank is complete around this hotel
- Near Mojopahit street, S.Parman Street

Room Tip: Higher room is best
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan!

We are delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel.

Lyon, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

With my wife we spent 4 nights in August 2012. I rated poor as there was no very poor. I have seen worst. But coming here in this hotel I was expecting a truly international class hotel: it is definitely not!!!
The hotel suffer from lack of management, working mainly with trainees who are doing their best but... saving on lifts when you have a 20 over floors building is just not acceptable (we waited again for over 10 minutes to get into an overcrowded lift stopping at every floor yesterday... and the house keeping... or should I say the absence of it blood stains on the room carpet that has never ever been cleaned.
All over the hotel you'll see lack of hygiene. The pool deck has a big hole in it just by the ladder that has been “fixed”, letting rusty nails dangerously coming out. The spa?... it is just gross.
FYI: my wife is Indonesian and a professional hotelier and I work and travel all over the world (200 nights a year in hotels) spending a great deal of my time in Africa so I believe we are well versed in hotel management/ service.
The location is good but the hotel is NOT!!! Makes me wonder if the comments are real or wondering where these people had been before they stayed here...
I lived in Asia for 13 years and seen many hotels in pretty muc every budget range. This hotel is not acceptable.
I’ll be back in Medan as I do regularly to visit my in-laws but we won’t stay here again as there are other truly international class hotels here nowadays.
Unless you enjoy staying in overpriced dirty places filled with large groups smoking up the restaurant in the mornings and eat poor breakfast then go for it (you can have the same level of service for a third of the price). If not, there are other choices. No time to upload the photos but if I can, later update my comment I’ll upload them.

Room Tip: To choose a good room? Choose a different hotel...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ytraveler_28
GSBM, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this review, August 5, 2012

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan!

Thank you for choosing Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan as your preferred accommodation during your visit to Medan.

We were very sorry that you didn’t pass on your comments during your 4 stay with us.
We have noted your attentions on the room cleanliness and hotel accommodation especially our elevator. We are in the process of speeding up our elevator’s speed.
Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience you were caused. Kindly rest assured that appropriate action has been conducted to avoid such incident in the future.

We hope this experience will not alter your confidence in Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again.