“excellent”

JW Marriott Hotel Medan
Ranked #1 of 73 Hotels in Medan
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is excellent in service. Everything was just going right staying in this hotel. I love to stay here. I love :
The breakfast which u can choose many variety of food and they are lovely
The room that makes me always want to stay in and just lying on bed
The wifi which is super, the fastest among any hotel I ever stayed I think
The service which was amazing :)

The one thing that a bit bothering was it;s not a very close to any mall, just like other hotel in Medan where u can just walk to the mall. But u can go by any taxy or becak motor in cheap rate because it doesnt take long time to go there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Management T, Management at JW Marriott Hotel Medan, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear "Qqie",
Thank you very much for staying at the JW Marriott Medan, as well as for taking the time to post your reviews. It is our great pleasure to hear that you had an enjoyable staying with us. Furthermore, we appreciate your positive comments on our breakfast variation, Wi-Fi internet connection and your great experience on our room layout which suits every need of any holiday maker or business travelers like you. We will share your comments to our associates and I believe they will be very happy to read it, too. Once again, we thank you for your support of the JW Marriott Medan and we hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you again in the near future to show our dedication and commitment to outstanding services. Please feel free to contact us personally if we may be of any assistance pertaining to a future booking.

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Hotel Medan

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Medan as I have business here. I stayed 2 nights in the Marriott and its not because its a five star hotel I'm giving a two thumbs up. The smiles in every employee is sensational. If you were to call the operator or room service, they would greet you by name as though they know you personally. The house keeping greets you with a "Goood Morning" with the biggest smile there is. I highly recommend a hotel that has small touches yet makes a big difference. By the way, the view is spectacular from every room facing the city. Way to go Marriott...

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear "Husni M",
Thank you very much for staying at the JW Marriott Medan, as well as for taking the time to post your positive reviews. It is great to hear that you had great experience and enjoying your stay with us in all aspects. We are glad to see that you had sufficient time to explore the hotel facilities even you were only staying for two nights with us, and we managed to fine tune our services to tailor your holiday needs and do our best to cater any of your request. Once again I thank you for your support to the JW Marriott Medan and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It rarely happens that a hotel ticks all the boxes. It is a combination of circumstances, needs, time and luck. This time around, for whatever reason, everything was just great. Rooms not too big, not too small, exactly good. Not too new, not too old. Not overdone and not frugal, just to my needs. Breakfast: all that I needed and tasty. Lobby nice and spacious. Service effective and friendly. Great lap-pool. One highlight was the nice gym, nicely equipped with ample machines. I can keep on going but I won't. And for all the rest: I will be sure to be back.

Room Tip: My room was on the front and offered a good view and no noise. A colleague of mine was staying high...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PopeyeCalifornia

Dear "PopeyeCalifornia",
Thank you very much for staying at the JW Marriott Medan, as well as for taking the time to post your reviews. It is great to hear that you had great experience while you are staying at JW Marriott Medan, and we were able to suit your needs in all of your holiday aspects. Once again I thank you for your support to the JW Marriott Medan and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The hotel staff at the club floor went out of their way to make my stay an enjoyable one. The rooms are nicely decorated n functional .
However food variation could be bette , replenishment of food during bfast at lounge was slow .

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank SShirleyG

Dear "SShirleyG",
Thank you very much for staying at the JW Marriott Medan, as well as for taking the time to post your reviews. It is our great pleasure to hear that you had an enjoyable staying with us. Furthermore, we appreciate your comments on our food variation and your breakfast experience at our executive lounge, we certainly address your comment and share with our team. We thank you for your support of the JW Marriott Medan and we hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you again in the near future to show our dedication and commitment to outstanding services. Please feel free to contact us personally if we may be of any assistance pertaining to a future booking.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Just like other branches JW Marriott is a well known brand that guarantees and promise you a luxurious stay experience, overall i have nothing to worry about having a bad stay or even a backache, because the bed and fluffy pillows actually sends you to a deep slumber, beautifully.

Too bad i have to write this, i feel disappointed by the slow service in everything. My in laws reserved 3 rooms (i forgot what type), the concierge said that only one room was ready, so we decided to wait in the room for another 2 rooms to be ready, we waited almost an hour for it, my husband had to call the front office to ask for the rooms status, then they said that one room is ready and they will deliver the key.
So we wait as another minutes pass by, the impatience me decided to go straight to the lobby and to find that not only the keys hasn't been prepared, i had to go fetch the key by myself and not a single soul bothered to inform us or having the intention to delivered the keys, talking about initiative. And how long does it take to clean up the room? Too slow, really.

Lastly, more attention to shower drain would be much appreciated. So i hope you fix the problem immediately.

However i had a very good stay here, i think it's good for marriott medan to pay more to details, so the title for excellence cam be said literally.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank GiaPutri

Dear "Putriyanadi",
Thank you very much for staying at the JW Marriott Medan, as well as for taking the time to post your reviews. It is great to hear that you were enjoying your stay and furthermore, we appreciate your constructive feedback on our front desk service and sincerely apologize for the glitch you experience on your arrival in regards to the room assignment, and we will certainly have a look in more details and review it. Once again I thank you for your support to the JW Marriott Medan and I hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you again in the near future to show our dedication, commitment to outstanding services and regain your confidence on our brand. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Check in process was not long. Maybe it's not peak season. The room was spacious. Well, it's 5 star hotel room. Everything was fine during our stay. We tried the chinese restaurant. Food was nice, presentation and taste wise. Buffet breakfast was excellent. Everything about this hotel is excellent except the location. It would be perfect if there is shopping mall, or food stalls around the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012
Management T, Management Team at JW Marriott Hotel Medan, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear "Babypooh21"
Thank you for choosing to stay at JW Marriott Medan and for taking your time to post your positive review. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us and satisfy with the hotel service in all aspects. We sincerely hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distance future.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Located in the heart of the CBD, this hotel has access to everywhere. Walking distance to Merdeka Walk, Palladium Mall in Aryaduta and Nelayan Restaurant. Though the staff especially the receptionist lack of smiling, the hotel has an excellent service. The room is spacious, the bed and the pillows is very comfy. The bathroom has tube and shower with full of amenities. Breakfast is fantastic, I love the crunchy cakue with the congee, never stop consumed it whilst stayed there for 3 days. Besides there are plenty of Western and Asian food, yet I haven't seen any Indian food. The gym is excellent for 5 star standard and the sauna is very hot. Shampoo was not avail in the gym area. Overall it was a wonderful stay with Marriott Medan.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sbysteve

Dear "sbysteve",
Thank you for choosing to stay at JW Marriott Medan and for taking your time to post your positive review. We are delighted to hear that you were enjoying your overall experience and appreciate very much for your feedback on our Front Desk associate which certainly this would be an area for improvement. We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to JW Marriott Medan.