“Perfect”

Ranked #54 of 72 Hotels in Medan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Perfect”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

A great location. Restaurant other than the cafe in hotel is only opposite. Friendly staff. Great environment. Clean room

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Our first impression (but consistence).

The staff who served us really really needs some training about initiative and customer service orientation for a hotel standard. The receptionist's attitude could be better when asking guest's name. I didn't see any id card on her black suit (is she on her training period??). The bell boy, at least could let the guest get the elevator first than the baggage trolley, and close the door after sending meal to guest room. The cross function capability needs some concern. This hotel could be better than this, really.

After all, the room is nice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank andari_85

Travelers are raving about these Medan hotels

malaysia
Reviewed March 28, 2011

the hotel is old but established.smelled of smoke in the lobby and trhe rooms but the staff were very helpful, they sprayed our rooms with air freshner..we were given the older rooms as we got a good rate throgh our travel agent.beds nice and comfy.rooms need some colour as it is too brown.towels nice. tv channels -excellent.breakfast excellent.the most important of all is the service because when we were at at the airport we realised we left something behind and the front office reception made sure we got back our stuff.they send their driver to the airport.fantastic service.the swimming pool is small and plain and located right in front of the restaurant. no privacy. the beautiful part about medan is the tourist spot -lake toba and brastagi ,otherwise there is nothing much to do in medan as there is nothing much to shop.don't shop at PATEN a shop on the way to PARAPAT where they sell their local peanut cake as the shop owner is very arrogant plus it is very expensive..The restaurant located uunder thje IBUNDA HOTEL IS VERY EXPENSIVE .the RESTAURANT GARUDA near pasar ikan is very expensive and their staffs are very rude.if you are seated in the aircond section they will charge you extra 10% plus another 10% for service.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank yasminf
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 3, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a lot for 6 years, and on my last trip before I exit from my work stint in Indonesia I had the worst experience in this hotel. Just as you look forward to going back to the room after a long and tiring day out in the rural areas for work, but I discovered my luggage has been looked through and my worst fears came true. One of my post valuable item, a gift from my family, an iPod was missing along with the cable and casing and accessories. If a hotel room cant even provide safety and security when you leave for the day, I dont even feel secured sleepign at night too. Apparently I was not the only victim. One of my clients, also complained that her locks were being broken at her luggage. Apparently, Housekeeping or whoever was really on a 'shopping spree' to get as many valuables they can get. So, if you really have to stay here, please lock your bags and dont leave anything valuable in your room while you are out.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank juliabee1976
kuala lumpur
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I have make a confirmation to coming to medan since 3 week before.
when i arrive, no body representative pick me n spouse in the airport.That time already 12.00 midnight. Till end, nobody pick up us in the airport.
Bad.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed May 2, 2010

This hotel is accepable. We had one of the new rooms, wich are modern en comfy but really small. Very noisy airco!
Staff is friendly and food is ok. I guess if you have to stay in Medan why not here, if you don't, get out of Medan as soon as possible as this is probably the most ugly and annoying places in Asia!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Asia
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Been to Medan (arguably the ugliest and most annoying city in Indonesia) several times and this hotel, which seemed to offer good value for money, was always fully booked when I inquired. As competition has sharpened these days in Medan, due to some new openings of middle-class-hotels, I was luckier this time.
Well yeah, it was CHEAP (booked through KAHA who were as always by far the cheapest, 290.000 room only or 330.000 with 2 BF) , but that was all about it.
The location is not bad and very near to the airport, but the hotel is OLD, or should I rather say VERY OLD. I chose the cheaper "Superior" version, as I knew I would "splurge it out" the following weekend back in Jakarta in a decent 4-star. well, nothing "superior" with this room, just very OLD, and particularly the carpet looked as if it has been in use in an office for the past 20 years. it was NOT run-down, just everything very very old. most probably, the DELUXE rooms are more nice as they have been renovated, cannot comment on them, though.
Good thing is that the staff is - as has mentioned by other users - indeed very friendly and cordial, the entire ambiance is almost like 4-star, unfortunately, the rooms are maybe just 2,5-stars nowadays. bathroom had the usual standard amenities plus hairdryer and very nice new giant towels of a heavy quality, but I experienced some mould on the ceiling. room has coffee-making facilities plus a stocked Minibar at acceptable prices. the management advertises free WIFI in all rooms (which was actually the reason why I chose to stay here), but it was annoyingly slow and disconnected at least 15 times that evening, and the signal was extremely weak (just 1 or 2 out of 5 on the scale), even my room was located in the middle of the floor and not just in a dark hidden corner. avoid the rooms on the 2nd floor, as they are facing a building just 2 Meters away where hotel staff is doing their work and can watch what naughty things u do in your room, unless u close the wooden sldiing door at the window (no idea why they dont have a curtain instead), which will of course block the daylight entirely as well. breakfast was nothing to write home about, just "sarapan biasa" as Indonesians would say. an almost entirely vegetarin affair, I did not see any sausages, ham, chicken or something like that which can be actually found at any middle-class hotel in Indonesia. the "orang juice" was a disgusting clear yellow-coloured sugarwater, one of the worth I ever had in my life. Good thing about the BF: coffee is nice and they have a waffle-station, which I made use of, as the choice of food was somehow limited otherwise. there is a small pool, but as has been reported already, the location is very odd, as u will be surrounded by diners sitting at the coffee shop. no provace whatsoever, and obviously no one actually uses the Pool. there are plenty of airline-offices on the hotel premises, such as Lion, Air Asia and more, which is an advantage of course. okay, for the price you actually can not complain much, but in case I find a hotel which offers free in-room-internet as well, I will probably choose another place to stay next time I am in Medan. A newer one.
sorry, no pictures as I forgot my digital cam in the seat-pocket on a domestic Lionair-flight a few days ago, including 600 pics that I couldnt back up cause my card reader was broken and very difficult to get one for my xD-picturecard :-((( . and inquiry at the Lion Air "lost-and-found-office" was "negatif". it's Indonesia after all, a poor country....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business