“Would stay again.”

Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Medan
Sydney, Australia
“Would stay again.”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I spent 2 nights at Aryaduta Medan with my partner, overall my experience with the hotel was very positive.

I arrived 6 hours before the check in time (8am) and they managed to make a room available within 5 minutes. The rooms had great facilities (probably the best bed I had slept in the last 3 weeks) and the service was great!

The location is pretty good, just a short walk from Merdak Walk and right above a shopping centre.

I have no complaints about the hotel, staff were always ready to help, the food in the restaurant was expensive but fantastic quality, probably the best meal I ate on my month trip.

If I ever go back to Medan I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
The Hague
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Aryaduta is when you arrive a little bit awkward. You see a mall, step into the elevator to the 9th floor and then come to a very peaceful and convenient hotel. Great staff, good dining and breakfast with a great view over the city. And the rooms and pool are very comfortable.

I would really recommend you to stay here during your trip around Sumatra for an energizing and comfortable break.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rouen, Haute-Normandie, France
Reviewed January 22, 2013

If you need to stay in Medan and wish to escape from the frenzy of this mad city, this is the place to be. The pool is the best luxury-hotel pool I've ever entered. The rooms are of a very high standard. The free upgrade to the one of the poolside rooms was spot on. Free Wifi, very fast. Very good selection of food, Western and Asian. And this at very reasonable prices. I reckon the best deal in town, especially in low season. Breakfast was elaborate. No pork meat however, so I would advise you to stay away from the American breakfast. The mall at the lower levels of the building is a bit run down, but there is a good supermarket. Do not be put off by the building. The hotel is of a totally different, high quality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Utrecht Province, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 15, 2013

High standard at good prices. Very enjoyable! A great escape from sweaty Medan. Excellent service. We were upgraded to poolside room. In the morning we were given private carride to airport, since our plane was leaving relatively early.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank stichtinglekkereten
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and I got more than what I bargained for. You will fall in love with the pool immediately! Yes the real hotel is as good as the pictures. Aryaduta is right in Medan city and it's located above a mall. With a separate entrance to the hotel lobby, you'll be transported to a completely different atmosphere.

Hotel has free and good wifi which was convenient for me. I wish I had more time to spend by the pool side. Hotel rooms are big! Tip - ask for a room in the corner - it's slightly bigger than the rest.

Staff are courteous. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Take a room in the corner, it's bigger, but you would have a smaller view to the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

After a long trip to Medan this hotel was indeed a pleasent surprise. Very close to the airport (about 10 min.), it's located in the center of the city. The hotel has an amazing pool and pool side area. The food in the cafe has a very good selection of both Western and Indonesian Food. My room was big, clean and the TV channel selection is extensive. Bathroom is good with a nice selection of amenities. The breakfast is great, with good coffee and a wide spread. Staff is very friendly especially the concierge downstairs.

Room Tip: They have daily happy hour here from 6 pm.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Anthony S
Nice, France
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The entrance and lobby of the hotel were beauifully decorated with Christmas decorations. Check in was easy, pool was as pictured and clean. The small gym room was very small and lacked equipment. There was just a couple of treadmills and some dumbbells.

The room was huge! Bathroom was equally big, and very clean. My only complaint was the very slow wi-fi access. My room was overall clean, but there were chips laying around on the floor as if the cleaning service forgot to vacuum. Also the sofa had stains all over it. It needed to be cleaned. I would stay in this hotel again, but because of the cleanliness issue and wifi access, I give it 4 stars.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AryadutaMedan, General Manager at Aryaduta Medan, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Steve G,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Aryaduta Medan. We appreciate you taking the time to comment about our hotel. We are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed a wonderful stay with us. To inform you we have just upgraded our WiFi service and speed as of the 2nd of January 2013. The speed and signal quality has now been upgraded two fold. Regarding the cleanliness of the room we have discussed this with our housekeeping department to ensure that this improves. Regarding the sofa’s we are currently cleaning all sofa’s in each room to remove the stains you mentioned.

Again Steve G thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience, we do strive to improve our guest experience and hope that your next stay with us will be even more up to your standards.

Best Regards,