“Touring on the back of a motor”
Review of Roni's Tours

Roni's Tours
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Bukittinggi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: we will show you our culture and nice nature in Sumatra, especially Minangkabau Land.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I took for three days tours on the back of a motorbike. I went to the Harau valley, Lake Maninjau and did the culture tour. I really saw a lot of the area, learned a lot about the history and had a good guide who made the tours fit my expectations! On the second day I got a surprise visit to a Rafflesia that just opened that night! I can recommend this agency for everybody.

1  Thank Jacomijn74
There are newer reviews for Roni's Tours

Reviewed April 10, 2014

A few weeks ago I spent three days enjoying the beautiful scenery and activities around Bukittinggi with Ronis Adventure. Depending if there were other travellers joining we went by shared car or on the back of a motor (also great) with Roni or one of the members of his crew. The tours are really nice, good quality and good value for money. All of them spoke good english and told me a lot about their culture and West Sumatra. But the highlight for me was visiting the bull races. I think they are held once a month on saturday but ask for it and if you have a change visit them! See also some of the photos at this post.

2  Thank Harry0972
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I did the one-day countryside tour by motorbike which was a great introduction to the area and covered a lot of different things in one day. The guide, Putra, spoke good English and was enthusiastic about showing visitors the various sights.

Roni himself is a very likeable guy with a good feel for what backpackers are looking for in a tour. He was also very helpful when I asked to do some activities that weren't in the brochure, setting everything up quickly and efficiently.

1  Thank teaandsympathy
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Yesterday, I went with four other travelers to see bull racing. Although a bit muddy, t was very interesting. There was a carnival atmosphere around the event which made it both fun and interesting.

4  Thank Jim G
Reviewed March 21, 2014

a very nice private driver took us through the beatiful countryside of bukittinggi to batang palupuh, where a private guide took us to the jungle. it was about an hour walk to the flower and quite exhausting. the flower was very beatiful and empressing, the guide gave us a lot of interesting informations about the flower and the other plants in the jungle. then we went to the coffeeplace where they make the organic kopi luwak. the woman told us a lot about how they produce the coffee, it was a great experience and the coffee tastes amazing and is suposed to be very healthy. all in all it was a very good trip, we are very happy that we did it.

3  Thank vera n