All reviews jam gadang old building big clock ngarai sianok walking distance local food breakfast buffet hotel staff strategic location mountain view favorite hotel clock tower soto padang the heart of the city hotel is located traditional market family vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2019

I just stayed at this hotel for 1 night, got a little trouble when check in regarding the room type and the receptionist solved it fast by upgrading my room without extra charge, thank you for this. A pleasant overnight stay. Good property and ammenities, clean and spacious room. Got trouble again regarding the amount to pay when check out and the staff solved it within 1 hour as my request, thanks again.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Yon_Hendri, General Manager at Novotel Bukittinggi, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2019

Dear Suryani,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Novotel Bukittinggi .
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we are waiting for your next visit to Novotel Bukittinggi.

Reviewed February 2, 2019

I am smoker and like to have a room with a veranda or balcony. Very hard to find in Bukittinggi, so I had to opt for the Singgalang Suite at Novotel Bukittinggi. Although I am not a fan of bigger hotels but rather of small familiar and individual accomodation, Novotel Bukittinggi is a nice place to stay. The suite was amazingly spacious and come with eg. two bedrooms, two bathrooms, three TVs and a huge, really huge balcony looking out to the volcanos. It is of course not cheap, but very worth the price. Breakfast was very, very varied and can be enjoyed al fresco in the garden.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Yon_Hendri, General Manager at Novotel Bukittinggi, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2019

Dear Maumere,

Reviewed January 25, 2019

Our group spent three nights here.

Large room, very comfortable king sized bed, but the pillows were too thick for our liking.
Good flat screen TV with numerous English speaking channels. Excellent air conditioning, large openable windows, good refrigerator and a safe.

Very nice bathroom, shower stall with excellent shower head. Door on shower stall, so the bathroom floor does not flood. Lots of shower gel and shampoo.

Very helpful staff.

Excellent buffet breakfast. Good dinners in the hotel dining room

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Yon_Hendri, General Manager at Novotel Bukittinggi, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2019

Dear Valued Guest ,

Reviewed January 15, 2019

Located in the city center and is the nearest hotel to the historic monument of big clock tower "jam gadang", just in front of it. Many tourist attractions are just around this spot and easily reachable by walking.

Date of stay: December 2018
Yon_Hendri, General Manager at Novotel Bukittinggi, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2019

Dear Yori ,

Reviewed January 14, 2019

Big dissapointment. I asked for Non smoking rooms and receptionist told me that all 3 rooms that we rent are non smoking. However I found out letter on (due to the smell and my friend and I recurrent alergy as a result of inhaling the unhealthy air in the mroom) that my room and another room are smoking room. Thru the night, my friend and I were suffering from recurrent allergic due to the smell of the smoking room that we inhaled, event though the hotel changed my room after complaining. It didnt feel like an acoord hotel at all. Big dissapointment

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Makmur,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Bukittinggi . I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Novotel Bukittinggi, we strive to provide a best service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.