“Old but comfy”

Sheraton Lampung Hotel
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Bandar Lampung
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Plus :
+ Old but beautiful lobby interior, love the outdoor space garden.
+ Many lounge area at each floor to hang out
+ Comfy bed (double pillow is a plus) and spacious room
+ Good internet connection
+ Good room amenities (safety box, refrigerator is a plus)
+ Good bathroom amenities (bathrobe, slipper, hairdryer is a plus)
+ Restaurant is beautiful & breakfast Rate B for taste and options.
+ Swimming pool is nice with scenery
+ Fitness Area (sauna room, steam room, whirpool is a plus
+ Helpfull and polite staff
Minus :
- Interior need renovation (Stain at ceiling, bathroom, wall)
- Cleanless (Dust and dirt at furniture and balcony)
- Fitness room need renovation, replace old equipment, update interior
- Old lady at fitness room front desk is quite harsh, and didn't give me towel since "i'm just hotel guest" not regular member

Room Tip: If you like quiet room (like me) : ask room far from lounge area
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Izwan_Jahri, Manager at Sheraton Lampung Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Judezz

Greetings from Sheraton Lampung Hotel!

Thank you for your taking time to share and write at trip advisor your experiences during your stayed at Sheraton Lampung.
We are delighted to know that overall you are enjoyed your stay at Sheraton Lampung, however we do our sincere apologies with regards to cleanliness and also some service in our fitness Center area was not able to meet your expectation .
Your comment and feedback has been shared with the department concerned and it has been followed up for further improvement.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at Sheraton Lampung for about 6 times and I've known this hotel even since I was a young teenager. I really love this hotel because it has stunned and satisfied me by its hospitality and amazing services. I absolutely don't have any complains or critics about the rooms or the facilities because it's all perfect. However, somehow I feel that as the time goes by, the service qualities are decreasing and I just feel like most of the staffs are not as friendly as I stayed at this hotel few years ago. I think the only advice that I would give is the management time should keep their excellent performance and keep watching their employees' work. Also, please make sure that they will be always friendly when they're serving guests.

Stayed: December 2013
Izwan_Jahri, Manager at Sheraton Lampung Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

July 2, 2014

Dear Kevin Wijaya

Great from Sheraton Lampung

Thank you for being wonderful guest and we are delighted to hear that you were enjoying your experience at Sheraton Lampung and share it at trip advisor , and connected with our friendly associate to make your more memorable and always good to back to Sheraton Lampung as your second home whenever you are away from.
We understand that we did not deliver consistency of service like what you did experiences last two years ago, however we will do basic training to mostly new comer of our Front liner associates .

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Sheraton Lampung in the near future and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

On arrival one is quite impressed with the elegant open air lobby, but poor management and maintenance soon reveal this is not a top end establishment. To start with, our group arrived at 4:30 pm and we were told at 4:45 that none of our six rooms were ready and there would be at least a 30 minute wait. After insisting on getting into the rooms, we found out that part of the delay was laundry service and towels were not available. When the towels arrived, they were nice and clean, but not the nice fluffy quality one expects at 5-star hotels. My shower had quite a bit of mildew and the drain barely worked so there was lots of standing water when I finished showering. The stopper in the sink also did not function properly so it could neither be closed nor fully opened for proper drainage. On the plus side, the bed was large, very comfortable and the bed linens were nice and fresh. For some reason, the wardrobe was in the bathroom which meant that clothes would continually be exposed to moisture. Air conditioning was slow to cool, but adequate. It was impossible to read by the puny little shaded light by the bed (one of my pet peeves.)

Dinner at the restaurant was decent, but not outstanding. The breakfast buffet, however, was varied and quite nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbara W
Izwan_Jahri, Manager at Sheraton Lampung Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Bandar Lampung July,27 2014

Dear Barbara

Thank you for taking your time to write a review at tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Lampung Hotel. We really appreciate your comment about your overall experience that room was not ready mostly 30 minute that you have to wait and also some issue on the room were not worked and fucntioned properly and it was not up to standard and did not meet your expectation .

We are absolutely apologize and I have share to my team and to take some action to address this issue to make our guest convenience during stay at Sheraton Lampung

We are looking forward welcoming you back to the Sheraton Lampung in the near future.

Best regard

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed for about 3 nights during April14 and overall the experience was quite satisfying. As bad luck would have it I with some of my friends reached the hotel in the evening and there was a break-down in the power system for a pretty long time. Water in the taps went dry and the hotel was not quite prepared for such a situation however they tried their best to keep the guests under control by supplying water in small bottles. In some rooms water returned by midnight but I got water only the next day around noon after complaining for a couple of times. I would summarize that keeping apart that inconvenience the hotel was very satisfying, rooms spacious and the food served during those days in the restaurant very satisfying for a foodie like me.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms were liked by me
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Izwan_Jahri, Manager at Sheraton Lampung Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Greetings from Sheraton Lampung Hotel

We appreciate your feedback and I am obviously concerned about the issues with the electricity experience; delay of water supplies; and for all of the above, please accept my sincere apologies. Rest assured, I have personally followed up on these issues to the department head concerned, so that they in turn can address these issues with our ongoing quality and development programs.
We are delighted to know that you have good impression with our rooms and food has been shared with Departments concern.
On behalf of Sheraton Lampung family, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was a nice hotel. I got a great room in the top corner, overlooking the pool. Staff were very good. Food was great. The only downside was that the electricity was out in the entire block of rooms when we arrived. They did fix it within an hour or two, and we didn't have any problems after that. I forget how much I paid, but it was reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comment on Tripadvisor during your recent visit to the hotel and detailing the problems you experienced.
We are delighted to learn that your experience with us was an enjoyable one and your gratitude of our Staff and Food has been shared with Departments concern and they were very proud in providing the assistance.
We would like to sincerely apologize for the uncomfortable situation of our electricity problem you had experienced while you arrived. Rest assured, I have personally followed up on these issues to the department head concerned, so that they in turn can address these issues with our ongoing quality and development programs.
On behalf of the team, we look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth Sumatran hospitality at Sheraton Lampung Hotel in a not too distant future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Beautiful hotel and great staff, but the rooms are outdated and I had to call maintenance to repair things three times in a one week stay. Food is better than average but not breathtaking. With a little renovation, could be great.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms; the garden view rooms are better I think.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Izwan_Jahri, Manager at Sheraton Lampung Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear FollowingWallace

Greetings from Sheraton Lampung Hotel
It was great pleasure to have you as our wonderful guest and thank you for taking the time to post your comment regarding your recent visit. Your valued comments and ratings are extremely important enabling us to continually monitor the hotel’s services and facilities, especially in the area of poor maintenance where we were fell short of your expectation, and please accept our sincere apologies for your above experience. And We do on progress to have the room soft refurbishment .
We are delighted to know that you have good impression with our hotel and feel our warm associates. Your comment has been shared with the department concerned and has been followed up for further improvement.

Best regards

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stay here for 2 nights during long weekend. I think it was offering great value comparing to newer budget hotel with almost similar prices. Room and bathroom size was good with their usual comfy bed. The only problem i had with the room was with the ac controller which wasnt properly function. Note to management is to provide more pool towel for the guests (they ran out when i was there).

• Stayed: April 2014
Izwan_Jahri, Manager at Sheraton Lampung Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear mamavanya

It was indeed a pleasure to have you as our guest during your recent stay on last weekend at Sheraton Lampung, and taking the time to write and post feedback. Our sincere apologies with regards to the inconvenience you have experienced with the Air Conditioner in the room, also we have taken the note of less pool towel, and have shared it with the relevant department.
Your valued comments and ratings are extremely important enabling us to continuously improve the hotel’s services and facilities.

I am delighted to learn that your experience with us was a pleasant one and look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in the not too distant future.

Best regard.