“Average huge hotel in Manado”
Review of Aryaduta Manado

Aryaduta Manado
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Manado
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Room are a little bit old fashioned. This hotel has nothing special.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Jose W, General Manager at Aryaduta Manado, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Hello avo777,

Thank you for sharing your short feedback. We are glad that you like our huge spacious room with sea view. We truly hope that you will join us again.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

A very nice hotel with good view in front of the Manado beach

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank fajar a

Hello Fajaratmajaya,

Thank you for sharing such kind words with us. Also, we sincerely appreciate your recommendations. It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope you will join us again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2011

We live in Lembeh and stayed here for a couple of nights on our days off. Centrally located which is perfect for the malls and going out for dinner. Got upgraded to the suite which was great. Room was a good size, housekeeping was good and the air-con worked fine. I think the teething problems of the new ownership are over. We would stay here again as it is one of the better options in Manado. Only improvement would be on the breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helen G

Hello Helen,

Thank you for sharing such kind words. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team will be thrilled to hear we were able to provide you with the service you deserve.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2010

My family planned to stay a week at this hotel, and in the end paid almost $300 (to airlines) to leave 2 nights early. That's a sad statement. The hotel did not notify us they were planning on doing their quarterly water cleaning process the week of our stay. Their quarterly water cleaning process is touted as a benefit (perhaps it is) to customers, however during those days, customers have no water during the day. Our initial notification (letter delivered under door) of the situation was not great, but we tried to take it in stride. Unfortunately the hours of lack of water (11am-5pm) printed on the letter were not entirely accurate as although the water was off/on after 5pm - it was black. We contacted the front desk and they told us it was safe to use. ??? When we insisted they come and take a look - they came and left the taps on and asked us to leave it on until it ran clear.... which it never did and actually the water stopped coming out of the taps again. We dealt with black toilets, black tubs and black sinks until about 7pm and then asked how much longer it would be? We were told it seems the cold water is now clear so just use that for showers. There was no clean hot water the rest of the evening.

At this point I asked to speak to the manager on duty, and was told that she had left ill. I asked if it was because of the lack of clean water - and they responded, "Of course not!"

There was no clean HOT water the next morning... so I asked the front desk if the manager was in and could I speak with her. They asked me to wait in the lobby to speak with her and left me waiting 25 minutes before coming to me and telling me that she's not in. THen they clarified that the past week the General Manager had resigned. The previous day's duty manager suddenly became ill (nothing to do with the water they assured me), and they thought the restaurant manager was now in charge.... So I spoke to the restaurant manager who assured me that in these times he diligently ensures the chefs use bottled mineral water for all cooking. I was comforted to see the chefs sitting with Aqua in front of them. Unfortunately the restaurant manager had little to say about the general water maintenance except it is done quarterly and it is scheduled ahead of time. Later that evening after room service, my son fell sick.

I asked to speak to the manager the next morning as my family had decided to leave Manado early and go back home. We had had enough after my son's health got worse. I spoke to a woman who had just been promoted to "GM - in charge" position. Prior to that day she was the executive housekeeper. So I suppose the maid is now running the hotel. She basically confirmed they have to do the water maintenance to ensure clean water to guests the majority of time. She apologized for inconvenience and arranged for our airport transportation.

So perhaps they were using mineral water (vs tap) for the cooking, but perhaps they didn't have hot water for hand washing? We'll never know. Our general doctor at home said my son had a case of food poisoning.

When you visit Manada - you will probably go diving/snorkelling during the day. When you arrive back at the hotel, you WILL want to shower. At this hotel, it was a gamble to shower, or eat, or drink. If you are looking for a hotel where you don't need to shower, eat, or drink - then Ritzy is for you! In the future I wouldn't stay at Ritzy again- too much of a gamble. I am always wary of places where there is little or no accountability when things go wrong - different manager every day...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Jose W, General Manager at Aryaduta Manado, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Hello Jasmine,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from past recent stay. We are terribly sorry to hear your stay did not meet your expectations. Now Ritzy hotel no longer exist. It's now Hotel Aryaduta Manado, new owner, new management and new commitment to guest satisfaction.

We hope you will accept our sincere apologies and allow us the opportunity to serve you again soon. Please give me a call when you are visiting Manado.

Reviewed March 26, 2010

We stayed 2 nights here (prebooked), just to see the town before heading to Bunaken.

Upon entry the hotel looks very nice, deluxe, recently renovated.
Then when we enter our room it is bloody hot and the (central) aircon is blowing hot air.
It seems the owner of the hotel failed to pay the electricity bill, got cut off and is now running on a generator in the basement which is obviously not strong enough to power the central air conditioner.

Locals told us this is not the first time the Hotel is cut of and runs on the generator for a long time, so be ware if you plan to pre-book online !

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Bart_Elly,

Now Ritzy hotel no longer exist, under the new owner it becomes Hotel Aryaduta Manado. Its now under new management, renovated hotel and committed to guest satisfaction

We hope you will accept our sincere apologies and allow us the opportunity to serve you again soon. If you happen to be in Manado again please let me know.

Reviewed March 11, 2010

I stay at this hotel with a big conference group from indonesia,actually this hotel is one of the best few years ago in Manado but the condition is look old and lack of maintenance,even during my stay there some rooms running out of water in the evening.They have several restaurant and the food they are serving is not bad in term of food taste and quality of food...

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

Hello Mariop79,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your past stay. We are terribly sorry to hear your stay did not meet your expectations. Now Ritzy hotel no longer exist. It is now Hotel Aryaduta Manado, with new owner, New Room Renovation, added facilities and New Commitment for guest satisfaction.

Reviewed February 18, 2010

Stayed one night there. The price tag is pretty close to the 3 stars Formosa Hotel Manado, hence pretty good bargain (large room, bath tub, swimming pool overlooking the sea). It oriented east-west hence you can watch sun set and sun rise through the window. Mega Mall is a mere walking distance. A port to go to Bunaken is also nearby. I would pick this hotel on my next visit to Manado.
PS: No WIFI @room when I was there - they said it is being installed.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

Hello Nikonian76,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your past stay. Now Ritzy hotel no longer exist. It is now Hotel Aryaduta Manado, with new owner, New Room Renovation, added facilities and New Commitment for guest satisfaction.