“Highly recommended - will be back!”
Review of Scuba Republic

Scuba Republic
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Would highly recommend Scuba Republic. The staff is warm, friendly and incredibly knowledgeable - AND the owner is an accomplished underwater photographer (check out their website!). The number of times the dive guides pointed out critters (small and big) hidden/camouflaged around the dive sites! I would've passed right over them without a second glance. There were seahorses (one pregnant), octopus hidden in clam shells, ribbon eels, rockfish...and this is not to mention the big stuff like sharks and turtles (and heaps of others but not being a scientist I am allergic to remembering names of marine life).

Even though the shop had just opened when we went, we had no trouble with rental hire (and there were 10 of us, needing varying types of equipment) and everything was reasonably priced and new to boot. They planned and prepared everything for us, so that all we had to do was show up.

The centre is located within a resort and less than 2 minutes from where the dive boat is docked. The boat is not luxurious but more than adequate if your purpose is to dive (or even just lie there and sunbake). I would definitely go back. Thanks Eugene and Joan!

1  Thank kwenx
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Absolutely great and fun experience with Scuba Republic! They are friendly, professional and helpful and they provided excellent guidance all the way from diving to food and tourism. One thing I especially like about this shop is they have very new and safe dive gears and their gears are fully stocked in variable sizes (from xxs to xxl). Their equipment rental is charged on a per piece basis. I have my own dive suit, fins and masks so I only needed to pay for the rent of the BCD, reg, and weight belt which the prices are very reasonable. I have dive with 2 other dive shops before and both of them charged me the price of a full set when I just rented 2/3 pieces of equipment.

The dive sites were mostly wonderful and unforgettable. The not so wonderful two dives (any suggestions?) were due to low visibility (there was one day where the water was very murky) but generally there were a lot to see - saw a few mantas, big turtles, lion fishes, rock fishes, and whitetip reef sharks, frogfish, octopus, fire sea urchins and lots of lots of other interesting sea lives.

The resort is very nice and clean. It has its own dock and it took me just around one minute to walk from my room to the dock to get on the dive boat. It truly was a wonderful experience diving with Scuba Republic. I certainly will go there again, will also go to Raja Ampet next time.