“Not angler friendly”

Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Manado
Singapore
“Not angler friendly”
Reviewed October 18, 2008

The hotel was ok. But for keen anglers, don't expect much support from the hotel! A real pity because Manado does provide good fishing opportunities. nuff said...

Stayed October 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 6, 2008

Sedona is one of the 5 star hotel in Manado but I was still worried about the quality of the hotel because I tried checking up for reviews but to no avail. No traveller's pixs to refer as well.

But be assured, what you see in the pix of the hotel at any webpage, it is exactly what you get. Though the style of the room is more towards the 'older fashion' design compared to 5 stars like Sheraton, Marriot or even upgraded Holiday Inns, it is still 'cosy.' It's clean and comfortable with even sufficient TV channels to watch if you are not up for the outdoors. Bathroom is clean with no complains.

Most pixs of the hotel looks via the net is barren without much trees. Well, now that it's older, the coconut trees have grown. So the pool side looks decently cosy. The only funny thing I discovered is the parasol by the poolside, it's transparent instead of the usual shade most parasol gives so watch out for the sun!

Also, the hotel area is HUGE, so one can easily jog around the compound with ease.

This hotel however has a man made beach made of yellowish/white sand. The water is clear and clean but no one seemed to dip themselves. By evening, the tide will be low thus leaving a less beautiful sight of the base of the beach (stones).

This hotel is a relatively quiet one where most guests would leave for the day for diving or some trips, leaving the poolside and beachfront with ample space to hang around. No worries.

Selection of food is limited as well with 1 main restaurant. Prices are of hotel standard and breakfast is reasonably good. But if you wish go out for food, you can catch the hotel van or charter a taxi. The concierge can assist to call for a taxi but be ready to fork a sum for transportation. The hotel is actually far away from the city centre.

But above all, what I love most about Sedona is the absolutely friendly and warm service of their staff. They are ever smiling, greeting, helpful and ever ready to serve...

• Liked — Friendly, ever helpful and warm staff
  • Disliked — Only 1 restaurant to eat while the hotel is far away from town centre
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
singapore
Reviewed December 30, 2007

We were there from 14 to 19 Dec 2007. The service was excellent and the attention given to us was 100%. We wanted a birthday cake and we got one compliment from the hotel. We wanted a new room as the air con in ours was not working properly and we got ours upgraded without extra charge. The service personnel at the swimming ppol should not go unmentioned. Always taking care of our towel needs and forever courteous in their service.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed November 10, 2007

We were staying at the hotel from 7th Novemeber to 10th November. Upon return to SIngapore, we found our camera missing from my hand luggage. My husband and I were using the camera in the hotel car that took us to the airport and did not use the camera subsequently. I also saw it on the car seat during the ride and thought my husband would keep it.

Having had rather good service during the stay, I called the hotel immediately on the same day of departure to enquire about the missing camera. The lady I spoke with took down my number and said she will call me back. To my disappointment, I received no calls from them and when I called back, she commented that the driver has gone home and someone will contact me the next morning.

The next morning, I had to call the hotel again. It was a different person I spoke with. She knew immediately it was us calling but mentioned that "her boss" said to check with the person who cleaned the room first and she had no answers for me yet. I told her that we left a message with the night staff clearly that the camera was left in the car and there was no need to check the rooms. Again, promises of "I'll call you back" were made, unfortunately, no one called us back again.

My husband called them back and was told that the driver said there were no cameras found. They even asked for our number to call us when we had already left it the night before.

I find it a pity that our original good stay has been marred by this incident. The hotel only had one restaurant. Certain items on the menu was good while others were average.

The resort itself was well kept also because it is brand new. When we checked in, we were brought to a room with 3 electricians still working on the sockets. They kept telling us it was alright to come in. I felt a little strange as we paid for the room, shouldn't we be the ones telling them it's ok or not to be in the room? After waiting for half an hour, my husband called front desk to tell them we really like some privacy and can we be transferred to another similar room. They did so with little fuss but it kind of spoilt the first impression of the nice and spacious beach front room.

We went diving with Euro Divers and the dives and service were execellent. We also tried the Martha Tilla spa two nights in a row as the experience was excellent. The spa staff, services, rooms were a total pleasant experience.

The next day, we asked for a cab to take us to town as we missed the free shuttle for that hour. We were charged rather exhorbitantly for a short ride in that region but paid for it without questioning as we were hungry and wanted to get to the seafood restaurants in town quickly.

It is such a pity for the staff to respond badly to our enquries on the camera that we saw lying in the back seat of the car. The hotel stay would have been much better if they had been more responsive.

• Liked — Euro Divers and Martha Tilla Spa
  • Disliked — Inefficient response from staff with regards to enquries on missing camera
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chivas02
Java
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I stayed in Sedona Hotels ( Manado ) in our honeymoon trip.
It was just a lovely hotel I ever stay.
Excellent Room
Excellent Food
Professional Service given to us as honeymooner.
We do appreciate of all services given to us, It will be a memorable trip forever. Our big thanks to Ms. Putu Yeni who create a candle light dinner for us.
Toto H. Sapto Widodo