“Best Muck diving”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manado
Two Fish Divers Lembeh
Ranked #1 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Manado
lisboa
“Best Muck diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed at Two fish divers lembeh from 9 jan - 15 jan.
We loved the atmosphere , frendly staff we feel like in family.
diving are the Paradise for photography, no currents.
excelente diving guides (thanks Doan).
Excelent food (thanks Ratni and Hanny)

Keep the resort like it is.

Luis e Paula

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lmbr83

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I did my Divemaster internship with Two Fish in both Bunaken and Lembeh for four weeks in July and August last year.

As an 18 year old travelling alone, I found this was the perfect place to be. Admittedly I had little involvement in the paying of the trip (it was a gift from my parents) so I can't honestly say anything to do with that, but it was a wonderful experience I will never forget.

The staff - from the dive guides to the instructors and managers - were all lovely and kind. We all had lots of banter and it was great interacting with everyone.

The budget room was basic and I had to share a bathroom but honestly, I was not expecting anything more. The food was good - although I couldn't tolerate the spiciness, I found away around that and often had Tempe, tofu or veggie fritters.

While I was there I also started up yoga and made wonderful friends both in the guests diving with us and in the fellow DM and yoga instructor. The resort is small and it's hard to go anywhere to be alone or get away, but I coped and actually really enjoyed myself.

The diving on the Strait is fantastic. I had never been muck diving before this point and I have to say, I'm not sure how satisfying reef diving will be for me now!! The guides take into account all the things you want to see and do their very best to take you places where you could find them. The diving becomes incredible when you begin to find the hidden creatures yourself instead of just relying on your guide.

The night diving was, for me, the best thing. We had incredible fun, even if we were a bit chilly, and saw an abundance of different things. From bobbit worms and blue bobtail squids to free swimming crabs and every type of octopus possible. After over two weeks there, I finally got the wunderpus I'd been searching for!!

As a DMT, it was a lovely place to do all of my skills and dives, though it would be better if there was a pool to do the skill circuit as opposed to open water. My swim tests were tiring against the current but fun all the same, especially when the guide I was towing said he would tow me back to shore! My snorkel test was crazily fun and we had a great time socialising with the dive guides, both on evenings in the bar and afternoons filling out log books.

I would highly recommend a DMT in Bunaken and Lembeh - the travel between the two is very easy and sorted out for you. The two locations complement each other and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Oh my goodness. Two Fish can only be congratulated on their responses to these two very sad individuals. These were such perfectly written responses that I feel very little needs to be added to this other than to say 'hear hear' !!! I was one of the guests in the middle of this debacle and the man's behaviour was absolutely appalling. His only response to physically attacking those beautiful dogs was to verbally abuse everyone with nasty name calling. How very adult! As for the woman's suggestion of setting up her own diving resort ... She's joking right ?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ScubaBabe104
wellington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

About the best dive resort I've stayed at. Great staff, nice facilities and rooms, professional dive service, superb diving.

I did find the pricing structure rigid and complicated however. Also it was somewhat overpriced. If I compare to Bunaken where I did night dives (with just me and the guide) at a different operator for 30 Euro a night including all equipment, then Two Fish Lembeh night dives were overpriced at 40 Euro, plus about 10 Euro extra for equipment and then another 5 Euro if you wanted a light. That is a bit money hungry IMO as 40 Euro for the dive already ensures a good profit margin.

I had two amazing night dives at Two Fish Lembeh so would have been happy with the fee. However the third and final dive was a lazy house reef option at a so called "new spot". I can see why this spot wasn't listed on the map because the dive was a complete lemon compared to the previous night dives and just a waste of time and money for the three divers present. Very annoyed with this dive when world class muck diving was only 15 minutes away and I only had three days of diving.

Other than my comments above this place is a good option as long as they don't waste peoples time with lame house reef dives.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank longjourneys
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

This was my 7th visit to Lembeh 2 Fish, since 2009 and as far as I'm concerned it is an excellent, well run dive centre. It's great value for money and the dive guides make sure you see the best there is on every dive site. I was there for 16 days over Christmas & New Year, and saw everything you could expect on a muck diving wish list. The staff are friendly and helpful. The food is good quality and plentiful, and there is a clear rationale on fish dishes, using fresh water fish only, as they do not feel they can support local commercial fishing practice.
Regarding the recent comments about the dogs, they are friendly, clean and healthy, they do not pester guests and to describe them as a pack of street dogs is simply not true. Kicking dogs, quite apart from being totally inapproariate, is more likely to get you bitten than ignoring them, and the fact that the dogs did not retaliate simply reinforces this. The overall very high quality of the reviews for this centre speak for the majority.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Phuket
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I was at the resort at the same time as the man who complained about the dogs .I'll not respond to his views as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The fact that this is my 9th visit to the resort says it all. I'll also not comment on his behaviour and language whilst at the resort as this is not the appropriate forum.

On a point of clarification,there are 4 dogs at the resort, one of which is a 3 month old puppy. They are family pets and treated as such by the managers, all the staff and the guests. They are not in the least bit aggressive and enjoy being petted and stroked by the guests and are well behaved. They add to the friendly and family atmosphere of the place.

The description of them as street dogs or like Australian dingos is laughable and couldn't be further from the truth.

Come to the resort and judge for yourself.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Nicole J
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I will write a long review when I get back to the states, I just wanted to address the latest 1 star reviews from the Indonesian girl and the guy from new York.
The four dogs that are pets of the resort are the sweetest and most loving dogs that I have encountered on my month long vacation to this side of the world. I was at the resort at the same time as these sad individuals and was horrified to see the man go out of his way to kick one of the dogs in the stomach. The dog was not charging the girl, it was the other way around. The man charged the dog who was not on the path. This after he had already punched one of the other dogs and stomped on a puppy!!!! These people were abusing animals that were never threatening them. The man then verbally abused me and four other ladies who had been happily staying there. I will not repeat the things he said as this is an all ages site. They are angry because the amazing resort asked them to leave because of how they were abusing the pets and other guests. I will write more about the awesome place when I get home.

• Stayed January 2014