“Average room, but delicious room service food” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Manado Quality Hotel
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Manado
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Average room, but delicious room service food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

When I arrived in Manado, I was initially upset with the hotel's services because the airport pick-up I had ordered didn't arrive on time. When I called the hotel, at first they said the driver was stuck in traffic. They then changed their answer to say the driver had to stop a petrol station to refuel. It was unbelievable; my flight had been delayed an hour, which I didn't inform the hotel. So even if the car, for whatever reason had to be late, at maximum they should've been an hour late - which meant that by time I arrived they should've been waiting for me. But no, the car was nowhere to be seen. I had to wait for almost an hour in the airport's lobby which was crowded with dodgy taxi drivers and was therefore unsafe. In total my airport pick-up, which I had ordered, was 2 hours late!

Quality Hotel was located far away from the airport, and I had a meeting that day. So you can imagine how furious I was. As a result of the driver being late, after he picked me up he had to rush back to the hotel so I wouldn't be (terribly) late to my meeting - again, making my trip unsafe on the road.

After this terrible service, what improved my mood upon checking-in was the reception's polite and helpful attitude. The hotel was also not what I had expected. The building was quite big, the facilities were good and it was near a big shopping mall, so if you find yourself in need of basic necessities, you can easily make the short trip across the road.

Room was okay. The in-room wi-fi was good. Browsing was pretty fast, but don't expect watching a high-quality video on Youtube without patchy connection. Bed was comfortable, bathroom facilities were good, mini bar was barely empty with a few chocolate bars and soft drinks.

However, the highlight of the hotel was the food. It was delicious. I ordered fish woku for dinner, which is a traditional Manado cuisine and something you have to try. It was superb! It would've been disappointing if a Manado hotel couldn't do Manado food right, but thankfully this hotel did the dish justice and more. Impressed, for lunch the next day I ordered nasi goreng (fried rice) which was equally delicious, and pisang goreng (banana fritters) which were the right combination of sweet and crispy. In the end, I left the hotel with a good enough impression despite how my trip began,

To sum up, the Manado Quality Hotel is a good enough hotel for business and family travel. Make sure you reiterate to the hotel any reservation detail that you demand, and try the room service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel works well for the business traveller, with exceptions noted below. It is clean, well located with staff who try to help. I started using it about three years earlier when the Ritzy (about 2 kilometres away, also near the water) just got too disorganized and dirty. I was attracted to the Quality because it was clean, for the most part. Negatives include extraordinarily weak internet service. When it did work, it was so slow that anything but very simple pages would not load. In fact, this is so bad that I had to go the new Lion Hotel (across the street) in order to get work done. Because I was at the hotel for 5 days it wasn't as if I could think, oh well, I will wait till I'm somewhere else. The elevator is also a hassle. It employs the technology whereby you have to insert your card to be able to get to your room floor. During the days I was there, I had to get a new card at least 6 times. The card would always work on the room door, but not the elevator. This was another real hassle. I'd also say that it is reasonable to expect a better lineup of TV channels, and it is frustrating when the movie you are watching goes off line 3/4 of the way through. The best news for this hotel is that the breakfast is very much improved over past years. I quite liked it and have discovered it is not easy to get a good, varied menu, fast breakfast at a Manado Hotel. Finally, the biggest positive change at the Quality is the increasingly restricted public smoking areas. It used to be that I had trouble just sitting in the restaurant. That is now greatly improved. With all that said, I will by trying the Lion Hotel on my next visit. I need stable internet.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator area.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MickeyJay
Gorontalo, Sulawesi Utara, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Has a strategic location in the business district Manado. Closed to the culinary, entertainment and shopping centers in Manado. Had best variable rates for business activities.. Located near to the sea port, only a 30 minutes to Bunaken islands..

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying at this hotel for business reason. Nothing is too high or too low during my stay. The best advantage is that this hotel located near from foodie places and the price is remarkable. In every single room you'll find wired internet connection. Unfortunately this hotel has no swimming pool, maybe you can swim directly in the beach in front of this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles,CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Love the hotel. Stayed in the same hotel few years back and the quality of service is still awesome. friendly staff and clean room and bathroom. Defintely recommend for everyone who like to stay close in the city and beach and shopping mall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robin H
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I like the room size, design, cleaness, equipments. Breakfast with very good menu. Bubur Manado, served with variety of contents. I like the location, in the main road of the city. My suggestion: get the room with mountain view, the beautiful scenery of Minahasa hinterlands and some beach view.

• Stayed October 2013
Malang, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great place, just beside ocean to bunaken. But the view now blocked by reclamation building. Located at boulevard,the most crowded sightseeing place in Manado. Near the mall and seafood restaurant. The cleanliness are amazing, even some stuff in the room need refurbishment. Complete amenities in the bathroom w shower. But the aircondition not so cold in hot manado city.Staff are polite n helpful. Wifi available for free. Breakfast not much option, but its alright n delicious (try famous 'bubur manado').. Value for money too. Simply 4 stars from me.

• Stayed October 2013