“Convenient, Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aston Manado Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Aston Manado Hotel
Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Manado
Suva, Fiji
“Convenient, Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed for two nights in Aston hotel, between our trips to Pulisan and Tomohon. Our objective was to get around in the city easily and fast, and the hotel worked well. The staff are helpful and nice. The breakfast is very good, and I'm saying this mainly because of a local porridge they serve with fresh herbs, highly recommended. We also used the gym, quite good for the place, you could see that people from Manado use it too. On the negative side, our room, although not a smoking room, smelled like cigarette, the kind of smell that is ingrained in the furniture.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Rosenheim, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Ideal base for a few days in Northern Sulawesi. Ivan was always present and has shown himself as a good guide. Vladi proved to be a good driver. Mario and the girls in the restaurant made breakfast a pleasent event, with lots of choices.
Bobby Siswara the general Manager was ubiquitous and gave excellent example to his staff.
Language skills of staff at reception could be better. This lack lead to some minor misunderstandings, or slow reaction to a few of our requests. They made efforts to help, though.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Frakel 1

Tabea.................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

It was a pleasure to have you with us for a few days and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I sincerely thank you for your great review and for sharing it on TripAdvisor. Thank you for high light our quality product and services that is appreciated. I learn also some input which will be for sure very useful for our improvement. I will work with human resources team to spend more time on English lesson for the staff to improve their English languages to avoid the miss communication you experienced.
I am very happy that we were able to surpass your expectation and that you had a memorable stay with us.
I look forward to the pleasure of a return visit and to welcoming you back at Aston Manado.

best wishes,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We booked online, the hotel's own website - it was the cheapest at the time.
We stayed in a deluxe room; there didn't seem to be much difference between this and the superior - they were also the same price at this time.

Check-in went smoothly - a glass of juice was offered while we waited.
Our deluxe room was on the third floor - same as the spa and gym, also the floor below the ballroom. We were concerned that it may be noisy on this floor but it was very quiet, despite a function taking place in the ballroom.

The room was nice, although a little worn in places. The furniture arrangement was also slightly odd.
The bed was amazingly comfortable with large, fluffy cushions - we had two great nights of sleep.

We placed the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door during our stay. On three separate occasions on the same day, three different members of staff either knocked or phoned for housekeeping. In my opinion, this shows lack of communication and from a consumer point of view it was overkill.

We ate at the restaurant on our first night. It is a large area, unfortunately we were half of their diners that evening - no atmosphere despite an attempt at live music. Our disappointment didn't end here..
We really enjoy spicy (rica-rica!) food but the beef dish we ordered was so hot, it was barely edible. (Most restaurants catering to a Western palette ask how spicy you would like the dish - they didn't.)
The other dish we ordered, a tasty chicken dish arrived undercooked.
We expected so much more from a four star hotel.

Thankfully, breakfast the next morning was to a much higher standard. The waitress was really helpful and super-friendly. Food choices were in abundance and all very tasty. There was about a dozen stations, all catering differently; omelettes, fruit, pastries, Indonesian cuisine etc.

Our second morning, we had an early flight. When we explained to reception there was no problem in organising a take-away breakfast. It was waiting, ready for us at 4.30am the next morning. This was great service.

The hotel is located along the main hotel strip in Manado. You are only a short mikrolet journey (3000rp per journey) into town (They stop outside the hotel to any point along their route) or a taxi to the megamall area is only around 15,000rp.
Our bluebird taxi to the airport only cost 50,000 - this was at 4.30am - there was no traffic!

Pros:
-Good customer service at front desk.
-Excellent breakfast food and staff.
-Extremely comfortable bed.

Cons:
-Restaurant during dinner service.
-Lack of communication in Housekeeping team.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nancy K
Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I frequently go to Manado for business trips and I always stay at this hotel. The hotel always makes me feel welcomed and comfortable.
The hotel is located right in city centre. Rooms are kept nice and clean. Breakfast was also great. But what impressed me the most is the level of service. I have been to many hotels around the world and there are not many where all the staffs (including the General Manager) were all smiles and tried their best to make your stay enjoyable. How often would you see a General Manager (Mr. Bobby) greeting guests and even helping out during breakfast peak hour. Two thumbs up to Mr Bobby, Mr Kelvin and all their team

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sid B
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Sid B

Tabea....................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your wonderful experiences during your stay with us on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to know that you had a great stay with us and were pleased with our facilities and services.
Guest satisfaction is our top priority. I will definitely pass on your compliments to our associates, so that they may - be recognized for their efforts.
Once again thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to Aston Manado in the near future.

yours sincerely,
Aston Manado .
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed in the Aston Manado for 2 weeks on a business trip. I have rarely been in a hotel where people tried so hard to please and where so friendly as here, I honestly felt very much at home and treated like a VIP! Everybody went out of their ways to make the stay better and more enjoyable. I was even photographed in the lobby one morning while waiting for my driver and found, upon my return in the evening, a framed picture of myself with thanx from the hotel for staying there. The room on the 9th floor was spacious with a nice view towards the ocean. The bed was very comfortable. Cleanliness in the room was good, also a nice touch is the free tea/coffee facility and the 2 bottles of free water per day. Improvable would be the hot/cold water in the shower, some clients I overheard talking about having only cold water, while I only had hot water during my stay. Also the place mats in the breakfast room/restaurant have not been changed once during the 2 weeks despite very obvious stains. The Manado offers free albeit weak WiFi in the room, unfortunately the SAT TV does not have any international news stations but gives access, with permanent “snow-storms” on the screen, to some English HBO movies. Unfortuntately no pool. Should I return to Manado, I would definitely try to stay there again. Thanx to the hotel team and management for the pleasant time.

Room Tip: higher floors facing towards the ocean, traffic noise but exceptional sunsets over the volcano
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Kher P

Tabea.......................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

On behalf of the entire team at the Aston Manado, I would like to thank you for staying with us and writing a review on TripAdvisor.

We are all very happy to learn that you enjoyed our services along 2 weeks stayed with us and also the comfortable room with its view facing the ocean. It is truly encouraging that your appreciated the professional and friendly services delivered by our associates.

I will look into your comment on the cold and hot water of shower, TV channel and cleanliness of placed mat at our restaurant. I assure you , if you visit us again all the things mentioned has been addressed seriously to shown you that our aim to exceed your expectations. The guest satisfaction is our top priority.

The entire team at Aston Manado is looking forward to welcoming you back in the future to experiences more.

yours sincerely,
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Spent ten days here for business meetings. The room was comfortable and roomy enough, with a nice view of the ocean and islands.
The staff are very friendly, and from day one were greeting me by name. English is a struggle for most of the wait staff and front desk. It was usually possible to find someone who could help.
Breakfast was included, and had a variety of Indonesian dishes as well as an omelette bar. I tried some of the Indonesia dishes at breakfast, but the meat and fish were always leftovers and overcooked.
We used a conference room for most of the weekdays, and were very satisfied with the facilities. Lunch was included, and was entirely Indonesian, with good variety (although each day was mostly a repeat). Again the fish and chicken were overcooked and tough, but otherwise we enjoyed the food.
Internet was free and fairly reliable, but not good enough for even low bandwidth video.
Location is downtown, within walking distance of department stores and all kinds of shopping, as well as restaurants.
Staff likes: Brigitta was the most helpful problem solver.
I would be willing to return on my next trip.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear GeorgeI18N

Tabea.......................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

On behalf of the entire team at the Aston Manado, I would like to thank you for staying with us and write a review on TripAdvisor.

We are all very happy to learn that you enjoyed the location of the hotel in the strategy district business, the meeting facilities with its food and also comfortable room with its view facing the island and ocean. It is truly encouraging that your appreciated the professional and friendly services delivered by our associates.

I and training department taken a note and action seriously on how to improve wait staff English.

Best wishes
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

You can find some quite place to get rest for bussines trip here. Location in mid of the town, easily to get you anywhere in town. And if you do stay at aston, you may find Ester for your help advisor, she's really nice and in my experience she treated me with excellent manner.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Okids
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Okids

Tabea.................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Aston Manado on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to know that you had a great stay with us and were pleased with our services and facilities. Guest satisfaction is our top priority.
Our location is in the heart of the business district and very strategic as you mentioned and easy to reach any direction for both of business and tourism .
Once again thank you very much for staying with us and compliments. I and team looking forward to welcoming you back at Aston Manado in the near future

best wishes,