“First timer and likely not my last”
Review of Aston Manado Hotel

Aston Manado Hotel
Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Manado
Fort Myers, Florida
“First timer and likely not my last”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a lovely hotel property stuck back away from the water on what feels like a side street to me.
The people are very personable and courteous. They epitomize the Indonesian culture (IMHO) by trying to provide the best service they can. I have been here for just 2 days of a 10 day stay and if I've been asked my name once I've been asked a dozen times. Very friendly people.
I had a problem with the hot water in my room and everyone of the staff were aware of my problem. I was asked by several staff if everything was to my satisfaction.
The Breakfast is pretty typical with the Indonesian fare and the western (omelets, beef sausage, etc.). Not stellar but tasty.
Lunch has been from the buffet both days. First day the food was a little cool but after answering the question "How was everything" the second day was more to temperature. The choice for lunch was pretty good both days with a beef, chicken and fish dish and noodles. The soup was superb both days. Today's was an asparagus egg drop that was delicious.
Dinner off the menu was Australian Beef Tenderloin in black pepper sauce with mashed potatoes and vegetables. The steak was absolutely the best I've had in months. I started with a chicken soup that was very tasty.
All in all, your best choice is off the menu as the buffet doesn't have as much to choose from.
I think this place is a keeper!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim W
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Jim W

Tabea......................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your experience during your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you had a great stay with us and were pleased with our food and services.
Guest satisfaction is our top priority I will definitely pass on your comments to our associates, so that they may - be recognized for their effort.
We apologize for the inconvenience of the hot water problem, we will try to be more concerned to do room checking to make sure all are work properly.
Once again thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to Aston Manado in the near future.

best wishes,
Aston Manado

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is a good hotel for either holidays or business. The location of the hotel is very central, with easy access to most of the shopping Malls, shops, restaurants, .....etc. Lots of taxis around. The mini taxi (for public) are aplenty and near by. The rooms are well kept with coffee maker and supply of tea and coffee bags. There is Wi-Fi in the room, and free computer usage in the business centre. There is also a gym and spas, which provides various types of treatments. The breakfast is good. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Good value for the stay!

Room Tip: Ask for room on high floor. get up either early in the morning to view the sun-rise or late evening...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank 313globetrotter
Dear 313globetrotter

Tabea....................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I sincerely thank you for your great review and for sharing it on TripAdvisor. Thank you for high lighting our strategic hotel location, quality services and products, that is very much appreciated.
I am very happy that we were able to surpass your expectation and that you had a memorable stay with us.
I look forward to the pleasure of a return visit and to welcoming you back at Aston Manado.

best wishes
Manado, Indonesia
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Today (April 7) we arrived at the Aston Hotel in Manado. We had a warm welcome with a cold drink and refreshment towel. The check in took no longer than a few minutes.

We got a room at the 9th floor with ocean view, but there were big fans running due to maintenance at the carpet. The fans were making a lot of noise, but anyway we didn't hear them as loud in our the standard room. After we went into Manado and came back in the hotel the TV was not working.

We mentioned the to problems at the front desk. The offered solution was that we got an up- grade to another room at the 6th floor, no fans and the TV was working fine.

The food, drinks and service in the restaurant are excellent, with special thanks to Amelia ;-)

Ralph & Silvia

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rao800
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Ralph and Silvia

Tabea.......................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Aston Manado on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room, our food and services. We apologize for the inconvenience from the blower noise, we will try to be more concerned to the timing of our maintenance in the future.
Once again thank you very much for your comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Aston Manado.

Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed in Aston Manado whilst travelling for business to Bitung and was very pleasantly surprised. All staff go out of their way to be friendly and when we checked in they took our photos and presented us with framed Manado Hotel picture! What a great idea.
Special mention to Merry who works in breakfast bar, excellent service and all with a smile!
Will stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ralph D
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Ralp D

Tabea...............................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our services and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our associates and so that they may be recognized for their efforts. It is also great to learn that you appreciated our gift photo, its facilities and services. We will be more than happy to welcome you at cinnamon lounge, our spa and fitness on your next visit.
Again, thank you for your comments and We are looking forward to welcome you back at Aston Manado.

Jakarta
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Visited for full day business meeting on Saturday 30 March 2014 at Aster Room. Nice arrangement with great snacks. However, lunch is not so great, not so much choices. They have sports theme in restaurant, but the arrangement looks terrible

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rahadhian
Dear Rahadhian

Tabea........................warm greeting from Aston Manado

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our snacks and meeting package. I am sorry for the inconvenience during lunch and the fact you didn't think the sports theme was all that great. Our guest satisfaction is our top priority and we always strive to fulfill their request whenever possible. I will review this again with my food and beverage team and see if we can do a more exciting sports theme.
On behalf of my staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future with another experiences with us.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 24, 2014

good hotel with neat rooms, nice service and delicious food. Friendly and helpful staff especially Fian, the man who will always say hello to you everytime you passed security checking. Breakfast was so good and delicious.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sonyaksa
Dear Sonyaksa

Tabea.........................Warm greeting from Aston Manado!

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful experiences with us, and enjoyed our food and services.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words regarding our associates hospitality, so that they may - be recognized for their efforts.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Aston Manado for another wonderful experiences with us.

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Already my 2nd stay at Aston. Perfect location close by shopping area Blv Piere Tendean.
Classic rooms, big shower cabin. Flat TV, mini bar etc.
Big breakfast buffett with all you could ask for.
Most friendly staff throughout North Sulawesi!
Brand new website with better comunication then before.
On arrival, hot water in bathroom wasn't working, but that was fixed imediately!
Very special thanks to Mr. Calvin, Ms. Brigita, Ms. Esther and Mr. Ivan! I'll always come back!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ChrisFromParadise
Dear ChrisFromParadise

Tabea..................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

Thank you very much for your compliments on our hotel location, facilities and services.
I am glad to know that Aston Manado hotel has lived up your expectation. Our guest satisfaction is our top priority and we always strive to fulfill their request whenever possible.
On behalf of staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

best wishes,