“very nice location, good food and slow service”

Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Manado
“very nice location, good food and slow service”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The rooms are new and clean, the bed is comfortable and the surroundings are very nice. While the staff is friendly and provide assistance with everything, the service in the bar and restaurant is terribly slow. Even, when there are very few other guests around. There is room for improvement here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GM_NovotelManado, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for your review. Please accept our apologies for the slow service you experienced during your stay.
Improving customer service and developing professionalism in our restaurant and bar is one of my top priorities and I hope you will give us a chance to serve you better in the future.
Stephane Fagez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed March 9, 2013

i choose this hotel mainly because of my le accor membership and this is the only hotel in manado who affiliate with le accor.

the view? amazing.. the best view i ever had, the food? it's good. and now the bad parts.

1. parking lot, terribly far away.. they not allowed you to park near the lobby. you have to walk like 100-150 meters (imagine when it's rainy). the problem solved if you use taxi/cab.

2. the bathroom: i was surprised that the bathroom feels like not maintained for a long time, bit dirty in my opinion for novotel.

3. mini-bar: upon check out, they charge me more than what i took. i know, it's small money (they claim another chocolate bar) but i don't like to be cheated.

for me, i will never ever again choose this hotel when i'm back at manado (which is my hometown) before they do massive improvements. my office offer me to extend the stay but i simply refuse and ask them to book me another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GM_NovotelManado, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Sir,
Many thanks for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the view and the food and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
I can confirm that you have been compensated for the mini-bar over charge as I processed it when you brought the matter to my attention. please contact me directly should this not be the case.
I sincerely hope you will give us a chance to serve you again in the future so you can check on our improvements with bathroom maintenance.
Please feel free to ask for our complimentary valet service to park your car upon you next visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Manado.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

During the survey time to this hotel on January we did not received any hospitality as usually offered by other hotel if we want to make use it ballroom for a function...not even an offered to drinking water... I experienced so many different hospitality from many different hotel in several provinces in Indonesia but not this hotel... I think the hotel management have to provide more training to its staff and executive how to deal with client... I got help from different staff related to the use of business center when I need to print and make copy of my docs that is good... but it is different experience when we use the Grand Kawanua Ballroom, the sound system went wrong when we use it... we missed almost 30minutes from the its discussion schedule....

Room Tip: I asked for a room at the same floor with the lobby, the reception provided it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chelsia3weeksmom
GM_NovotelManado, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Ibu Chelsia,

Many thanks for your business and valuable feedback. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I can assure you that we have learned from the unfortunate incident that affected your meeting to allow us be better prepared in the future.

As a newly appointed manager, I also recognise the need to improve professionalism at the hotel, and I can assure you of my personal commitment to training and staff development.

We sincerely hope to get a chance to welcoming you back to Manado.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I can only say positives about this hotel. It is excellent value for the money. The room was beautiful, modern, everything was in working order, linens were crisp & clean, bathroom immaculate, beds comfortable. Room service is a bit pricey, but we appreciated that it was offered after a long day.
Will stay here again on future dive trips!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
GM_NovotelManado, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Madam,

Many thanks for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Manado.

I have passed your comments to the team and I can assure you that it did put a smile on their face.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Manado on your next dive trip.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had stayed twice in this hotel, first Dec 2011 in Deluxe Junior suite which offer separate bedroom and living room. The second we picked deluxe room and both are great room. We enjoyed the superb big outdoor like park and pool where my toddler can have fun.

The cons only they provide room service very limited and restaurant itself offer very average quality food compared to the price. The hotel is very near to the airport, but not in the middle of city, so you need to prepare the vehicle to get around city or pick a taxi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NOVOTELManado, Executive Secretary at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, April 25, 2016
Dear Jose,

Thank you for your amazing feedback and score.
We have improved out menu for a more variable taste, so we would be really happy to welcome you again with many improvements that we have done.

Warmest Regards,

Executive Secretary.
Williamstown, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on three separate occasions over three weeks, as we explored the local area and flew to Ternate. The staff are very considerate and helpful, the location is only 15 minutes from the airport, and it is quiet. The drive into and thru the city centre is to be avoided as the traffic is horrendous. There is an excellent restaurant, a clean pool, golf, and bikes. The rooms are very good: clean, comfortable, with wifi and air conditioning.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rossa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your great feedback.
It is with delight to learn that we can be of help to make your stay enjoyable.
we hope to see you again in our hotel soon.

All the best and Warmest Regards,

Executive Secretary
jakarta
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed there one and half year ago. The hotel was very clean. The food was nice. The minus point is the location of the hotel, it's not in main city but near the airport so it would be difficult to find some food outside the hotel. Also the main gate is very far so you need a car if you stay there..

Room Tip: it would be better to choose deluxe room because it has own balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Selviana,

Thank you for choosing our place for your stay,
We always appreciate great feedback and would love to see you back with us again.

Warmest Regards,