“Good value for money”

Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Manado
“Good value for money”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well suited for the single traveller up to a family, excellent service in all areas. Breakfast is top notch and worth waking up for. We had a small issue regarding the internet , the mainenance officer came within 5 minutes so again excellent service.

• Stayed June 2013
Thamrin A, IT & E-Commerce Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Mr. HinniHansen,

Warmest greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Manado...

On behalf of Manado team, i would like to express our gratitude to have your stayed in our property. we really appreciate that you have rate our services as an excellent. it is our commitment to give the best of ours for the guest. such a honor to us to have you share your experience with us in Tripadvisor.

Again, thank you very much for your time, and we looking forward to welcoming you back in our property. Have a great day.

Best regards,
Thamrin Ase

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
Valletta, Malta
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was a great choice in Manado. Centrally located in Manado, the hotel staff speak great English, food for breakfast is brilliant, rooms very tastefully decorated and hotel itself it very nice indeed. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: For a little extra, go for the deluxe room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thamrin A, IT & E-commerce Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Maltese,

Warm Greatings from Manado...

On behalf of all the Manado team, i would like to sincerely thank you for your stay with us. it is very encouraging for us that you enjoyed our product and service during the stay. we always try to give our best for our value guest.

Thank you very much for your share experience, and we do hope that you will recommend our property to your friends & colleagues. we looking forward to welcoming you back in Manado.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My dealings with Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado remain positive and overall I was more than satisfied by my experience at the hotel. The rooms provided were good quality.

We organized two international workshops at the venue. The workshops went smoothly and without issue. The staff was very friendly overall and ensured issues were addressed promptly.

I will like to point one staff member who was particularly helpful. Mr Gatot Prasetyo Aribowo was very helpful in arranging rooms for our participants, is a hard worker and very accommodating. He is dedicated and focused on his job and presents a very positive image of the hotel. He was a pleasure to work with.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Saqib,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado...

Representing the Manado team, i would like to sincerely express our gratitude to have you stayed in our hotel. it's a honor to us to have a such a positive feedback from your experience during the stay. it is our goal to make your moment with us such a pleasure. we strive to provide the best as possible to our guest.

it is very kind of you to share your experience with us in Tripadvisor. we looking forward to welcoming you back in our property. have a nice day.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights. I had a bit problem when I checked In. I booked from Jakarta for a smoking room and reconfirmed by this hotel, but the reception said that all smoking room are occupied. They asked me if I would like to upgrade my room to a junior suite room. I told them that I don't want to spend more money, because it is not my fault. After some arguments, they agreed to upgrade at no extra cost. But when I entered the suite room, I found no ashtray there and I found that it is a non-smoking room with a note of a Rp 500.000,- penalty for smoking.
I called the GRO and asked them for an ashtray, but the said that my room is a non-smoking room. Again, I have to argue with them then finally they agreed to give ashtray and allow me to smoke in that room.
That's all about the problem. Other than that, it's a nice hotel to stay and the staffs are friendly. I will stay at this hotel again on my next visit to manado.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thamrin A, IT & E-commerce Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Mr. Edwin,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado...

On behalf of our team, i would like to express our gratitude for your stayed in our property. we apologize for the inconvenience that you may experience during the stay, that would never happen again. we will improve our communication skill to avoid similar matter occur.

Thank you very much for your time to share your experience. we looking forward to welcoming you back in Manado. Have a great day...

Jakarta
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three days and was upgraded to a Deluxe room.

This hotel is located in downtown and can be a very good base for business and leisure.

The hotel room was big, the bed was comfy and the design was also nice. On the contrary, I found that the bathroom was very basic, nothing special. To make it worse, there were at least 3 loose items in the bathroom: sink faucet, shower head and over the door towel hook. I had to tigthen the shower head as it was leaking where the shower head connected with the arm.

Breakfast was just ok. I would highly suggest the hotel take out their dimsums from their list cause they were horrible. The local dish that I tried (yellow rice) was ok.

In terms of service, the staff were nice and I got no complaints.

One small uncommon thing: they put an individial wifi router in each room. Not
Sure why and the internet speed was just average.

Despite the above feedback, I would still rate this hotel with a 4 star for its service, good rate (+upgrade) and location. They need to keep up with the maintenance.

• Stayed March 2013
Elwas, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Donny S

Thank you very much for staying in our property during your business trip to Manado and I do appreciate your feedback of your stay> I found it very useful to improve our products and services. I have changed the Dim Sum to Sio May by this Monday. Regarding the bathroom, I have instruct to my team to check all the bathrooms and moreover we have routine maintenance on our programs.

Once again, Thank you and wishing you a great day.

Best Regards

Suwarno
Hinsdale, Illinois
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Room and facilities okay but drain clogged and shower didn't work although fixed promptly. Breakfast was okay - hotel feels tired and run down. Staff is slow - waited at desk to check in even though several staff on hand. On Friday night, hotel blasted karaoke and band music which kept me from sleeping even though I was on the 11th floor. Woken up at 4:18 by call to prayer from nearby mosque. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Elwas, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Mr. Terry K

warmest Greetings from Manado...

On behalf of my team, I'd like to sincerely thank you that you had stayed in our hotel on your trip to Manado. I also would like to thank you to have shared your feedback as to your stay and I found it useful to improve the quality of our service. I have reviewed the quality of service of all operation staffs and some training programs have been set for them to follow. As to the noise from the night entertainment, I have made some maintenance on the karaoke rooms to reduce the noise.

I do apologize of the such experience and hope you grant me a chance to welcome you back in our property in the future.

Thank you for your attention.

Best Regards

Elwas Suwarno
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 11, 2012

1. Staff Service
Never found hotel staff so helpful as the people here. Case in point: I was checking out very early in the morning. The night before, I contacted the front desk to settle my bills and to reserve a taxi so I could have a quick getaway in the morning.

After I completed my business, unexpectedly she asked two questions that blew my mind. The first one was, "It would be too early for you to have breakfast at the hotel. Would you like to have some breakfast prepared for you to bring to the airport?" The second one was, "Would you need a wake up call?"

She already anticipated my needs before I even thought about it!

2. Location
I won't say the location to be the best, but it is quite convenient if you enjoy walking. There are restaurants, a supermarket, and some souvenir stores around the hotel. And it is also within walking distance from the seaside.

3. Health Facilities
The gym is not as convenient as you would want from a hotel, and the swimming pool is unfortunately not a smoking free area (although the sign says it is, the guests who come there still are left by the staff to smoke freely).

4. Business Center
When I was there, the business center was not functioning. So if you need to have something printed or copied, you might need to find an outside place to do it. The hotel staff will be willing to recommend a place for you.

5. Breakfast
The breakfast buffet have a delicious selection of Manadonese dishes, even the locals love to come and have family breakfast there.

Room Tip: Ask for east-facing rooms on higher floors. You can enjoy the sun rises from behind a mountain as yo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thamrin A, IT & E-Commerce Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Mr. Stephen,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado...

At first, it's a great honor to have you stayed in our property, many big thanks for your trust in us. we are very appreciate for your time to sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Actually we did train our staff to exceed guest expectation, to meet what the guest needed, and make every single day is a precious day to our guest during their stay with us. Regarding the smoking area in the gym, we will review again for the regulation and ensure it running. And it seems, while you were here, the bussiness center was on maintenance, but it's working fine now, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much for your kind attention. And we looking forward to welcoming you back in Manado.