“Travello Hotel is a recommended place to stay during holiday in Manado”

Travello Hotel Manado
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Manado
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Dear Travellers,
Today i will make a live report about Travello Hotel Manado, when i write this report, i was in the room 511 of this Hotel due to my holiday in Manado for 3 days 2 nights with my wife. My first impression when i arrives and enter the lobby, it's a clean place and they have comfortable sofa in the lobby. The receptionist give us welcome drink, a glass of guava juice..i glad to have it :).
When i entering room 511, i see a clean room, nice interior and the bed feel comfortable. They also have complete accessories such as flat TV on the wall, minibar, mini refrigerator, make up table, and the bath room is very clean, if you want to use hot water, it's available any time.
For breakfast menu the food is good, you should try the fried rice it's delicious.
For services, they have staffs with good attitude and they are helpful.
The hotel location is strategic, it's near the city center and main road Sam Ratulangi, restaurant, boulevard area with a group of mall and also Calaca harbor as a place to rent speedboat to go to bunaken. Overall i feel satisfy to spend my time in Hotel Travello
Overall

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank indra_rian
GM_TravelloManado, Manajer Umum at Travello Hotel Manado, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2017

Dear valued guest Indra_Rian,

I would like to sincerely thank you for staying with us and for sharing your pleasant experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoy TRAVELLO experience.

On behalf of all of us in the TRAVELLO family, we join together to say thank you for choosing Travello Hotel as your home in Manado.
We look forward to welcoming you back one day so we may once again show you the TRAVELLO way..

There are newer reviews for Travello Hotel Manado

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel on the main street of Manado. Not far from Boulevard. I have 2 single beds room on 5 floor. The room is very clean, with bad quality of WIFI and 24" LCD TV. Breakfast is full of manado's foods.

For business trip, this hotel is the best and clean non smoking room (without any bad smelt) and closed the city center.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor and for staying with us at Travello Hotel Manado.

We are delighted and thrilled by your constructive review which is of wonderful motivation to everyone here.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Manado and stay with us.

With every best wish,

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Relatively clean and modern for the price and location. I have no idea what that terrible review below refers too!
Like nearly all of Indonesia can be loud on lower floors and the call to prayer hours. Ear-plugs are always recommended.

Like many places in Indonesia they will 'adjust prices, so barter.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Warmest greetings from Travello Hotel Manado..

We are really sorry to hear your constructive feedback via TripAdvisor as we truly appreciate it but nevertheless we would like to apologize profusely as we failed to meet your expectations.

Please rest assured that we have taken corrective action at the point that you have mentioned as we have strive daily to improve our service and product that we offer to our guests.

We are delighted that you evaluated us as decent spot in Manado and appreciated the cleanliness, price, and of course the location.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future and we promise this time that we will make it up for you.

With best regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Best Locations in Manado City, near the catholic church. have many foods around this hotel. best price hotel in manado. easy to move to every locations in town .

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Loegada

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your TRAVELLO experience with the TripAdvisor community.
It is most rewarding to all of us in the TRAVELLO family to know we achieved our mission to add wonderful memories of your trip to Manado.

We are delighted that you enjoyed Manado and stay in our hotel as the best location and price in town.

We look forward to welcoming you back one day.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

You can smell cigarette odors ever since you step into the lobby, room hallway, restaurants, people are freely smokes; the receptionistnever smiles, the brekfast is ok,lack of options and the coffeeis terrible

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Marini T

Warmest greetings from Travello Hotel Manado..

We thank you for your constructive feedback via TripAdvisor.

We are truly sorry to hear about the inconvenience you have been through during your stay. Please rest assured that this does not reflect our normal standards. I have therefore taken the appropriate measures in order to avoid any future re-occurrence.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your future reservations at gm@travellomanado.com.

With my best regards.

Travello Hotel Manado

Reviewed January 19, 2012

For the first time in my life, the first thing I did when I entered my room was to open my laptop and start looking for another hotel. Too bad...... the Asean Tourism Forum was in town (I was part of it) and hence no rooms could be had for these dates.

The staff while friendly, stop at being just that. They don't seem to be trained to any kind of hospitality standard. Not speaking English is understandable, but not cleaning the rooms or baths ( for years on end it looks like) is not. The adventure sport of entering the bath was something that took me 6 hours of mental preparation. The shower glass partition looks like it had never been cleaned of water deposits from the day it was installed, The shower cubicle itself was crusted with years of water deposits, soap slime leftovers and only God knows what else. The shower had only two settings scalding hot or cold! The wash basin was yuckky to say the least. The toilet itself, the less said the better. The door to the bath had a folded up bath mat that was probably white once upon a time and clearly had not been changed since the last 4-5 guests had checked out. The bath gel and shampoo bottles looked like they had seen better days, some years before, and a used piece of bath soap was laying in the soap dish of the shower stall from the day I arrived till I left.

The aircon was only marginally effective at cooling the room but served the hotel well, by drowning my laptop during the night, in a puddle of condensation so I could not write this report earlier....and before you ask, yes the work table is directly under the aircon condensor.

To come back to the staff, the room service was a scream. At lunch they delivered the food and took my signature and did not have a problem charging to my room bill. The night meal was a different matter altogether. A beer and 2 plates of food needed two wait staff to bring them into the room. With the size of the rooms, it was a tight squeeze. When I tried to charge the food to my room bill, I was told " Sorry You pay NOW!" When I tried to argue that the system had worked in the afternoon, I was dealt the "No speak English" card. So not having enough Rupiah on me I had no choice but to part with my credit card. (Happy thoughts were not running thru my head at the time). When I requested that the lunch dishes be cleared the girl took two steps back and just stared at the dishes like they were a coiled up cobra. Knowing that some Asian cultures do not look kindly upon being required to handle used eating utensils, I then hastily changed it to " Can you please send someone to clear the trays?" To which I got a warm smile and hasty "YES YES". No dishes were cleared until the next morning. The used beer mug however was given special royal treatment and was sitting on the work desk until I checked out 3 days later.

Needing an iron to take some creases out of my shirt prior to going for my business meeting, I called housekeeping to ask for one, but was told in the most perfect English I heard from any hotel staff in Manado, : "I am very sorry sir, but I do not speak any English, but please call the reception and they will be able to help you! " Those words exactly........ perfect pronunciation, all articles and punctuation in place! To cut a long story short I eventually had a guy from housekeeping show up, but of course with no iron and no English! After much negotiation in sign language I parted with my shirt on a hanger. He promptly grabs the shirt off the hanger, rolls it up into a ball, tucks it deep into his armpit and gives me a big warm smile. I was freaked to say the least and my English dropped to " NO WASH NO WASH- ONLY PRESS!" to which I got the warm smile again! So I had to grab the shirt out from under his arm and get it back on the hanger and tell him " You Take like this!" I shudder to think what he did with it when I was out sight. Of course that shirt did not appear until the evening and I had to go for my meeting looking like I had just crawled out of a tumble dryer.

The walls of the room were full of hand smudge prints, the sheets looked worse for wear and unclean, and the duvets which are touted by the hotel as a special feature, do not appear to have any kind of removable or changeable cover.

Staying a hotel like this with such poorly trained staff, made me realise how much we take for granted when we travel and stay in hotels around the world and how detailed any training for hospitality staff truly has to be!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest (Mr. rum100proof),

Warmest greetings from Travello Hotel Manado..

Thank you very much for your valuable and constructive feedback and for taking the time to post your comment on TripAdvisor.

We apologize sincerely for failing to meet your expectations during your stay with us for the ASEAN Tourism Forum; we recognize that we came short to fulfill your needs and that we have disappointed you on that occasion.

We regret very much the fact that we have inconvenienced you during your visit and we would like to assure you that this is not a reflection on our usual high standards. Currently, we strive daily to exceed guest expectations as it is part of our service culture and customer care philosophy.

We sincerely hope that you will give us one more chance during your next visit to Manado as we would be privileged to have you as our guest again in our hotel.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Feel it new. Looks nice. Room not big, but well appointed and clean.
Staff was very attentive at check-in. Get welcome drink on arrival.

Don't like shower here so much, but acceptable.

This is good and reliable 3-star hotel with attentive staff. All of my request was conducted withing few minutes.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
GM_TravelloManado, Manajer Umum at Travello Hotel Manado, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

Dear Mr. Roman,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and we are delighted that your stay was memorable.

We are happy that you enjoyed our facilities and service provided by our team. Your kind comments have been shared to our entire team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.