“Best hotel in Makassar”

Ranked #5 of 99 Hotels in Makassar
Jakarta Raya
“Best hotel in Makassar”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

stayed here 2 night for business. The room was great with nice bathroom. The breakfast taste good. The hotel has a nice swimming at the top of the building where you can see both the city and sea. It also has hot and cold Jacuzzis and 3 spacious saunas room.

This hotel feels much better than Clarion Makassar.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

It's really a bad experience in Aston Hotel Makassar and I don't think that I'm gonna stay there again. I was stayed for 3 days there and I had bad experiences since day 1. Day 1: Check-in time was soooo long, it took me like 15 mins waiting. Then I asked for an extra towel & took me to call the housekeeping 3 times to finally get the extra towel after 1-hour call. Day 2: My wife almost fell down at the stairs at the breakfast floor due to poor design of the stairs. They only put a sign of caution meaning there's many people almost fell down because of the bad design and they just put a sign?? I just don't understand. Why don't they renovate the stairs' design?? We told to one of the employee and she just laughed instead of say sorry!! We filed a complaint to Mr. Tommy & he promised us to give a basket of fruit. They didn't send the fruits immediately so we went out & in the afternoon we came back & still no fruits. Then we called the reception for couple times and I thought the fruits will be in a whole basket (although we're not expecting at all since they've promised us to give the fruit coz promise is a debt) but in fact it's only 4 fruits, they just being "lebay" I guess. Then we found out that they hadn't replaced the towels. I called them asked for these towels and they said they're still wet and asked me to wait. Whatttt??? I thought every hotels are supposed to have spare towels!! At night, we came back from a wedding, the access card was not working and I had to reset the card 2 times, can you believe it?? Day 3: I was passing by the reception desk & I told the receptionist to prepare the papers since I was checking out now. A few mins later we went down with our luggages & the receptionist didn't prepare the papers at all, so I have to wait like 10 mins just to check out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Johannes O
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Only been here 1 night but the hotel is pretty much a standard 4 star western hotel. Nothing wrong with it at all, trendy pool area near the top of the hotel.

The online booking says they will upgrade you if there is availability but when you arrive they want to charge you for this.

There is a new hotel next door with 60 percent off rates.

Room Tip: When you book online it says you get a room upgrade but this doesn't happen when you arrive.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was staying here during business trip on October 2013. Relative to the price, I think it's a very reasonable bargain. The location is very convenient (gelael and KFC is only a block away), the food is good (it was my first time to taste coto makassar and I wasn't disappointed), and the staffs are very helpful. It was a pleasant experience to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My daughter and I spent one night here before catching a bus to Tana Toraja. We were delighted with our room, the restaurant - particularly the buffet breakfast - and the pool, where we enjoyed a 6am swim. There was only one small problem with the room: the curtain wasn't quite blocking out the light...there may have been a missing hook.

The real negative was the front desk staff, who though very personable, were unable to satisfactorily answer our questions about buses to Rantepao. We were even told that they don't run on Sundays, when they do! ( This wasn't an English language problem, as I'm an Indonesian speaker.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at the Aston for 2 nights. The bed was a good size and very comfortable -the room was clean and spacious. Helpful friendly staff- the pool area with sauna was a great place to relax with good views of the sunset. Plenty of breakfast options and we were able to get a takeaway breakfast on our last day as we had an early flight. We did have dinner one evening in the resturant, the food took a while to arrive and the portions were quite small. However we would definitely stay at the Aston again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 9, 2013

After an amazing 5 days diving trip to Bira, in a very remote area of Sulawesi, we were glad to spend a night in this excellent hotel. Clean and big room, great bathroom and nice facilities, into a safe-feeling place. Bed was great, slept like a baby. We had to check out early and they prepared a take away breakfast (5am).
not to forget the cheap in-room massage just before sleeping.
Not so far, you can visit the Dutch fort and have a nice indonesian meal with fish bbq few streets away. Saw a monkey ridding a bike...ah Indonesia!! love it.