Grand Clarion Hotel & Convention Makassar
$21
$44
$42
  • Breakfast included
Pesonna Hotel Makassar(Makassar)(Great Value!)
$17
$27
$58
$54
Agoda.com
All reviewsbiggest hotelbig swimming poolbusiness tripcomplete facilitieshotel areanew buildingbusiness centerbreakfast menugreat poolbig roomsuperior roomfront officenice stayeasy accessexcellent hotelcomfortable hotelstrategic location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was stayed at this hotel more than 15th times. Mostly for business reason. But this time, I got a new room in their new building. I came quite early, but there was available for me, so I got the key immediately. Room was nice, spacious and fair enough compare to the price. Actualy I got non smooking floor, but I can smell the smooking odors around the 9th floor, including in my room. The wifi was provided for free, but sometimes I got a little bit problem with consistency of the connection. Breakfast was good and staffs were excellent. Overall I am still consider that this hotel is worthed to be booked in the near future.

Room Tip: Choose the new room at the new building
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Thank Kristiawan Basu... R
Reviewed May 19, 2013

this is my 3rd time stayed at this hotel.
I just stayed 1 night, because of transit. overall room was nice. staffs are friendly.

few things make me disappointing.
1. I cannot booked using my credit card. I must fill out some kind of form and copied & scan my ID card which is soo frustrating just to reserved the room!
2. the staff in egg station did not understand what is half-broiled omelette! he keep debating that the egg is running out, but he keep serving scrambled egg to other customers! what???

overall, the experience is good. food is more complete than the other hotel in Makassar.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed 2 times at Clarion Hotel Makassar. I thought it was only medium kind of hotel, but I was wrong, it was big! Modern meet old kind of hotel. They had new building and more comfort one. I stayed on superior room but it quite spacious. Nice and modern look. You have all you need in a room. But the funny thing, they didn't have liquid soap (because the bathroom look so modern).
Anyway, the lobby is big, they have plenty meeting room and several convention room that can add 500-1000 people.
Overall, the service quite nice and all the people are willing to help and care about you. The price between Rp. 750.000 - Rp. 10mio. Next time you stay in Makassar, this hotel can meet your expectation.

Room Tip: Ask the new building to the reception, the room more modern and very clean!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Clifford M
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Only 5* Hotel @ Makassar @affordable Price, Why? you can get it under $100, but the bathroom amneties not qualified for 5* standard, hey there is no hand towel and face towel,
ask for room @ new tower, stay @room 6692, the room is large, but lightning in the room is poor, and the position of bed is unusual in my room, staying here just 1 night for attending wedd party
breakfast is excellence for makassar

Room Tip: swimming pool is huge with two pools they provide, children also can play freely in their huge playground located @6th floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Hawkers369
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The room was great. Breakfast had large variety. The hotel is a large property with super large ballrooms (one of the biggest I've seen in hotels around Indonesia). Surprisingly, with the vast number of rooms, the staffs were very friendly. During breakfast I noticed they also performed really well, meeting various demands from guests having breakfast, also promptly taking out used plates or glasses or refilling teas/coffees/water. Great service from a hotel with over 500 rooms!
I went to Makassar to do a hotel quality survey, and I could easily say that this one was probably the best for value and quality!
One of the downside was the mattress quality. Was a bit disappointed. But I found out later that I stayed in the older wing. I guess they probably put the better ones in the newer wing.

Room Tip: There are two wings (I found this out later), one is for older rooms, the other houses newer rooms. Asks for the newer ones if you can (but I bet they're probably priced differently)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business