“newly renovated building”
Review of M-Regency Makassar

M-Regency Makassar
Ranked #17 of 103 Hotels in Makassar
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel now named Mercure Hotel. It's not located in the main road, but withing walking distance to Losari Beach and Jalan Somba Opu. Lots of restaurants nearby, and easy to find a taxi. The staffs are very helpful. But they seem understaff to me, because the security guy also doubled as the concierge and roomboy. I have to check out early in the morning, because my flight was 4.30. But when I went down to the lobby around 2.30 there's no one in the front desk. No security guard in front as well. In fact no one I can see at all. I tried to call out, but no one came. So I try to call the hotel phone from my cell phone to get attention from anyone who's in duty. Finally someone came out from the storage room, looks like he just woke up. Then the concierge also showed up, and I asked him to find me a taxi. I did my check out in 5 minutes then leaved to the airport. I just wondering why they leave the front desk and lobby area unguard. I meant some criminals could come, if no one guard the door. The hotel management should really improve the security of this hotel. Because it's such a nice hotel with good facilities.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I booked the room via accor website on the day I checked-in to secure a place to sleep knowing my flight would arrive in Makassar only after midnight, a very last-minute business trip arrangement. Booking through the website was fast, and once I got to the hotel, my room was upgraded to deluxe :) unlucky for me, it's a newly-built room and no (in-room) Wi-Fi service ready at that time.
I don't really recall how was the room, but it is spacious while bed and toilet is superb (and clean), TV channel okay, breakfast buffet is average. No time to try swimming pool. Will stay at the hotel if I visit Makassar again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank LimeJuiceIced
Reviewed November 22, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank andre010406
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 16, 2012

First time to Makassar and stayed in Mercure.
Overall, it is one of a good Hotel in Makassar.
Also they are having a renovation now, I believe it will makes this Hotel more convenience with a bigger room space.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
An Accor traveler
Reviewed August 25, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank An Accor traveler
suryo s, Manager at M-Regency Makassar, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
Joondalup
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My stay at the Hotel was both en route to a week exploring Toraja in Central Sulawesi and on my return to Makassar. On the whole the Hotel proved to be a very good choice though It didn't begin well, since there was much confusion with our taxi driver from the airport who baffled us with his insistence that he was taking us to the Mercure. We came to understanding that Accor have recently refurbished the Royal Regency Hotel and that it has only recently become the Mercure.
The rooms we (my wife and I and our son and his Javanese girlfriend) had were sizeable and very clean. The air conditioners were effective with the Hotel corridors being over-warm. Staff were very polite and helpful throughout.
Our only gripes would be over the breakfast which we think falls below the Accor standard to which we have become accustomed as Accor loyalty members. There was not much variety and we would have welcomed the choice of croissons, yoghurt and some cheeses. Also, I asked the wait-person for an omelet and he brought me 2 fried eggs! We did appreciate that our stays were at the time of Ramadhan so perhaps breakfasts are generally better than what we experienced on both our stays at this time of the year.
A word of warning to travellers to Toraja. Beware of travelling to and from Toraja at night with coach companies such as Charisma. These have a terrible reputation - we found to our cost - for the drivers often steal from passenger luggage whilst their owners are sleep. On arriving at the Mercure our son found that his lap-top computer had been stolen from his back pack which he had stored closely by him. I would suggest that Mercure staff warn intending night coach passengers to be on their guard that such thefts, sadly, are all too frequent occurrences for travellers to Toraja..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir / Madame,

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our hotel staffs and enjoy your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging to see that our guest are happy and satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday. In the other hand, we also would like to ask you for apology since our breakfast performance and the staffs delivered service to you did not meet with your expectation. Indeed, your comment has certainly raised many areas of concerns that need to be addressed, and it will inspire us to strive harder in servicing our future guest in order to comply with Accor Standard.. We are also so sorry to hear you had an unfortunate experience during the trip to Toraja. We do hope all this thing will not impair your confidence to Accor Hotels netwrok and your travel incident will not deter you from traveling to toraja, south sulawesi again in the future.
We do hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you again soon in Makassar.

Mercure Regency Hotel Makassar