- The resort seems new and, especially by Indonesian standards, very well maintained. The room and the grounds were spotless, with nice springy bed (unlike the usual hard slabs in cheap Indon hotels) and a sea view from the balcony.
- The "Sun Moon" seafood restaurant is excellent and, while mildly expensive by Indonesian standards, much cheaper than Singapore (fish to order, two sides and drinks came to ~S$30 for two).
- Breakfast buffet was quite good if you like Indonesian/Chinese food, but if you insist on Western fare, you'd better like toast and eggs.
- Staff was very friendly and responsive, and no hounding for tips either.
- At high tide, the beach is quite nice, if small. At low tide it's not much to look at, but there are several beautiful coral islands a S$5/15-min boat ride away.
- Pools are on the small side, but there are two of them with two kiddie sections.
- Location is surprisingly inconvenient. From Singapore, taxi + ferry + waiting around for transfer + transfer can easily take 4-5 hours one-way; you could get to Bangkok or Bali in the same time.
- It's a large resort and fills up on weekends with families and banana-boating teens, so don't expect too much peace and quiet.
- No eating, entertainment or transport options in the vicinity, so without your own wheels you're pretty much stuck.
All in all, for S$120 a night with transfers and breakfast, it was worth the money. I wouldn't fly out from Europe to stay here, and staying more than 3 days here would be too much, but for a long weekend getaway from Singapore it pretty much hit the spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the new plane of paradise at Bintan Agro Beach Resort.Located in the south-eastern coast of Bintan Island, come revel in the realm of sparkling beaches and picturesque shorelines that will help set your mood for the perfect getaway. Home to a spread of scenic floras, crystal white sands and clear turquoise waters, our resorts nestle along the beachfront-with a cosy touch of perennial decor, friendly services and warm hospitality that will ensure the ideal retreat you deserve. Seafood lovers can also replete with delectable savouries in alfresco dining style that sits above the calm, glistening waters-while you indulge in the panoramic view of a breathtaking seascape.And for those who wish to escape the hordes will consider their time well spent here. With our first-ever ocean side spa on the island, imagine retreating into a calm journey that will soothe your body and mind for the many adventures to come.Appealingly casual and laidback, we have an atmosphere that makes for the perfect vacation. Only at Bintan Agro Beach Resort, experience the perfect holiday destination that will leave you wanting for more.LocationThe island of Bintan is about 40 Km from Singapore. The travel time to Tanjung Pinang is about 1 hour 45 minutes by Sindo Ferry / Wavemaster Ferry and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is situated on the East coast of Bintan and is 45 minutes away from Sri Bintan Pura Ferry Terminal. The travel time to Bintan Resort is about 55 minutes by Bintan Resort Ferries (BRF)and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is 60 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Bintan Agro Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Agro Beach Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Agro Beach Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands