My friend and I decided on a little getaway over a long weekend. From reading the reviews we had a certain expectations in mind about the resort so certain things didn't come too much of a shock.
We started off our journey with a pleasant ride on Bintan resort ferry. Then it was a 1hr slightly bumpy ride on a old-ish bus to the resort, but we were the only ones on the bus so space wasn't an issue.
Upon arrival at the resort we checked into our room which was spacious and clean, albeit looking a bit worn down. The view from the room was spectacular and would've been perfect for watching the sunrise (if the weather wasn't so cloudy in the mornings when we were there). We started looking for activities to do and for a 3D2N trip there was a decent amount.
We spent the rest of the day hanging out at the beach and decided to have dinner at the Sun Moon restaurant as the Night Tour had been fully booked that night. We were very impressed with the food at Sunmoon restaurant - the seafood was fresh and portion sizes were good. We ended up sharing 1 medium sized crab (you get to pick your own crab), butter oatmeal squid and a plate of vegetables, which left us feeling absolutely stuffed and only cost about $25sgd altogether!
The buffet breakfast was also really good - had a good mix of indonesian and western food which seemed to change slightly on a daily basis. We decided on an island tour to White Sands beach for that afternoon. It was meant to be a 1hr round trip but we followed some people who were going snorkeling so it ended up more like a 2-3hr round trip. Met the friendly local guy (Sylvester) on the island and had a coconut (about $3sgd) and chatted with him. Spent the rest of the time swimming/suntanning around the island. If you walk to the other side of the island, there's plenty of fish to be seen swimming amongst the rocks and seaweed (bring goggles) and the water is also calmer.
We then went on the Night Tour after we got back - basically its a trip to a food street and also a supermarket for about $12sgd per person. The food street was fantastic - local food at its best and was not touristy at all. I'd recommend the ayam penyet and this goreng pisang dessert (deep fried sliced bananas drizzled with condensed milk, chocolate sauce with grated cheese on top). They were superb. Those, along with the char kway teow (fried noodles), satay, bandung (rose syrup drink) only cost us less than $10 sgd altogether! The supermarket was quite unremarkable and none of us really bought anything - perhaps the resort could choose an alternative location?
The final morning was spent at the Oceanic Spa where we indulged in a 2.5hr spa treatment. There's a discount if you have an advanced booking and they were kind enough to allow me to have a longer massage instead of a body scrub.
Overall, we felt that the length of time there was just right. There are other water related activities that you can do but we had a good mix of what was on offer. The main downside was that it was far from both the ferry terminal and town (a good 1hr ride) but that makes the resort a bit more isolated and peaceful from the rest of Bintan :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the new plane of paradise at Bintan Agro Beach Resort.Located in the south-eastern coast of Bintan Island, come revel in the realm of sparkling beaches and picturesque shorelines that will help set your mood for the perfect getaway. Home to a spread of scenic floras, crystal white sands and clear turquoise waters, our resorts nestle along the beachfront-with a cosy touch of perennial decor, friendly services and warm hospitality that will ensure the ideal retreat you deserve. Seafood lovers can also replete with delectable savouries in alfresco dining style that sits above the calm, glistening waters-while you indulge in the panoramic view of a breathtaking seascape.And for those who wish to escape the hordes will consider their time well spent here. With our first-ever ocean side spa on the island, imagine retreating into a calm journey that will soothe your body and mind for the many adventures to come.Appealingly casual and laidback, we have an atmosphere that makes for the perfect vacation. Only at Bintan Agro Beach Resort, experience the perfect holiday destination that will leave you wanting for more.LocationThe island of Bintan is about 40 Km from Singapore. The travel time to Tanjung Pinang is about 1 hour 45 minutes by Sindo Ferry / Wavemaster Ferry and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is situated on the East coast of Bintan and is 45 minutes away from Sri Bintan Pura Ferry Terminal. The travel time to Bintan Resort is about 55 minutes by Bintan Resort Ferries (BRF)and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is 60 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bintan Agro Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Agro Beach Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Agro Beach Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands