stayed at agro cabana (the sister resort of agro beach) - suite room. the things in the room were well maintained. mineral water, tea & coffee (the standard) were provided. lovely view from our room window. faced the beach directly, great view of the ocean! beds were comfortable too! we had 2 connecting suite rooms which was a great touch.
its disappointing that most of the sea sports activities were at the main agro beach resort which is a hassle to get there so we stayed in ours to rest and relax instead. had all 3 meals at the resort. the breakfast buffet was not good. few variety of ready cooked food. the chef couldn't even cook the eggs properly (they had scramble, omelet & sunny side up). very haphazard job by the cook at the eggs station. we had pizza, prawns and fish for lunch. pizza had a very very very thick crust and hardly any toppings, prawns was not exactly fresh and sweet & sour fish's batter was not even crispy. poor food quality. this was chosen after they didn't have french onion soup nor calamari nor squids.. dinner was much better, we had beef rendang (slightly tough but edible), curry chicken (this was pretty good) & vegetables.
the food took really long to serve and I felt that there was no sense of urgency in terms of the service. alot of time was spent waiting to be served.
the rooms sound proofing was not good, could hear constant noises from the outside traffic (i think the back of our rooms was facing a road). but i am not that a light sleeper and the night's sleep was ok.
the beach fronting our suite room felt like a man made beach but the water was relatively clean and we had some fun waddling in the shallow waters spotting fishes and other creatures in the water.
there is a package online that consist of a day city tour (consisting of 2 "malls" and 4 temples). a few of the temples were interesting but the malls were poor. not the type of shopping one would expect, there were hardly more than a few shops that one will walk in, let alone buy anything. the lunch provided at a restaurant at the kelong was of pretty decent standard, quality and proportion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the new plane of paradise at Bintan Agro Beach Resort.Located in the south-eastern coast of Bintan Island, come revel in the realm of sparkling beaches and picturesque shorelines that will help set your mood for the perfect getaway. Home to a spread of scenic floras, crystal white sands and clear turquoise waters, our resorts nestle along the beachfront-with a cosy touch of perennial decor, friendly services and warm hospitality that will ensure the ideal retreat you deserve. Seafood lovers can also replete with delectable savouries in alfresco dining style that sits above the calm, glistening waters-while you indulge in the panoramic view of a breathtaking seascape.And for those who wish to escape the hordes will consider their time well spent here. With our first-ever ocean side spa on the island, imagine retreating into a calm journey that will soothe your body and mind for the many adventures to come.Appealingly casual and laidback, we have an atmosphere that makes for the perfect vacation. Only at Bintan Agro Beach Resort, experience the perfect holiday destination that will leave you wanting for more.LocationThe island of Bintan is about 40 Km from Singapore. The travel time to Tanjung Pinang is about 1 hour 45 minutes by Sindo Ferry / Wavemaster Ferry and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is situated on the East coast of Bintan and is 45 minutes away from Sri Bintan Pura Ferry Terminal. The travel time to Bintan Resort is about 55 minutes by Bintan Resort Ferries (BRF)and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is 60 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Bintan Agro Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Agro Beach Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Agro Beach Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands