Stay: 13 - 16 June 2011
Room Type: 90 rooms of various configurations
Event: This was for a corporate event for 214 persons (all ages).
All reservations and liason were made direct with the hotel.
The staff whom we liased (Mr Ivan) with was always very prompt in handling all our enquiries and needs. He was always very patient and sincere in attending to our requirements for the event.
Getting to hotel from the ferry terminal Bandar Bentan Telani (BBT) :
From the terminal, it is an hour's ride by bus/car to the resort that is situated on the east coast of Bintan Island.
Upon Arrival :
Welcome drinks (chilled watermelon juice) were served - very refreshing!
Was a pity that soursop was out of the season at this time - otherwise the soursop drink would have been even better!
Check in and out very efficient and staff were very accomodating and friendly - they always had a smile on their faces. And spoke good English.
Food was great! Breakfast Variety plentiful - included Indonesian and Chinese dishes.
There was freshly made roti-prata, 'you tiao' (fried dough fritters), 'muffins', omelettes, each day. To the delight of some, there was even fried rice, local stir-fried vegetables, beef, fish dishes in addition to the usual toast. The replenishment was prompt.
** Special bonus: the restaurant where breakfast is served (Asiana Restaurant) overlooks the beach and sea. So, to have breakfast and enjoy the sunrise, go early.
Sunrise was about 5:45-6am. Breakfast starts at 6:30am.
Our lunches were at this restaurant. It was a 5 minute walk from the lobby. This restaurant is built on the water (like a 'kelong'). Food was delicious with lots of local seafood. View and sea breeze topped up the entire experience!
Level of Spicyness: I suppose the locals have a higher tolerance to spicyness, so we had to ask for non-spicy menu to accomodate the children.
Dinner on the beach:
One dinner was on the beach - it was a barbeque dinner. The experience was fun and different.
The rooms varied in sizes and configuration. But almost all rooms had a sea/beach view. Some had balconies. Others - jacuzzis. Family rooms are huge and can accomodate 3 adults comfortably and still be able to do cart-wheels in it. Rooms were clean and toilets were also well kept.
Tea/Coffee making facilities
Aircons were split units.
TV - cable TV available with many Singapore channels.
Pool - big pool (very clean for a pool that's next to a beach) near Asiana Restaurant. Smaller pool next to lobby.
Sea Sports - a wide variety of sea sports available including banana boat, big mable, grandstand, bandwagon, kayaking, snorkelling, kite surfing, fishing, etc.
Beach - had plenty of space for football, volleyball, fisbee.
Basketball court, Billiard Table, Table soccer.
Spa - Oceanic Spa
Mini-zoo: there is a mini zoo in the resort (chickens, rabbits, etc)
Convenience Store - had drinks, instant noodles, coffee, tea, snacks, local snacks, toiletries, simple medication, ice cream. All very resonably priced.
Gift store - handicraft and trinkets, Tshirts, beach wear.
(both open till 10pm)
Internet WiFi access:
There is free WiFi access from the lobby and from Asiana Restaurant.
There are also 2 computer terminals at the lobby that guests can use (but that is payable).
There are 3 function rooms (1 large 220pax) and 2 smaller ones (100pax). All situated next to each other with toilet facilities nearby. The plus is that the function rooms are within 3 minutes walk from most of the rooms. Zeus 3 (the largest room) is sound-proofed. Proof that the sound proofing works? - we did not even hear the pouring rain when inside the room with doors closed.
Because of the switch from government electricity (limited), the resort had to switch back and forth to their own power generators, as a result there were several 10 second power-out intervals each day. But it did not disrupt any of our activities, though we had to turn on the airconditioners again after each outage.
On the whole, the resort is a great value-for-money getaway that has a bit of everything for everyone. The natural setting (nature) surrounding the resort does give one a sense of relaxation away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Bintan Agro is one of four resorts owned by the same owner. So if planning a stay/or for a corporate event, there are actually 3 other resorts to choose from.
Clinic : in case of emergency, there is a 24-hour clinic about 10 minutes-drive away (but thankfully we had no need for that during our stay).
At low-tide, the sea-bed is really rather flat and goes out for about 700 metres. Do bring walking shoes and a spade for some seabed walking and shell-picking/digging at low-tide. But DO NOT attempt to reach the little hut after the rocks - deep waters there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the new plane of paradise at Bintan Agro Beach Resort.Located in the south-eastern coast of Bintan Island, come revel in the realm of sparkling beaches and picturesque shorelines that will help set your mood for the perfect getaway. Home to a spread of scenic floras, crystal white sands and clear turquoise waters, our resorts nestle along the beachfront-with a cosy touch of perennial decor, friendly services and warm hospitality that will ensure the ideal retreat you deserve. Seafood lovers can also replete with delectable savouries in alfresco dining style that sits above the calm, glistening waters-while you indulge in the panoramic view of a breathtaking seascape.And for those who wish to escape the hordes will consider their time well spent here. With our first-ever ocean side spa on the island, imagine retreating into a calm journey that will soothe your body and mind for the many adventures to come.Appealingly casual and laidback, we have an atmosphere that makes for the perfect vacation. Only at Bintan Agro Beach Resort, experience the perfect holiday destination that will leave you wanting for more.LocationThe island of Bintan is about 40 Km from Singapore. The travel time to Tanjung Pinang is about 1 hour 45 minutes by Sindo Ferry / Wavemaster Ferry and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is situated on the East coast of Bintan and is 45 minutes away from Sri Bintan Pura Ferry Terminal. The travel time to Bintan Resort is about 55 minutes by Bintan Resort Ferries (BRF)and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is 60 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Bintan Agro Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Agro Beach Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Agro Beach Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands