We stayed at Loola for 3 nights in January 2014. The accommodation is basic, clean and tidy. Overwater bungalows with a double bunk bed and a shower / toilet room. There is no aircon, sometimes no power, and no hot water and we all found it to be a great adventure. There was a monsoon wind blowing constantly so we were not too hot. The bungalows windows open on to the sea which is a lovely view and you can walk on the beach when the tide is out. This is not a swimming or snorkelling beach.
The staff here are very friendly and it is nice to build relationships with local people in a way that you don't at a hotel.
The full-board food is fantastic - 3 meals a day of good fresh home cooked Indonesian food served on one of the overwater platforms with open sides. The portion sizes were enormous and we were embarrassed that we could not even eat half of them.
The activities were great fun. We did coconut tree climbing, the skywalk, archery, kayaking, raft building, a beach walk to a nearby island at low tide and the obstacle course. The staff encouraged us to push ourselves and we all managed things we didn't think we were going to do.
Our only disappointment was that the zipline and rock wall could not be used while we were there, but overall we had an amazing time. I think 3 days is about the right length of time to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unmatched for variety and quality of activities (sail, kayak, dragon boat, climb, zipline, skywalk, archery. climbing wall and climbing trees, and our famous boat and boomnet expeditions), LooLa is a family favorite as well as the number one destination for overseas school trips. LooLa is Bintan's most exciting destination for those who want to experience the real Indonesia, appreciate a mix of total tranquility and healthy action, and like sitting on a balcony above the sea and under the moonlight! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Loola Adventure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loola Adventure Hotel Bintan
- Loola Adventure Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands