We just had 5 nights at the resort as part of a group and had a great time. The resort itself is a little tired and could do with a spruce up. Nothing bad, just a few years old and nothing a fresh coat of paint wouldn't fix. The rooms were comfy and the facilities great.
This was our first time at a Club Med resort and the staff at the resort made it an incredible experience. Right from the welcome upon arrival to the farewell where they lined the driveway to wave us off, nothing was ever too much trouble. The GO team are there to look after the guests and that is exactly what they do, whatever we needed was arranged without any hassle.
I really liked the fact that the GO's mingle with the guests, we were joined for a meal on a few occasions by one of the GO's and it is cool to hear their stories of living and working in the resort as well as finding out about where they are from. There are staff there from all over the world.
The activities were really good, we tried the archery and the trapeze. Both were a lot of fun and made easy and safe by the staff. I also played 9 holes at Ria Bintan which was spectacular. It was easily organised by Rosie form the golf team. The Golf Pros, Bjorn, Rob & Wayan were a lot of fun and great to play golf with and enjoy a drink afterwards at the bar.
The beach is beautiful and safe, the water was warm and inviting. The different bars make it easy to find places to relax and the massages at the spa were amazing.
As we were there with a group, we had organised activities and Sally D, the Groups manager and Michael, the Land Sports manager were both fantastic. It is rare to receive service of the level they provided anywhere in the world.
If you are looking for a relaxing, carefree break, Club Med Bintan is a great option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med