I had a blast at Club Med Bintan. Although this place is ideally for families (with kids 4 - 12 yrs old in my opinion), the warmth and service of the GOs made this trip such an exciting one. Firstly, the generous spread of food and desserts is going to make you want to come back for seconds, hence gaining a few pounds post trip is inevitable. Apart from an array of Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Western delicacies, the effort put into the presentation of this food is well appreciated. One can even visit the Terrace Restaurant to have a romantic meal overlooking the beach.
The most amazing thing was the stamina of the GOs - while they had to oversee activities - windsurfing, archery, golf and circus, they still participated in the daily entertaining 9 pm shows and had to rehearse for the next day's shows at midnight.. These indefatigable warriors never showed their exhaustion and were so sociable/photogenic and even went the extra mile in showing us magic tricks.. Special shout out to Leo who not only taught us tennis patiently but in the newly opened Karaoke rooms, he was a hoot to be with. His impression of Adele is one not to be missed as he can easily reach the high notes.. We also had a great time with Robert, Nat, and Alex for the watersports as they gave us the confidence to sail, kayak and surf out on our own..
I was also impressed at the different themes I experienced each night.. Night 1 - Miniclub theme night where we were treated to the cute and lovely performances of the kids.. Night 2 Casino night/Michael Jackson/circus night - croupiers/ chips, cards were all brought out to revamp the Santai area to a classy casino.. Night 3 - Sports night as Olympic medals were dished out to the winners of the Olympic games held earlier in the day. Night 4 - Opening ceremony of the Karaoke bar, not to mention the sportmanship of the GOs who enthralled us with their silky dance moves.. MJ, Gaga, Pink, Rihanna reprised their roles and added gloss to the opening of the Karaoke rooms..
If there was one bad point about the trip, I would say it's the small flat screen TV in the room but with abundance of activities in the resort, there wouldn't be a need to hole up in the room for the FOX and HBO movies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med