A great getaway! Just eat and play and sleep! My 5D4N stay passed by at a blink of the eye. There are so many things I have not done yet.
It's hard to tune myself back to reality now.
I went with my wife and 3.5 year old daughter + my good friend's family with 2 kids (1st May - 5th May 2013). This is my friend’s second visit. When I first arrived at Club Med Bintan, I felt a little reserved but after a short while, I felt very much at home.
We stayed in Superior room in E block. The room is much better than I expected. Before my trip, I read some negative reviews on the rooms and got worried. But everything turned out alright, everything in my room worked well, clean and pleasant. Just don't leave sweet foodstuff in your room or ants will come.
The GOs and Village Chief (Miss Mei - I hope I got her name correct) are full of life and energy, they can really impress and they are talented, besides doing their usual work/duty, they have to perform shows and host activities, sing, dance, and yet they are always happy and energetic. That's what makes the village so attractive and lively.
The night shows are fantastic and very entertaining. The acrobat performance is almost world class.
And Miss China contestant (Marco) is very "pretty" too! HAHA.
Food and drinks are great and abundance, good enough for our expectation, we are not fussy eaters. There's always enough variety to keep us eating.... and eating. But the beer is a little too bland.
After the heavy meals, the activities will help burn away the calories.
The pool is great (better than what I saw from the web photos), beach is fantastic with lots of fishes - bring along some white bread to feed them and the fishes will crowd around you.
There's just so much to be said - I can go on and on and on, go and get a feel of the vibe.
...planning for a return trip, hopefully soon....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med